• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ulev Zone And Stanmore

#1 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 December 2023 - 01:40 PM

Just a quick heads up to anyone driving down to future London area games and using the tube station, or any other parking at Stanmore, that this area is now, albeit just, in the ULEZ zone and therefore if you enter it, even though it’s for a matter of a few hundred yards at most you are liable to the daily charge if your car does not meet the criteria. My son recently found this out on a trip to London and received two penalty notices ..£90 per day driving in the zone.. totalling £180. Thankfully after representation to TFL and basically pleading that being from Derbyshire he was unaware the scheme extended that far and the inclusion of various vehicles, both true, they’ve revoked the fines at their discretion.
Just be aware that the zone really does go out a long way.
East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 12 December 2023 - 01:44 PM

If only he had a family member who is an expert on everything to tell him….oh wait

#3 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 December 2023 - 01:55 PM

It extended a while ago with lots of media and adverts about it plus strangely a lot of folk with cars that didnt meet the exemption got letters even if they werent in london or even anywhere close.

Loads of info here about where it goes out to and you can check if your car is compliant or not before you go --> https://tfl.gov.uk/m...-where-and-when

For cars it has to meet Euro 4 standards if its a petrol or Euro 6 if its a diesel. Euro 4 for petrol cars is generally anything older than 2005 so thats a pretty old car, more likely to be an issue for diesels as Euro 6 is stuff older than Sept 2015.

#4 User is offline   Painted Wagon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 12 December 2023 - 01:56 PM

So, a forum member decides to share some information which could prevent others from incurring a large fine and the first response pokes fun at it. I for one thank you for the info Mr Mercury.

#5 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 December 2023 - 02:03 PM

View PostJonB, on 12 December 2023 - 01:55 PM, said:

It extended a while ago with lots of media and adverts about it plus strangely a lot of folk with cars that didnt meet the exemption got letters even if they werent in london or even anywhere close.

Loads of info here about where it goes out to and you can check if your car is compliant or not before you go --> https://tfl.gov.uk/m...-where-and-when

For cars it has to meet Euro 4 standards if its a petrol or Euro 6 if its a diesel. Euro 4 for petrol cars is generally anything older than 2005 so thats a pretty old car, more likely to be an issue for diesels as Euro 6 is stuff older than Sept 2015.

Yes his car is a diesel pre 2015, I never gave it a thought and of course he certainly didn’t! but all sorted in favour.

#6 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 12 December 2023 - 02:14 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 12 December 2023 - 01:44 PM, said:

If only he had a family member who is an expert on everything to tell him….oh wait

Dismal response
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#7 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 December 2023 - 02:14 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 12 December 2023 - 02:03 PM, said:

Yes his car is a diesel pre 2015, I never gave it a thought and of course he certainly didn’t! but all sorted in favour.

Good it was sorted and they are showing a bit of common sense. Like you say its unlikely to be high on the radar of an occasional visitor from up north! We've had a similar outcome with some fees they charged my wife for tapping in and out on the tube which all went fine then they charged her nearly £12 for a journey where they claim she tapped in at St Pancras at the same time she was boarding her train back up to Chesterfield on a normal train ticket but never tapped out. We thought as the yellow tap in\out pads are close to the barcode scanners her watch had caught it as she scanned the barcode on her phone but then on a second trip recently after i'd turned off the automatic recognition on her watch so it had to be activated manually it did the same so no idea whats gone off. However TFL refunded both charges as we showed she had a ticket for the train back to Chesterfield that had been scanned both times so hadnt tapped in as well.

Fortunately both our cars are compliant as it stands, one is an electric Corsa that while compliant i cant be bothered to drive down there in as i'll have to charge on the way there and way back and the other is a 2018 petrol Insignia that meets the regulations.

On the subject of handy London travelling tips worth mentioning that if you use Apple\Google Pay on your phone or watch when on the Tube make sure you use the same device to tap in and out. If you tap in with one and out with the other the system sees them as separate payment cards and cant calculate the journey. Sees you as tapping in but not out and charges you the maximum of about £12. Have to use the same device at both ends for it to work.

