https://youtube.com/...oenikKNzWqlWcBw

Came across this this AM. Top man.

WATAW.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#2 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 September 2023 - 02:51 PM

He's a generous bloke.

I know some folk on here dont like him or feel he's not good enough for us (Warfey, Bonnyman) but he knows this game inside out and its obvious listening to other managers he is held in high regard.

I am grateful he's here and I really do trust him. I just wish the people who sit behind the dugout (Lindave and mates) just cut him some slack, stop balling and shouting at him and let him get on with his job. He isn't going to turn round and say "OK lads, I will do what you want me to do and let you pick the team and bankrupt the club signing all these new players you want".

Cookie is going to be struggling at the moment with the mistakes that are being made, folk go on like he doesn't see the same mistakes they do but the difference is, he knows his players, he know their problems and he has to manage it the best he can. We have a talented squad who are capable but we are a National League team and we wont ever get perfection.

A few folk on here were having a good old moan about Williams not taking the place of Palmer on Saturday and suggesting Cook doesnt have a clue only to discover that Cook had given Williams compassionate leave due to his wife being in labour.

Its easy to sit and judge and to "know better" when you actually don't know whats going on.

Cook likes supporters to support, even when things aren't going as well as they would like. Yep we are on equal points to the league leaders

#3 User is offline   Surrey Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 September 2023 - 02:54 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 September 2023 - 02:51 PM, said:

He's a generous bloke.

I know some folk on here dont like him or feel he's not good enough for us (Warfey, Bonnyman) but he knows this game inside out and its obvious listening to other managers he is held in high regard.

We could have Klopp or Guardiola..... Warfey and Bonnygal would still be unhappy.

#4 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 04 September 2023 - 02:56 PM

View PostSurrey Spireite, on 04 September 2023 - 02:54 PM, said:

We could have Klopp or Guardiola..... Warfey and Bonnygal would still be unhappy.

True, they both know better than any manager.

#5 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:19 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 September 2023 - 02:56 PM, said:

C’mon lads let’s not turn this in to another thread of insults 😂. I just thought folk might like.

Positive vibes.

#6 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:30 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 September 2023 - 02:56 PM, said:

Get on with your knitting **** stirrer and get u're facts right

#7 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:32 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 04 September 2023 - 03:30 PM, said:

Hope you’re having a cracking day. 👍

#8 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:36 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 04 September 2023 - 03:30 PM, said:

C’mon WiaS. Let’s not turn this in to one of those threads.

Watch the video it’ll make you smile

#9 User is offline   StaffsSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:37 PM

He's a generous bloke.

I am grateful he's here and I really do trust him. I just wish the people who sit behind the dugout (Lindave and mates) just cut him some slack, stop balling and shouting at him and let him get on with his job. He isn't going to turn round and say "OK lads, I will do what you want me to do and let you pick the team and bankrupt the club signing all these new players you want".

Cookie is going to be struggling at the moment with the mistakes that are being made, folk go on like he doesn't see the same mistakes they do but the difference is, he knows his players, he know their problems and he has to manage it the best he can. We have a talented squad who are capable but we are a National League team and we wont ever get perfection.

A few folk on here were having a good old moan about Williams not taking the place of Palmer on Saturday and suggesting Cook doesnt have a clue only to discover that Cook had given Williams compassionate leave due to his wife being in labour.

Its easy to sit and judge and to "know better" when you actually don't know whats going on.

Cook likes supporters to support, even when things aren't going as well as they would like. Yep we are on equal points to the league leaders

Good post.......rare to see someone talking sense on this board lol :-)

#10 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:37 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 September 2023 - 03:32 PM, said:

Hope you’re having a cracking day. 👍

We’ll take that as positive and not sarcastic…😂

#11 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:38 PM

View Posts42blue, on 04 September 2023 - 03:37 PM, said:

We’ll take that as positive and not sarcastic…😂

Definitely, we need to be more positive 👍

#12 User is online   Osborne again 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:40 PM

He's a generous bloke.

If I could have any lower league manager at Town it would be Paul Cook, and I'd edge my bets and say he wouldn't have gone to any other NL club other than ours. I hope he's here for years, and gets us into the Championship.

#13 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:45 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 04 September 2023 - 03:40 PM, said:

If I could have any lower league manager at Town it would be Paul Cook, and I'd edge my bets and say he wouldn't have gone to any other NL club other than ours. I hope he's here for years, and gets us into the Championship.

Agree with all that but I’d “hedge” my bets 😂

#14 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:48 PM

View Posts42blue, on 04 September 2023 - 03:45 PM, said:

Agree with all that but I’d “hedge” my bets 😂

Please don’t turn into CPS 😂

#15 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 03:49 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 September 2023 - 03:48 PM, said:

Please don’t turn into CPS 😂

Nearly didn’t post but was in good humour. 👍

#16 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 04:18 PM

[quote name='Quaker' timestamp='1693839092' post='1768603']
He's a generous bloke.

[/quot
Don't stick my name to your **** thread he has my backing if sometimes dubious about what he does

[quote name='Surrey Spireite' timestamp='1693839291' post='1768605']
[/quote]
And you you clown
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#17 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 04:21 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 04 September 2023 - 04:18 PM, said:

ame='Quaker' timestamp='1693839092' post='1768603']
He's a generous bloke.

[/quot
Don't stick my name to your **** thread he has my backing if sometimes dubious about what he does

And you you clown

C’mon 🦆. Let’s not turn it in to one of those thread. Move on 👍.

#18 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 04:27 PM

I'm not sure why 2 people who don't know me from Adam would say think they know my opinions on cooky,I would not swap him for any manager in the league,although I don't agree on some of his decisions of which I'm not afraid to put on here( some people are just fence sitters) I still find his brand of football entertaining,he gets punters through the gates and what's good for the club financially is good for me...he still should pull defenders who are having a mare ,it seams easier to pull a forward as you can say it was tactical.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#19 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 04:32 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 04 September 2023 - 04:27 PM, said:

I'm not sure why 2 people who don't know me from Adam would say think they know my opinions on cooky,I would not swap him for any manager in the league,although I don't agree on some of his decisions of which I'm not afraid to put on here( some people are just fence sitters) I still find his brand of football entertaining,he gets punters through the gates and what's good for the club financially is good for me...he still should pull defenders who are having a mare ,it seams easier to pull a forward as you can say it was tactical.

Then we’re all good. Just ignore negativity and move on. Jeez I feel like Barabas. 😂

#20 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 04:49 PM

Me 2 I've nowt agai,nst cooky persay but some of his tactics are questionable ,me and bonny that's actually played football see things,cos we don't suck up all time like quaker ,whose nothing but a **** stirrer

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users