Dorking Away

#381 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 02 March 2024 - 09:33 PM

View PostCum on u blues, on 02 March 2024 - 08:04 PM, said:

Superb post. We were crap and asleep from the 1st minute. A bit of a reprieve when we put 4\5 passes just before the goal for the first time in the game and this should have been enough of a platform to change things in the 2nd half but within 3 minutes we were back to GO. Btw the team was put up in a hotel overnight. Time to take away a few privileges imo to make them wake up a bit especially for all the fans who spent all day getting there and back at a lot of expense (but at their own expense). Did everyone except for Tyrer go out on the tiles because they were an embarrassment to this club today. For the apologists who say it was a one-off we’ve not been performing for at least the last 5 games and we were lucky against Barnet in defence (look at the thread on which I’ve been heavily criticized)..
As for selection it was a joke. No Jones, no Sheckleford after his possible MOTM on Tuesday, Subs which should have happened at HT were too late at 4-1 were shocking. As usual he waits for the 70th minute. Banks, one of our most effective attacking players didn’t get a sniff while two players with no recent experience (one didn’t even get a start at Kings Lynn ffs) were brought on AFTER the 4th goal instead of trying to make an impact before. Anyone would have to question his ability to handle his job let alone a crisis ffs.
It’s a bit of a joke between me and the lad how many changes are made for each match and we never guess right, especially with who will play. When no explanation is given why certain players don’t even get on the bench it merits an explanation imo even post-match. Too easy to complement the opposition on their display.
Yes we’ll go up but on what we’ve witnessed lately, everyone including the managers need a big kick up the ass to stay in L2. Yes the players are in the front line and deserve to be criticized when the performance isn’t up to scratch but let’s not forget how absent our tactics are when things are obviously going pear-shaped.

’need a big kick up the ass to stay in league L2’ 😂😂😂😂😂
That Made me pizz myself…

#382 User is offline   rodney 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 09:35 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 02 March 2024 - 07:29 PM, said:

Some shocking negative comments here!
We are top by 20 points!!

The main negative is losing to a team led by that absolute prck of a manager/owner

Totally agree 20 points clear and 10 games to go. Wonderful season

But…: I quite like the honesty and passion of Marc White… refreshing

#383 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 09:47 PM

View Postdtp, on 02 March 2024 - 09:18 PM, said:

I agree with much of what you say, Chris, but mentioning Banks over Dobra I don’t get. We were 4-1 down before Cook changed anything and Dobra was introduced. We had been crying out for somebody to actually control the ball, carry it and run at them the entire game. So, choosing to only name Dobra out of all the poor performers today seems strange.

The only other thing is, whether or not we had pulled it back to 2-1 just before HT, that should not have lulled anybody into thinking the players didn’t need a kick up the Khyber Pass. The performance had been shocking for 45 minutes and the players should have been told so in no uncertain terms when they got in the changing room. Whatever was said had no effect and Grimes promptly gifted them the match. Marc White might have got his tactics spot on but he cannot have ever tactically expected us to present his team with so many gifts or for us to tactically change nothing. I agree it’s worked most of the season but when it’s not working, and it quite clearly wasn’t, then something has to be done about it but nothing different was tried until the match was lost and we got close to the infamous 70th minute.

Anyway, it’s history now, and we move on but lessons have to be learned.

Dobra infuriates me, Dave.

Head and shoulders above most at this level (metaphorically, of course) but still to learn when to pass.

He, alongside Berry and Colclough, is able to run at and unlock defences. However even in his almost cameo today I counted three or four occasions when he had players looking for a through ball only for him to dwell too long on the ball.

I guess that's why a lad of his talent and low centre of gravity hasn't progressed thus far...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 02 March 2024 - 09:49 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#384 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 02 March 2024 - 09:53 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 02 March 2024 - 09:19 PM, said:

Who do you prefer?

Depends on the opponent, sorry. On the days when Williams is playing high up the pitch and he’s winning his personal battles he looks EFL standard. On occasion though, as against Rochdale, he lost a lot of his tussles and they got through. Perhaps he was dropped because of that indecision. Not seen owt of the Dorking match yet.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#385 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 02 March 2024 - 09:55 PM

Goku said:

1709411387[/url]' post='[url="tel:<a href="tel:1807665">1807665</a>"]1807665[/url]']
Does your lad know the square root of f**k all like you, or is he a little more knowledgeable? If so, it must be awful for him having to listen to you drone on as if you know better than the bloke who has us 20 points clear at the start of March.

Same old critics and defenders of their saviour with nothing to say except spouting ad infinitum the points gap. Do you think that would satisfy all the fans who made the trip today to see that load of crap ? And over the previous 4 games ? Like Devonshire said discretely this league is much of a muchness apart from CFC without being blunt like Brennan that it was down to the money spent and not the management. Just look at the points difference between 2nd bottom and 10th: 9 points ! Put a monkey in charge of our squad and he will make the same errors by probability factors just by closing his eyes and trying to put the tail on the donkey with his team selection each week. Blowing a big budget buying lots of players, some with EFL experience will work in the short-term when you’ve got the resources to use but in the long-term it’s another matter. Carry on like this in L2 and we’ll be struggling to stay up. Shocking display by the players but equally as shocking by the poor timing and choices of the replacements was obvious even for mere supporters like me. Never seen anything like it. When the going gets tough the tough will probably be….in the pub….

