• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dorking Away

#81 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:33 PM

Again no thought/intelligence used by the by the NL management. They should have let Dorkings introduction to this league be a gradual one by giving them a few home fixtures v teams of little away support
giving them time to adjust. Surely they must have realised that an opening fixture v us or any of the other well supported ex league clubs would cause problems. Why do it? If they wanted to send them a big club (in their eyes) solihull would have fit the bill with no excess crowd problems.

Did they not learn from the problems with the opening day fixture last season Kings Lynn v Southend? A scepticmight say they did.

The question is, is the governance of this league totally sh1tte? Or do they like putting obstacles in the way of the perceived bigger clubs?

Town Fan it ain't CFCs fault Dorking are inexperienced and have cocked up. Use your London Post code qnd get a ticket in their end
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#82 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:35 PM

View PostSpireRam, on 07 July 2022 - 01:31 PM, said:

You're blaming CFC for the fact Dorking put tickets on sale?

You'll get a ticket no bother. Some of your posts on this thread are making Walton look like a rational bloke.

Aldershot put their tickets on sale last season in exactly the same way. Why do CFC have to get involved and make it harder for genuine fans to get a ticket?

How many Solihull play off tickets actually made it to sale, who got them? It stinks and you all know why.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#83 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:35 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 07 July 2022 - 01:23 PM, said:

Theyll talk about season ticket holders but lets be rate, this is about the usual hangers on complaining and the fat trough sniffers at the top sorting their mates out as usual.

They are trying to look after season ticket holders, however if tickets have been lawfully purchased in good faith they should be honoured

#84 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:36 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on 07 July 2022 - 10:51 AM, said:

[b]By coincidence [i]I was in Dorking yesterday and went to have look.<div><br></div><div>The away end, behind the goal is a narrow flat strip resembling a narrow jitty. No terracing, very tight and a bit of a squeeze and perhaps not good if you suffer from claustrophobia.</div><div><br></div><div>There's a dinky little narrow stand in the corner - four terraces high that can accomodate about 100 I guess. If we get over six hundred then, unless we get the small stand in the centre down one side, it's going to be a tight squeeze with everyone standing on the flat - again no terracing - but will make for a great atmosphere. Home fans seem well catered for.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Artificial pitch on which lots of young children, watched by their parents, were being coached. It's also the headquarters of Surrey FA. Homely little club with a pleasant atmopshere about the place. It's in a lovely park called Meadowbank and makes for a pleasant walk form the station, about 10-15 minutes and means you don't have to go into the Town where there are lots of pubs on the high street.</div>

So a capacity of 3k (Official site with 500 seating) where can they accommodate say 600 away fans with what you posted before.
God I hate this league.

#85 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:38 PM

View Postmoondog, on 07 July 2022 - 01:35 PM, said:

They are trying to look after season ticket holders, however if tickets have been lawfully purchased in good faith they should be honoured

Agreed, Dorking should tell CFC to urine off. The trough sniffers might have to miss a game for a change.

#86 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:41 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 07 July 2022 - 01:38 PM, said:

Agreed, Dorking should tell CFC to urine off. The trough sniffers might have to miss a game for a change.

It won't be trough sniffers as I doubt Dorking sold out during the short period tickets were available and they will still be able get them if we sell them. I've booked a non refundable rail ticket on the back of getting a ticket and would be looking into getting compensation if they go ahead with refunding and I'm unable to get a ticket

#87 User is offline   prolurker 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:43 PM

Buy a season ticket or stop complaining

#88 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

View PostTown_Fan, on 07 July 2022 - 01:35 PM, said:

Aldershot put their tickets on sale last season in exactly the same way. Why do CFC have to get involved and make it harder for genuine fans to get a ticket?

How many Solihull play off tickets actually made it to sale, who got them? It stinks and you all know why.

Because their capacity is as big as my garden shed - CFC have to do what they feel is right and honour season ticket holders if they feel it could be an away sell-out. It is what it is.

With that said, I do feel those that have already purchased should be allowed to keep their tickets as it's a cock up and that isn't the fault of those that did grab one.

#89 User is offline   SpireiteStan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

View PostTown_Fan, on 06 July 2022 - 06:08 PM, said:

Firstly why should I? I have a ticket and for a nice change I had the same amount of opportunity as everyone else to get one.

Secondly what if the club limit them so I can't get one or I can't get to the club to pick it up etc.

Why should I have to jump through more hoops when I've bought a legit ticket in good faith?

Yeah I agree with all of that but saying you'd be done with the club is a bit extreme

#90 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

That’s exactly what should’ve happened. Dorking put them on sale and when they’ve sold they’ve sold. It’s not for CFC to dictate how clubs operate. Loads of away game tickets were sold that way last season and the seasons prior. Any tickets bought SHOULD be honoured.

What happens to those that bought a ticket, have now arranged travel but perhaps will now be ticketless.

This post has been edited by LondonBlue: 07 July 2022 - 01:48 PM

#91 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:46 PM

Yeah, Ive pointed that out to Dorking, many will have arranged travel and Hotels etc.

Are CFC going to refund those costs just because a few of their mates missed out?

View Postprolurker, on 07 July 2022 - 01:43 PM, said:

Buy a season ticket or stop complaining

The irony is I bet I've done more for this club and gone to many more away games than most STH. As I say its not about STH anyway its about the usual hangers on complaining on Twitter etc.

#92 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:49 PM

Disappointing that the club have presumably requested tickets be refunded, tinpot from both sides.

#93 User is offline   prolurker 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:49 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 07 July 2022 - 01:46 PM, said:

Yeah, Ive pointed that out to Dorking, many will have arranged travel and Hotels etc.

Are CFC going to refund those costs just because a few of their mates missed out?

The irony is I bet I've done more for this club and gone to many more away games than most STH. As I say its not about STH anyway its about the usual hangers on complaining on Twitter etc.

It is literally about STH, you pay upfront and provide funding in bulk and in return get home tickets and first access to away tickets.

That's the way it works with football clubs these days right or wrong, nothing about 'mates missing out'.

#94 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:53 PM

Not being a twitterer, who are these 'hangers on'?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#95 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:56 PM

So person A purchases a ST mainly for the reason it gives him/her priority on any limited away tickets. A problem anyone with any foresight will see happening again this season.

Dorking jump the gun and flog them to non-ST holding person B, along with non-ST holding persons C-Z.

Person A is then unable to get a ticket.

Is this what you deem fair?

#96 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:57 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 07 July 2022 - 01:53 PM, said:

I've had a quick search on twitter using "dorking tickets" and cant see much in the way of "hangers on" moaning to get things changed.

#97 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:57 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 07 July 2022 - 01:53 PM, said:

They got Solihull tickets
JRID

#98 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:59 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 07 July 2022 - 01:56 PM, said:

So person A purchases a ST mainly for the reason it gives him/her priority on any limited away tickets. A problem anyone with any foresight will see happening again this season.

Dorking jump the gun and flog them to non-ST holding person B, along with non-ST holding persons C-Z.

Person A is then unable to get a ticket.

Is this what you deem fair?

It cant be that just being a STH is the only measurable for being worthy of a ticket. Especially when I'm (and many others who cant be STH for logistical reasons) stood in the rain on a Tuesday night at Maidenhead whilst most STH couldnt GAF.

#99 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

What have you done for the club? Genuine Q and don't know the answer before a tirade haha.

Going to away games doesn't do anything for CFC financially I don't believe
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#100 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

This thread is already a classic.

Share this topic:

• (40 Pages)
  • +
  • « First