• You cannot reply to this topic

Wishful thinking

#1 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

Seeing as we still have no planning permission, ownership not yet sorted the date of May 2008 looks like a forlorn dream. An officer within the planning office informed me today after some questioning that the ground if it gets the planning permission and he reiterated if, and if it all goes smoothly from now on then the date of May 2008 still cannot and will not be met. He says with the time scale of it going through the planning committee, the build time then at least we need to add at least 6 months onto the time frame. If this is the case then why are the CFSS quoting a date of May 2008? He also said what we were shown as in the deswign of the ground is not what we will be getting.

So I ask the CFSS is there any truth in what this person has told me? and can you categorically say the ground will be completed by May 2008 as you keep repeating and is the ground going to be the same design as the one shown to us? Or is what you have told us a way from the truth as per usual?

This post has been edited by fishini: 10 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:03 PM

View Postfishini, on Jan 10 2007, 05:13 PM, said:

So I ask the CFSS is there any truth in what this person has told me? and can you categorically say the ground will be completed by May 2008 as you keep repeating and is the ground going to be the same design as the one shown to us? Or is what you have told us a way from the truth as per usual?

Your source has a different view to those I have heard. Of course we cannot categorically say when the new stadium will open, we can just give you the latest timetable based on the developer's estimate.

Expect more news next Thursday if you go to cast your 3000 votes (there might even be a snippet on Monday).

In terms of the design it doesn't seem to have changed radically, from what I have been told, in any of the ten versions. A DVD tour of the proposed development will be available soon and at the very least detailed plans and pictures at an upcoming meeting or so I have been led to believe!
Peter Whiteley

#3 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

artist impressions are always made to look spectacular but tend to look nothing like the finished article. Thing is with any business you can be given a timescale but never be exact.

Who i work for (ntl:Telewest) we quote 30 days to install but at the end of the day the Terms and Conditions state and dates quoted are to be treated as estimates.

Thus when we started this 20 odd years ago they said we'd have a new ground in a few years and still sorting it now. Don't take everything as gospel :lol:

#4 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Jan 10 2007, 11:03 PM, said:

Your source has a different view to those I have heard. Of course we cannot categorically say when the new stadium will open, we can just give you the latest timetable based on the developer's estimate.

Expect more news next Thursday if you go to cast your 3000 votes (there might even be a snippet on Monday).

In terms of the design it doesn't seem to have changed radically, from what I have been told, in any of the ten versions. A DVD tour of the proposed development will be available soon and at the very least detailed plans and pictures at an upcoming meeting or so I have been led to believe!

I realise that you do your best to answer questions as you see them but in reality you have no evidence to say when the ground will be built if ever and you have no true impression as to what the final design is to be you don't even honestly know when the planning application is to be submitted and as for May 2008 as you constantly keep quoting, in reality is never going to be achieved and I think you are intelligent enough to realise this. I believe people would respect the CFSS more if they came out and said we don't know when the planning application is going to be submitted, we don't know when and if the ground will be completed and we don't have a final design yet, to which you have admitted has been changed. All people want is the true facts on this issue something the CFSS seem reluctant to give.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#5 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:31 PM

This weeks Derbyshire Times has a different view to your mysterious informant fishi,or did you omit his name on purpose,why don't you wait and listen to what Hubbard has to say after the two meetings next week,instead of just shooting your mouth off in loads of threads.

#6 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jan 11 2007, 03:31 PM, said:

This weeks Derbyshire Times has a different view to your mysterious informant fishi,or did you omit his name on purpose,why don't you wait and listen to what Hubbard has to say after the two meetings next week,instead of just shooting your mouth off in loads of threads.

What unlike you? Since when has the Derby Times ever had any credibility? The ground will not be ready for May 2008 mark my words, but as it stands now we do not have planning permission in yet, we don't have a final design, we don't have the land yet all I ask for is that the same people who are shouting out unachievable dates come out and tell the truth as much as that would hurt people like yourself who seem to believe all the rubbish being fed to you by your beloved CFSS plonkers
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#7 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

View Postfishini, on Jan 11 2007, 03:52 PM, said:

What unlike you? Since when has the Derby Times ever had any credibility? The ground will not be ready for May 2008 mark my words, but as it stands now we do not have planning permission in yet, we don't have a final design, we don't have the land yet all I ask for is that the same people who are shouting out unachievable dates come out and tell the truth as much as that would hurt people like yourself who seem to believe all the rubbish being fed to you by your beloved CFSS plonkers

So you keep saying over and over again fishi,i bet you are saying it in your sleep :D

#8 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jan 11 2007, 04:19 PM, said:

So you keep saying over and over again fishi,i bet you are saying it in your sleep ^_^

The only time I can't see whats happening is when I'm asleep unlike you who is blind all the time
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#9 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:26 PM

View Postfishini, on Jan 11 2007, 03:52 PM, said:

The ground will not be ready for May 2008 mark my words,

just for the sake of asking what if it is??