This post has been edited by Cum on u blues: 02 March 2024 - 09:57 PM

#386 User is offline   rodney 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 10:05 PM

View PostCum on u blues, on 02 March 2024 - 09:55 PM, said:

Same old critics and defenders of their saviour with nothing to say except spouting ad infinitum the points gap. Do you think that would satisfy all the fans who made the trip today to see that load of crap ? And over the previous 4 games ? Like Devonshire said discretely this league is much of a muchness apart from CFC without being blunt like Brennan that it was down to the money spent and not the management. Just look at the points difference between 2nd bottom and 10th: 9 points ! Put a monkey in charge of our squad and he will make the same errors by probability factors just by closing his eyes and trying to put the tail on the donkey with his team selection each week. Blowing a big budget buying lots of players, some with EFL experience will work in the short-term when you’ve got the resources to use but in the long-term it’s another matter. Carry on like this in L2 and we’ll be struggling to stay up. Shocking display by the players but equally as shocking by the poor timing and choices of the replacements was obvious even for mere supporters like me. Never seen anything like it. When the going gets tough the tough will probably be….in the pub….

What utter tosh. Who has blown a big budget?

#387 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 10:10 PM

View Postdim view, on 02 March 2024 - 09:53 PM, said:

On the days when Williams is playing high up the pitch and he’s winning his personal battles he looks EFL standard

Nail on the head

#388 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 02 March 2024 - 10:42 PM

View PostCum on u blues, on 02 March 2024 - 09:55 PM, said:

Not a saviour, just a very good proven manager with an excellent track record. The spite in which you speak about Cook is genuinely unbelievable. He’s got the team you supposedly support 20 points clear. And yes, I will spout that ad infinitum because the idea of football is to procure more points than the other teams competing with you in the same division. As it goes, the bloke you hate has succeeded massively in doing this - more comprehensively than any of us could dream of, yet that still isn’t enough for people like you. If you can’t enjoy a season like this, perhaps just don’t bother watching or attending? Save the poor souls who sit near you and your lad the ear ache every match.

Re. Fans who travelled today, if you go to a match you run the risk of seeing your team lose. Boo hoo, they had to watch us lose a match. I’m sure if they’re not reactionary wet wipes like you, they’ll be able to take a look at the table tonight, sip their beer and see the bigger picture.

Your suggestion that our success is based entirely on money would perhaps have some merit if we didn’t have only the 3rd highest budget in the league. Why aren’t the teams with the 1st and 2nd highest budgets in 1st and 2nd place if it’s that simple? Why, a monkey would be able to manage Oldham to 1st place by blowing the budget, wouldn’t they?

Of course not. Football obviously isn’t that black and white. We haven’t ’blown’ our budget. We have signed proven pros who have performed throughout the season. The pin the tail on the donkey team selection has played its part in getting us to the position we’re in. Ok, recently it might have cost us a couple of games, but it’s enabled our whole squad to be fresh and primarily injury free. Where is your analysis of that? Nowhere to be seen.

You stating that you’ve ’never seen anything like it’ probably explains a lot. If you’ve never seen your team lose by 3 goals away before and you act like it’s the end of the world then I can only assume it’s your first season following town.

You’re an overly negative, overly critical soft sh**ebag.

#389 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:02 PM

View PostGoku, on 02 March 2024 - 10:42 PM, said:

Not a saviour, just a very good proven manager with an excellent track record. The spite in which you speak about Cook is genuinely unbelievable. He’s got the team you supposedly support 20 points clear. And yes, I will spout that ad infinitum because the idea of football is to procure more points than the other teams competing with you in the same division. As it goes, the bloke you hate has succeeded massively in doing this - more comprehensively than any of us could dream of, yet that still isn’t enough for people like you. If you can’t enjoy a season like this, perhaps just don’t bother watching or attending? Save the poor souls who sit near you and your lad the ear ache every match.

Re. Fans who travelled today, if you go to a match you run the risk of seeing your team lose. Boo hoo, they had to watch us lose a match. I’m sure if they’re not reactionary wet wipes like you, they’ll be able to take a look at the table tonight, sip their beer and see the bigger picture.

Your suggestion that our success is based entirely on money would perhaps have some merit if we didn’t have only the 3rd highest budget in the league. Why aren’t the teams with the 1st and 2nd highest budgets in 1st and 2nd place if it’s that simple? Why, a monkey would be able to manage Oldham to 1st place by blowing the budget, wouldn’t they?

