• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taylor V Persoon

#1 User is offline   Markham94Cfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:28 PM

Anyone watch this tonight, best fight of the night. Is it just me who feels Persoon has been hard done by yet again?
Class on Grass

#2 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:30 PM

Markham94Cfc, on 22 August 2020 - 11:28 PM, said:

Anyone watch this tonight, best fight of the night. Is it just me who feels Persoon has been hard done by yet again?

Taylor won maybe the first three rounds after that it was one way traffic, bar the 9th. For me she won by at least two rounds, I'm amazed how well they took the decision!
But Dillian Whyte...wow..never saw that coming, but I guess neither did he!
East stand second class citizen.

#3 User is offline   Markham94Cfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2020 - 02:07 PM

Agree with that, that 93-98 score was ridiculous. I fancied Povetkin to win, should have stuck my money on it
Class on Grass

#4 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:31 PM

Markham94Cfc, on 23 August 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

Agree with that, that 93-98 score was ridiculous. I fancied Povetkin to win, should have stuck my money on it

I didn't give Poverkin a chance tbh, I've never thought Whyte was in the World Champion class but was more than able to handle himself against an aging Poverkin. I'd take Whyte to win the rematch quite easily tbh, I think it was just a case of the classic sucker punch.
East stand second class citizen.

#5 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:56 AM

Mr Mercury, on 23 August 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

I didn't give Poverkin a chance tbh, I've never thought Whyte was in the World Champion class but was more than able to handle himself against an aging Poverkin. I'd take Whyte to win the rematch quite easily tbh, I think it was just a case of the classic sucker punch.

I agree. Think Whyte would win that fight in the 5th round 9 times out 10 but he's been caught by an absolute monster from Povetkin. Find it a bit weird how there was only a rematch clause if Whyte lost though..certainly says a lot about the direction Hearn & co are heading in regards to Whyte, Joshua and Fury.

#6 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2020 - 11:31 AM

Markham94Cfc, on 22 August 2020 - 11:28 PM, said:

Just watched this fight on youtube. I gave the first round to Taylor and the rest to Persoon eventhough per punch accuracy was poor. Boxing promoters win again protecting their fighters.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users