#10 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:55 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Jan 11 2007, 05:26 PM, said:

just for the sake of asking what if it is??

Then I would have been wrong but I doubt it

I want to know why we have been on about the Dema sight for as Pete puts 3 1/2 years and we still do not have a true picture of the ground or permission and we are according to Pete moving in in May 2008 ^_^
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#11 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:52 AM

View Postfishini, on Jan 10 2007, 05:13 PM, said:

Seeing as we still have no planning permission, ownership not yet sorted the date of May 2008 looks like a forlorn dream. An officer within the planning office informed me today after some questioning that the ground if it gets the planning permission and he reiterated if, and if it all goes smoothly from now on then the date of May 2008 still cannot and will not be met. He says with the time scale of it going through the planning committee, the build time then at least we need to add at least 6 months onto the time frame. If this is the case then why are the CFSS quoting a date of May 2008? He also said what we were shown as in the deswign of the ground is not what we will be getting.

fish. we have hubbards take over. we have the doncaster stadium builders on retainer. we have stevenson on board. that suggests that once the takeover is complete, the planning, investments,land deals will be done fairly quickly.

i think the planning will go in for the whole site,in one go, but that cannot happen until the clubs "ownership" issue is resolved,ie, if hubbards proposal is rejected, the planning application "B" will go in, if its accepted, then i expect to see full systems go fairly quickly.

we have things on our side that the club has never had before. the councikl onside, land earmarked in the local plan, "investments" ready to come in once CFSS is removed. the lights are on amber, just be patient an wait for the green. you have waited 20 years, 20 weeks wont matter to much.
A new hope.

#12 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:23 AM

View Postfishini, on Jan 11 2007, 06:55 PM, said:

Then I would have been wrong but I doubt it

I want to know why we have been on about the Dema sight for as Pete puts 3 1/2 years and we still do not have a true picture of the ground or permission and we are according to Pete moving in in May 2008 :lol:

stand on a muddy patch of ground and thats the true picture at the moment. :P

#13 User is offline   tapton-one 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:38 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Jan 12 2007, 11:23 AM, said:

stand on a muddy patch of ground and thats the true picture at the moment. :lol:

Speaking to a friend of mine today he told me that the roofing company he works for which is Chesterfield based has been asked to tender for the the roofing contract on the new stadium.May be things are starting to move behind the scenes,finally!! :D

#14 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:24 AM

View Posttapton-one, on Jan 14 2007, 02:38 PM, said:

Speaking to a friend of mine today he told me that the roofing company he works for which is Chesterfield based has been asked to tender for the the roofing contract on the new stadium.May be things are starting to move behind the scenes,finally!! :P

wish they'd hurry up and build it though even im getting bored of the wait

#15 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Jan 15 2007, 11:24 AM, said:

wish they'd hurry up and build it though even im getting bored of the wait

not be too much longer. once the vote to end "fans ownership" has been ratified, the club and its projects can move forward again.

i expect to see some movement fairly soon after the results from the CFSS poll.
A new hope.

#16 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:04 PM

View Postdeath, on Jan 15 2007, 03:33 PM, said:

not be too much longer. once the vote to end "fans ownership" has been ratified, the club and its projects can move forward again.

How can they, the current board don't have the funds....

#17 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:09 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Jan 18 2007, 05:04 PM, said:

In all the euphoria small things like the above can easily be missed
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#18 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Jan 18 2007, 05:04 PM, said:

do you think that they would prepare to issue several million preference shares without any "buyers"(themselves or outside) lined up?

hubbard may be a "victorian mill owner", or "ma" :lol: but he`s no idiot.
A new hope.

#19 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:42 AM

View Postdeath, on Jan 15 2007, 03:33 PM, said:

i expect to see some movement fairly soon after the results from the CFSS poll.

wow. 4 days was quicker than i expected. i thought at least a week :D

http://www.chesterfield-fc.premiumtv.co.uk...~967317,00.html
A new hope.

#20 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:54 PM

View Postdeath, on Jan 19 2007, 04:42 AM, said:

wow. 4 days was quicker than i expected. i thought at least a week :lol:

http://www.chesterfield-fc.premiumtv.co.uk...~967317,00.html

With no commercial lender wanting to touch us that 3.5 mill bridge could be a headache.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users