• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Darts

#1 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

Is this becoming the best spectator sport going.....beer fuelled fans singing their heads off atm....brilliant. ...I've got to add a night to the bucket list.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#2 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

it is good, been a few times, can't see anything other than the big screens but atmosphere is good. Off to Leeds for the Premier League too.

#3 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

Despite ending up with some tickets for Sheffield next time around i cant say i'm keen on the way the PDC stuff has gone in the last few years with big arenas etc. Barely see anything and half the crowd appear to have no interest in whats actually happening on stage. Been to the Lakeside a few times for the BDO world championships and its a great laugh. The standard of darts isnt anywhere close but the way the players mingle with the crowd, the venue etc all make it a great laugh.

We're also heading over to Doncaster on Friday for some darts...although not sure what the tournament is. Apparently we've paid for some VIP thing so we've got a table near the front for a group of us and get to meet some of the players. Should be a laugh!

#4 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostJonB, on 17 November 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Despite ending up with some tickets for Sheffield next time around i cant say i'm keen on the way the PDC stuff has gone in the last few years with big arenas etc. Barely see anything and half the crowd appear to have no interest in whats actually happening on stage. Been to the Lakeside a few times for the BDO world championships and its a great laugh. The standard of darts isnt anywhere close but the way the players mingle with the crowd, the venue etc all make it a great laugh.

We're also heading over to Doncaster on Friday for some darts...although not sure what the tournament is. Apparently we've paid for some VIP thing so we've got a table near the front for a group of us and get to meet some of the players. Should be a laugh!

you can go to Doncaster mate, the rest of us will be in Barnsley

And it is an exhibition night put on by Dean Winstanley so called 'Over The Top'

Features Adrian Lewis, Michael Van Gerwen and some other top players

plus Bobby George

Should be a decent night out

#5 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostCartman, on 17 November 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

you can go to Doncaster mate, the rest of us will be in Barnsley

And it is an exhibition night put on by Dean Winstanley so called 'Over The Top'

Features Adrian Lewis, Michael Van Gerwen and some other top players

plus Bobby George

Should be a decent night out

Doncaster...Barnsley....all the same Sth Yorkshire muck! ;) Almost like going home for you!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users