• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Replica Shirts ...or lack of

#1 User is offline   ESI 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:26 AM

Just had a message via someone else from the club. Apparently the club wont be stocking anymore replica shirts this season other than those on sale in the shop now (which are either small or XXL+). Just thinking with christmas around the corner and the usual 'demand' for jerseys its a bit rubbish that I cant buy one for a christmas present for someone who isn't XXL. Any thoughts?

#2 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:31 AM

You'd like to think they would have the club shop stocked up at this time of year. I've been waiting for them to get the home and pink shirts back in stock, looks like I might be waiting a while!!

On a side note - I bought one of the quarter zip training tops for 5 aside/running etc and it's really smart, very impressed.

#3 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:33 AM

View Posteast-stand-is, on 08 December 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

Just had a message via someone else from the club. Apparently the club wont be stocking anymore replica shirts this season other than those on sale in the shop now (which are either small or XXL+). Just thinking with christmas around the corner and the usual 'demand' for jerseys its a bit rubbish that I cant buy one for a christmas present for someone who isn't XXL. Any thoughts?

The Stock in the shop (or lack of) will be based on AC's projected sales figures and not expectant of the increased demand from thr Trust takeover.

It'll be far too late to get any more in before Xmas (indeed delivery would probabaly be feb/march for any new stock ordered now).

Isn't the deal with 'Puma' up this season anyway, so maybe the club intend on clearing the decks ready for any such new deal.

#4 User is offline   ESI 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:35 AM

View PostCFC91, on 08 December 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

You'd like to think they would have the club shop stocked up at this time of year. I've been waiting for them to get the home and pink shirts back in stock, looks like I might be waiting a while!!

On a side note - I bought one of the quarter zip training tops for 5 aside/running etc and it's really smart, very impressed.

From how I understand it we'll be waiting forever. Bit rubbish imo.

I did get last seasons training jumper, equally impressed.

#5 User is offline   Tonycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Booze, Football, Booze

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:41 AM

I have bought my twin lads a Chesterfield kit each every year since being born (and saved them). Went to purchase 3/4 year old one, but the club will only stock 5-6 years old this year (plus no home shirts in November). Very disappointed, i'm not spending £40 on something they cant fit in for 2 more years.

It's a fine line between profit and loss, part of me likes that they are being careful etc but it's going to be disappointing for my lads.

This post has been edited by Tonycfc: 08 December 2020 - 11:45 AM

We are all off to the B2NET

#6 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:11 PM

I suspect this is something the Trust wont be able to have done much about since coming in, the kit deal was always Carsons thing and he will have signed a deal and made an order and getting some more wont be the easiest job in the world especially in quick time to get them made and shipped over. To be honest if the existing deal is up then i'm fine with the Trust not getting tied into buying more, probably on the basis of a minimum order number which they may have issues shifting and we'll just see out this season and go with a new one for next year starting fresh.

After this year you would think signing up for a new deal for kits etc wont be a difficult job as numerous manufacturers will be desperate for orders etc.

I'm very keen to get my 3yr old little girl a shirt as currently she's only been kitted out in Sunderland stuff and wanted to get her a town shirt this year but she's in the middle no mans land of ages for the shirt. Hopefully something that will be rectified by the Trust with any new agreement.

This post has been edited by JonB: 08 December 2020 - 12:13 PM

#7 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:12 PM

View PostTonycfc, on 08 December 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

I have bought my twin lads a Chesterfield kit each every year since being born (and saved them). Went to purchase 3/4 year old one, but the club will only stock 5-6 years old this year (plus no home shirts in November). Very disappointed, i'm not spending £40 on something they cant fit in for 2 more years.

It's a fine line between profit and loss, part of me likes that they are being careful etc but it's going to be disappointing for my lads.

Another decision taken by the previous regime.

I'm sure the new ones have big plans for the all the non-football 'value add' areas of the club.

#8 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:14 PM

Any idea if the deal with Puma is up this season?
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#9 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:16 PM

Gutted - really fancied the White away shirt.

