Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: ???Hungarian Centre Half??? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

???Hungarian Centre Half???

#1 User is offline   cfcfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:40 AM

Found out last night from a very good source that we are signing an hungarian centre half who is good friends with Fulop and he is not one of these trialists

#2 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:46 AM

Yeh and my mate told me we are signing Henry from Arsenal, I will believe it when its confirmed!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#3 User is offline   cfcfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:48 AM

[quote name='ash_cfc' date='Jul 18 2005, 11:46 AM']
Yeh and my mate told me we are signing Henry from Arsenal, I will believe it when its confirmed!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote

My mate told from someone who works at the club

#4 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:51 AM

So you decide to come on here and tell all? Which in theory could wreck our attempts to sign him.. I.E Derbyshire Times?

If it is true, Then well done Roy, If its not then cut the My mate told me, the cat whisperd to my sister who told me etc!!

#5 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:53 AM

ash_cfc, on Jul 18 2005, 12:51 PM, said:

If it is true, Then well done Roy, If its not then cut the My mate told me, the cat whisperd to my sister who told me etc!!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, dont forget this has been going on all summer, yet non of them have actually happened.

#6 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:55 AM

just seen a Hungarian centre half on trial with Wolves
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   cfcfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

SpireiteDan, on Jul 18 2005, 11:53 AM, said:

LOL, dont forget this has been going on all summer, yet non of them have actually happened.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually got told about the player released by arsenal before they even mentioned what club he had been released from (the one that went to Brentford)

#8 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

cfcfan, on Jul 18 2005, 12:56 PM, said:

I actually got told about the player released by arsenal before they even mentioned what club he had been released from (the one that went to Brentford)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Want a gold medal? Jeez!

We are getting robbed in the Transfer Market this season big time, because of how the club is, Small wages, Small budget, Small stadium, Small town, Small fanbase. We are a small club but the one thing we dont have what is small is Passion, I may get some stick for this but if we dont sign anyone from now until the 1st game then i do think we will stay up this season, We have the effort and passion in the club.

If some of these signings pull of, The trialist i mean, then this season is OUR season to push upwards and onwards towards the play offs, even promotion!

STID!!

#9 User is offline   cfcfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:07 PM

ash_cfc, on Jul 18 2005, 12:02 PM, said:

Want a gold medal? Jeez!

We are getting robbed in the Transfer Market this season big time, because of how the club is, Small wages, Small budget, Small stadium, Small town, Small fanbase. We are a small club but the one thing we dont have what is small is Passion, I may get some stick for this but if we dont sign anyone from now until the 1st game then i do think we will stay up this season, We have the effort and passion in the club.

If some of these signings pull of, The trialist i mean, then this season is OUR season to push upwards and onwards towards the play offs, even promotion!

STID!!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Roy, as a former international player, will have passion and he will know what he is doing for the club is right and that all the supporters will be backing him 100% even when we are going through a bad time

#10 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:15 PM

ash_cfc, on Jul 18 2005, 12:02 PM, said:

STID!!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing like getting carried away, eh. Why not judge our potential when watching us perform in competitive (and definitely not pre-season) games? Surely that's the only way an informed opinion can be made. Its going to be another tough season and one in which unrealistic expectations won't help the cause.

#11 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

Majorca Mac, on Jul 18 2005, 01:15 PM, said:

Nothing like getting carried away, eh. Why not judge our potential when watching us perform in competitive (and definitely not pre-season) games? Surely that's the only way an informed opinion can be made. Its going to be another tough season and one in which unrealistic expectations won't help the cause.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not be optimistic? The team as a unit is good, bolster it up with some decent signings, Why not aim above our level? Punch above our weight? We need to be positive if we are going to progress as a football club!

#12 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

Majorca Mac, on Jul 18 2005, 12:15 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ash is entitled to his opinion just the same as you are. Maybe his expectations are a little unrealistic but if we all go into the new season without optimism we may as well pack in before we start.

#13 User is offline   Hong Kong Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:21 PM

[quote name='cfcfan' date='Jul 18 2005, 12:48 PM']
[quote name='ash_cfc' date='Jul 18 2005, 11:46 AM']
[right]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right]
[/quote

[right]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right]
[/quote]

I know someone who works at the club too and they said that Roy keeps his cards very close to his chest when it comes to new signings and trialists so most of the rumours that stat 'My mate knows someone who works at the club who says......' are usually bull!!!

#14 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:24 PM

spireloz, on Jul 18 2005, 01:20 PM, said:

Ash is entitled to his opinion just the same as you are. Maybe his expectations are a little unrealistic but if we all go into the new season without optimism we may as well pack in before we start.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Loz, Maybe i am being unrealistic, but if i sit here and say "Nah, no signings, no optimism from me, Were going to be relegated" We may aswell just stay at home on matchdays. To progress as a Club we need to have that positivity that we CAN do well

#15 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:34 PM

ash_cfc, on Jul 18 2005, 12:24 PM, said:

Thank you Loz, Maybe i am being unrealistic, but if i sit here and say "Nah, no signings, no optimism from me, Were going to be relegated" We may aswell just stay at home on matchdays. To progress as a Club we need to have that positivity that we CAN do well
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did say maybe you are being a 'little' unrealistic Ash! Besides, optimistic people are much more fun to be with. After two minutes talking to a doom and gloom merchant who have no sense of humour it's enough to put you in deep depression and reach for the Prozac lol.

#16 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:31 PM

spireloz, on Jul 18 2005, 12:20 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Loz, How is it in the land of milk and honey? :lol:

I'm all for a bit of optimism, but I fear there's a feeling of inevitability among some fans that we'll improve from last season's relative comfort. That's by no means a foregone conclusion, particularly as we've lost arguably our best player and the nearest thing we possessed to an inspirational leader.

This coming season will be extremely challenging, and I believe we still need two or three signings to keep things on an even keel, let alone push for promotion. The last thing the management team needs is grief from a section of the fans if we start slowly, and appraching the coming months with heads in the clouds will only make that even more likely.

Rest assured I'm as excited as the next man (or woman) and will love the buzz of anticipation driving up Slack Hill tonight. But that's the nearest I'll be getting to having my head in the clouds!

#17 User is offline   Robinio 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:cba to type

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:37 PM

Majorca Mac, on Jul 18 2005, 02:31 PM, said:

Hello Loz, How is it in the land of milk and honey?  ;)

I'm all for a bit of optimism, but I fear there's a feeling of inevitability among some fans that we'll improve from last season's relative comfort. That's by no means a foregone conclusion, particularly as we've lost arguably our best player and the nearest thing we possessed to an inspirational leader.

This coming season will be extremely challenging, and I believe we still need two or three signings to keep things on an even keel, let alone push for promotion. The last thing the management team needs is grief from a section of the fans if we start slowly, and appraching the coming months with heads in the clouds will only make that even more likely.

Rest assured I'm as excited as the next man (or woman) and will love the buzz of anticipation driving up Slack Hill tonight. But that's the nearest I'll be getting to having my head in the clouds!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya should say land of kebabs and beer lol

www.myspace.com/educatables

#18 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

no1spireite, on Jul 18 2005, 03:37 PM, said:

ya should say land of kebabs and beer lol
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't get that? ;)