Bob's Board: Mulled Over Saunders Post Match Interview.... - Bob's Board

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mulled Over Saunders Post Match Interview....

#101 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:25 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 11 October 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

every club picks a bad manager from time to time but its not worth wanting them out the club

well if you only interview the first muppet thru the door , saying he was the right man for the job , how does da know if he is or isnt , no one else got a look in , turned out a yes man

#102 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

[quote name='MDCCCLXVI' timestamp='1444594645' post='1152244']
Steve.

It's true that Dave Allen has been terrific for Chesterfield FC. His investment provided the stadium, facilities, players and managers that delivered league titles, Wembley visits, play offs and some of the best football ever witnessed from a Town side. I'm grateful for that as I believe are most other Town fans.

However he's also made mistakes.

The debt has risen every year since our first at the new place and all because of decisions he's taken, losses suffered on his watch. The four year deal for Sheridan with no failure clauses; standing by that manager when he was taking us down; the costs of replacing him and his staff; the supposedly unforeseen bills regarding the ground fit-out; the million quid in the red despite the JPT, promotion and summer gigs. Sure he's put money in to underwrite all that but it was his fault.

Then there're the player sales.

Now if you can't join the dots between the Chairman's constant narrative about paying down the debt, Paul Cook's dissatisfaction over the budget, what Phil Tooley tried to tell us towards the end last season, what Cook's said in the interview reproduced elsewhere on here, Allen's irritation over supposedly unsustainable crowd levels, the losses in the official accounts, the CEO and a friendly journalist effectively touting players and then those players being sold, well, that's your choice. And are you seriously saying someone as strong minded, perhaps stubborn as DA couldn't insist players fulfil their contracts if he wanted them to? That he'd allow anyone to do anything against his will? That's certainly not the Dave Allen I know, the bloke so pugnacious at Hillsborough and since. Sure football's increasingly weighted towards players these days but we wouldn't be the first club to hold them to the deals they signed.

Saunders? Again you're entitled to your opinion, however 'not far off'? The only thing he's 'not far off' is being the worst Town manager in living memory. Sooner or later even Allen will realise that and axe him, thereby negating much of the debt reduction achieved this summer.

Finally I hope you'll note I've posted in a reasonable and civilised manner. No tired old taunts about 'so called fans', accusations of substance abuse or other name calling. Please reciprocate.

Cheers, Chris.
[/quoteyes chris , but be honest where have you seen in sheffield pigeons with gold cages , and gold rings on there feet

#103 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:48 PM

According to Deano a team is only as good as its strikers ....

#104 User is offline   semi130497 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 10 October 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

And come to conclusion that we have a dick in charge!!! "it could take 3 years to get this right!"
Does this clown actually know what's he's said???...3 years!?,at ******** cost??? Shrinking attendances, lower quality players, relegation!!?? What does he actually imply???
I'm sooo glad he is filling the fans with confidence & positivity during a really bad run.

Well I'm done....i can think of better things to do on my Saturdays now.

Saunders is really confusing me its one thing one minute and another the next.

after a half decent reserve game recently "he had learnt" that some of the young players were good enough for the bench. Then after the rochdale surrender "he has learnt" that some aren't really as good as they think they are after all :wacko:

after the blackpool defeat he said we are only losing narrowly, we have confidence players who play proper football so not much too worry about ... Then 3 games later (and 1 of them was actually a win!) it could all take 3 years to put this right!

Am I unfairly paraphrasing him? tell me please

I didn't like the look of this appointment from the start but our board has got most of the appointments right so was prepared to wait. I think he has lost the fans now and should go asap

This post has been edited by semi130497: 12 October 2015 - 08:29 AM

Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive

#105 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

I didn't like the look of this appointment from the start but our board has got most of the appointments right so was prepared to wait. I think he has lost the fans now and should go asap
[/quote]

Don't think he has lost the fans based on Saturdays reaction. Clapped off at half time and no booing or negative chanting at the end as far as I could tell.

Another 3 defeats then maybe....

#106 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

View Postmattthespireite, on 11 October 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

has and as

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#107 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:55 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 11 October 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

I do agree things aren't going well and mistakes have been made but some on here call for the board to go is ridicules. any business man is not going to hold players to contracts and throw away 3 to 4 mill in fees that could bring in players or pay off debt, well what would you do in that position if it was your money. paul cook was trying to leave last September . and saunders I was with giving him a chance till his interview yesterday now I hope he goes asap

It's ridicules innit peeps

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users