#10 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:20 PM

View PostJonB, on 08 December 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

I suspect this is something the Trust wont be able to have done much about since coming in, the kit deal was always Carsons thing and he will have signed a deal and made an order and getting some more wont be the easiest job in the world especially in quick time to get them made and shipped over. To be honest if the existing deal is up then i'm fine with the Trust not getting tied into buying more, probably on the basis of a minimum order number which they may have issues shifting and we'll just see out this season and go with a new one for next year starting fresh.

After this year you would think signing up for a new deal for kits etc wont be a difficult job as numerous manufacturers will be desperate for orders etc.

I'm very keen to get my 3yr old little girl a shirt as currently she's only been kitted out in Sunderland stuff and wanted to get her a town shirt this year but she's in the middle no mans land of ages for the shirt. Hopefully something that will be rectified by the Trust with any new agreement.

Agree on baby kits! So annoying.

My lad is 6 months old and last season managed to get 3-6 month and 12-18m full baby kits discounted at the end of the season.
Wanted to get this seasons too in 6-12m but was told we weren't doing them which is a shame. Was a lack of anything baby related to be honest, baby grows, towels, teddy bear etc which I would have bought if they had them.

#11 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:37 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 08 December 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

Any idea if the deal with Puma is up this season?

Last quote i'd found was from 2014 where we'd extended our 'long term deal' so no timescale or end date communicated.

As as the Official Site has had a makeover, all the news archives are gone (maybe on purpose?)

#12 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:59 PM

By the time we have had our Xmas Pud and all the trimmings over the Festive period - we might fit into the XXL nicely
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#13 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 02:43 PM

View PostLondonBlue, on 08 December 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

Proudly wearing mine today pool side in Tenerife

#14 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:01 PM

View PostHoneyTrippa, on 08 December 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

By the time we have had our Xmas Pud and all the trimmings over the Festive period - we might fit into the XXL nicely

Unless you already have that size :)
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#15 User is offline   Tonycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 05:34 PM

View PostLondonBlue, on 08 December 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

I hope they have a white and green away shirt next season as its by far my favourite design/ colour

#16 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 08 December 2020 - 05:36 PM

View PostTonycfc, on 08 December 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

I hope they have a white and green away shirt next season as its by far my favourite design/ colour

Agreed

#17 User is offline   Tonycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2020 - 05:37 PM

View PostCFC91, on 08 December 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

Agree on baby kits! So annoying.

My lad is 6 months old and last season managed to get 3-6 month and 12-18m full baby kits discounted at the end of the season.
Wanted to get this seasons too in 6-12m but was told we weren't doing them which is a shame. Was a lack of anything baby related to be honest, baby grows, towels, teddy bear etc which I would have bought if they had them.

I don't understand that, as you would have thought the baby stuff sells well. Sounds like previous lot just run the club shop down.

#18 User is online   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 07:14 PM

I'm after a XL away shirt, but alas no joy, our lass emailed the club only for them to reply that there will be no more coming, can't blame the club tbh, they've probs been left with a bill to pay there, or an outstanding debt? and thats one of the reasons we can't get fresh stock, or wrong kit just didn't order enuff in the 1st place??

I just hope with the trust now looking like turning things round, they sort us a proper nice home and away kit next season, ... I'll deffo have both if they do
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#19 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 08:38 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 08 December 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

I'm after a XL away shirt, but alas no joy, our lass emailed the club only for them to reply that there will be no more coming, can't blame the club tbh, they've probs been left with a bill to pay there, or an outstanding debt? and thats one of the reasons we can't get fresh stock, or wrong kit just didn't order enuff in the 1st place??

I just hope with the trust now looking like turning things round, they sort us a proper nice home and away kit next season, ... I'll deffo have both if they do

There is probably half a chance they let us vote on them and actually go with the one that wins....

#20 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:27 PM

I blame all these new B****Y players.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users