• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

You've Taken The Soul Out Of It, Out Of Me

#21 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:55 AM

I totally understand why so many have lost all enthusiasm and I think that's down to a whole host of factors, with not just the club but the game itself doing nothing to engage with the everyday fan.
However, what we, as Town fans, are most concerned with is what has gone wrong at our own club.
Ever since DA arrived there has been a constant message of 'look what he's done for you little people and your little club' and in return DA has expected those same little people to doff their caps in respect and accept what he does (and how he does it) as 'something you crettins wouldn't understand'.
Now it is well documented that he has put alot of money into the club, to see it through difficult times, but whilst we can all be grateful for that continued investment we are also entitled to question why that investment was ever necessary. Unfortunately, for someone as stubborn as DA, the fact that the fans, quite rightly, ask questions rather than doff their caps and fawn over his benevolence like latter day Uriah Heeps is seen as some sort of peasants revolt.
If, as I believe, this whole farce is being played out for the benefit of DA and DA only, then it is going to be very difficult to get the fans back onside. As it stands, the fanbase is presently divided between those seeing through this Night of the Long Letter Openers and those who still believe that DA has genuinely walked and we are sailing a course to oblivion. Whatever the outcome, any remaining respect for DA will be gone forever as the fans realise that the club we love is nothing more than a toy to be kicked around and tossed aside whenever and however the (former) chairman's mood takes him.

#22 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:10 AM

dim view, on 20 November 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

I hope you are not going to rely on your golfing ability to get you through.

To be blunt, our Directors have just walked into this without understanding and mitigating the risks to their money. They've been on holiday for 5 years.

True, although the thing with golf it's nobody's fault but mine when I play poorly. And it's easy to budget for.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users