Of course not. Football obviously isn’t that black and white. We haven’t ’blown’ our budget. We have signed proven pros who have performed throughout the season. The pin the tail on the donkey team selection has played its part in getting us to the position we’re in. Ok, recently it might have cost us a couple of games, but it’s enabled our whole squad to be fresh and primarily injury free. Where is your analysis of that? Nowhere to be seen.

You stating that you’ve ’never seen anything like it’ probably explains a lot. If you’ve never seen your team lose by 3 goals away before and you act like it’s the end of the world then I can only assume it’s your first season following town.

You’re an overly negative, overly critical soft sh**ebag.

I’m just glad some of those folk didn’t attend the 10 loss at Gillingham years ago, their heads would have exploded. Yes todays performance made dog do look like fillet steak but I’m really not bothered
East stand second class citizen.

#390 User is offline   Doolan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:03 PM

Mate your lad is gaggers to not go to match with you haha bet he hates it when you start your tired old “subs on 70th minute routine” and he’s smiling through gritted teeth but he’s secretly miles away thinking about how he can get out of going to the match with his cringe bag dad. maybe he’ll start saying he’s not bothered about the footy or that he’s met a lass or that he wants to go paintballing on Saturdays instead and you think fair enough, if you love them them then go etc but then one day 3 years later you see him on the EFl highlights celebrating a goal when we’re in league one and he’s having the best time of his life with his mates, pure living in the moment. You don’t mention it to him that you’ve seen him but you are confused, broken. 2 years later at your sister in laws bbq you arrived earlier than everyone so have drunk 3 more cans and finally it comes out. “I know you’ve still been going to town matches” you whisper to him, with breath laced with carling and mustard. He pauses for a second, not knowing how to react. Then suddenly a clarity comes over his face. He turns to you and says “Yeah dad. I do still go. But I don’t go with you because you’re a ****ìng dullard and your breath smells”

#391 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:05 PM

View PostDoolan, on 02 March 2024 - 11:03 PM, said:

Mate your lad is gaggers to not go to match with you haha bet he hates it when you start your tired old “subs on 70th minute routine” and he’s smiling through gritted teeth but he’s secretly miles away thinking about how he can get out of going to the match with his cringe bag dad. maybe he’ll start saying he’s not bothered about the footy or that he’s met a lass or that he wants to go paintballing on Saturdays instead and you think fair enough, if you love them them then go etc but then one day 3 years later you see him on the EFl highlights celebrating a goal when we’re in league one and he’s having the best time of his life with his mates, pure living in the moment. You don’t mention it to him that you’ve seen him but you are confused, broken. 2 years later at your sister in laws bbq you arrived earlier than everyone so have drunk 3 more cans and finally it comes out. “I know you’ve still been going to town matches” you whisper to him, with breath laced with carling and mustard. He pauses for a second, not knowing how to react. Then suddenly a clarity comes over his face. He turns to you and says “Yeah dad. I do still go. But I don’t go with you because you’re a ****ìng dullard and your breath smells”

Pure poetry

#392 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:15 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 02 March 2024 - 09:47 PM, said:

Head and shoulders above most at this level (metaphorically, of course) but still to learn when to pass.

He, alongside Berry and Colclough, is able to run at and unlock defences. However even in his almost cameo today I counted three or four occasions when he had players looking for a through ball only for him to dwell too long on the ball.

I guess that's why a lad of his talent and low centre of gravity hasn't progressed thus far...

now an attacking 3 of berry dobra and colclough would be unplayable at this level. love to see the 3 of them get as many minutes as possible between now and the end of the season. these 3 together would make everyone else's job simple... give any of them the ball and watch em go.

#393 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:26 PM

Top 5 Bobs Board post

#394 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:33 PM

View PostGoku, on 02 March 2024 - 11:26 PM, said:

Top 5 Bobs Board post

More impressive from a Mansfield fan

#395 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:42 PM

anyone know why quigley was missing today?

#396 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:46 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 02 March 2024 - 09:47 PM, said:

i get you re dobs, he is quality at this level but can be guilty of making the wrong decisions at times, would like to see him play centrally and not on the left, think he becomes a bit predictable on the left but can do real damage if given licence to do his work down the middle.

#397 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:56 PM

The contest is over. Doolan has just won Bob's Board.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#398 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 March 2024 - 02:55 AM

Made me laugh. Top work.

#399 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 03 March 2024 - 09:04 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 02 March 2024 - 11:15 PM, said:

now an attacking 3 of berry dobra and colclough would be unplayable at this level. love to see the 3 of them get as many minutes as possible between now and the end of the season. these 3 together would make everyone else's job simple... give any of them the ball and watch em go.

Totally agree. I was just imagining the team without any of them and it wouldn’t be half so effective.
Yes Dobra can be frustrating and make wrong decisions but so does Colclough as often as not, but they are creative players who are essential.

#400 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 09:39 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 02 March 2024 - 11:42 PM, said:

anyone know why quigley was missing today?

His mrs gave birth on Fiday.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

Share this topic:

• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users