This post has been edited by JonB: 12 December 2023 - 02:18 PM

#8 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2023 - 02:44 PM

Anyone going to London on a regular basis - if you have an Oyster( Pre Payment Card) and you are over 60 .
Take you Senior Railcard and Oyster Card to a member of staff at a tube station and get your Oyster upgraded to Senior.All journeys then discounted.

#9 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2023 - 04:17 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 12 December 2023 - 01:44 PM, said:

He's got a family member who corresponds with someone who is an expert on far, far more than everything.

#10 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2023 - 12:33 PM

View Postazul, on 12 December 2023 - 02:14 PM, said:

Dismal response

Lol ok!
Everyone surely knows that the Ulez is the whole inner M25 now?

There’s enough people from outside London (more than inside) slagging off Mayor Khan over it! (Despite it being Boris Johnson’s idea….)

#11 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2023 - 12:36 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 13 December 2023 - 12:33 PM, said:

Lol ok!

There’s enough people from outside London (more than inside) slagging off Mayor Khan over it! (Despite it being Boris Johnson’s idea….)

Don’t think the extended area is down to Boris.
God I hate this league.

#12 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2023 - 12:37 PM

Lol ok!

They may know it was extended after all the media guff about it but doubt many folk who don’t live in London or go there that often will know the exact coverage. Also most folk going to London from up here will try and go by train so even less need to know.

#13 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2023 - 02:10 PM

View PostDIFH, on 13 December 2023 - 12:36 PM, said:

Don’t think the extended area is down to Boris.

It was always in the Ulez plans apparentjy

#14 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 13 December 2023 - 03:55 PM

View PostDIFH, on 13 December 2023 - 12:36 PM, said:

Don't think the extended area is down to Boris.

No but it was recommended by the Conservative Government. Khan is only implementing their wishes!
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#15 User is offline   RuislipSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2023 - 04:15 PM

Watford is in Hertfordshire so be watchful of the dreaded ULEZ border signs. Bring back Boris!

#16 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2023 - 05:33 PM

Lol ok!

And why would i know that? Not read owt about it in the DT, not been mentioned on Radio Sheff news, Look North or Calendar.
Sometimes people who live in London think they are at the centre of the universe and what is in the Evening Standard or on BBC London is repeated around the country 'cos we need to know as uou are all so important.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#17 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2023 - 07:45 PM

View Postborn in 1866, on 13 December 2023 - 05:33 PM, said:

And why would i know that? Not read owt about it in the DT, not been mentioned on Radio Sheff news, Look North or Calendar.
Sometimes people who live in London think they are at the centre of the universe and what is in the Evening Standard or on BBC London is repeated around the country 'cos we need to know as uou are all so important.

You genuinely hadn’t heard of Ulez?

#18 User is offline   timshorts 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2023 - 08:05 PM

Perhaps we could scrap the ulez and replace it with a new leveling up process where the m25 has a huge impenetrable inner wall and anybody entering the country illegally could be moved there.

I'd always favoured blowing london up, but that feels more humane.

This post has been edited by timshorts: 13 December 2023 - 08:05 PM

#19 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2023 - 09:14 PM

View PostJonB, on 13 December 2023 - 12:37 PM, said:

They may know it was extended after all the media guff about it but doubt many folk who don’t live in London or go there that often will know the exact coverage. Also most folk going to London from up here will try and go by train so even less need to know.

Just to correct any misinformation that may have been provided above, the ULEV zone, although greatly extended, certainly doesnt cover “the whole inner M25 now”
Link to the zone map..
https://tfl.gov.uk/m...en?intcmp=52227

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 13 December 2023 - 09:32 PM

#20 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2023 - 09:32 PM

View PostRuislipSpire, on 13 December 2023 - 04:15 PM, said:

Watford is in Hertfordshire so be watchful of the dreaded ULEZ border signs. Bring back Boris!

ULEZ doesnt cover Watford....are Herts one of the counties that wont have the ULEZ signs up?

View Posttimshorts, on 13 December 2023 - 08:05 PM, said:

Perhaps we could scrap the ulez and replace it with a new leveling up process where the m25 has a huge impenetrable inner wall and anybody entering the country illegally could be moved there.

I'd always favoured blowing london up, but that feels more humane.

A fair few of them are...

Its OK though, they let them there Northerners in to take their money and shag their women. Maybe you should try it, the pay is good... no comment on the women, mine's from Herts.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users