• You cannot reply to this topic

John-Joe O'toole Agent Jim

#21 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostCrooked_Spireite, on 07 June 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

@AgentJim_: Being told that John-Joe O'Toole is close to signing for Chesterfield.

He normally gets one right per season, out of about a thousand guesses :lol:

#22 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostGoku, on 07 June 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Would not be a good signing. Would be a really poor signing. Rovers fans didn't even rate him and he bagged frequently from midfield so what does that say about the rest of his game?

Would be very disappointed if this was true.

mmm not sure. Obviously talented especially for this level. Speaks his mind and but doesnt come over as a team player. Some fans on their forum are positive, some are negative because he is leaving and some have no time for him. I think he will be difficult manage and fit into a team ethic. However if Cook can do a Clough (Brian) on him and get him to tow the line I think he has the potential to be a decent player. He would not come here to just make up the numbers and be used as cover. From my initial instinct I think he might be give cause for concern and be a disruption at times. Be ready for a few toys being chucked out of his pram.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#23 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 07 June 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

mmm not sure. Obviously talented especially for this level. Speaks his mind and but doesnt come over as a team player. Some fans on their forum are positive, some are negative because he is leaving and some have no time for him. I think he will be difficult manage and fit into a team ethic. However if Cook can do a Clough (Brian) on him and get him to tow the line I think he has the potential to be a decent player. He would not come here to just make up the numbers and be used as cover. From my initial instinct I think he might be give cause for concern and be a disruption at times. Be ready for a few toys being chucked out of his pram.

Don't worry Daniel Jones will sort him out....

#24 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 07 June 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

The injuries to Lee and Lester were far more prominent in our demise that season than not replacing Davies. We do need a striker. Everyone knows that. As to whether he will be proven at this level is doubtful in my view. Everyone else in the division needs this sort of player but the reality is there aren't many of them out there and there are many clubs with bigger resources than us that will bag them.
Two questions. Where is the money coming from? Who is available and likely to be affordable? Oh, I'll add a third. Would you say Banks and Gardner were brought in 'on the cheap' then?

We can't afford to cut PC's throat, the Board need to invest in him otherwise we'll end up with a repeat of the 2011/12 season and what followed.

If it's a choice of allocating £250K to pay up management staff or to ensure the current Manager is successful, then it's the latter for me, all day long. I like Corr at Southend and I hear Huddersfield would look to do a deal with Stead, but players like that don't sign for £2K a week.

As for Banks & Gardner, of course they came here on the cheap, but that can only go on for so long, PC has already acknoweldged that by offering both players new and improved terms.

#25 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

View Postborn in 1866, on 07 June 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

I've just read through seven pages of the Gas Forum and it's not that they didn't rate his ability. It seems to be an attitude problem they didn't like, he was on record saying he was too good for the club and players etc. And the fans thought he was lazy.

http://z13.invisionf...?showtopic=2178

Do not want do not want!

#26 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 07 June 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

We can't afford to cut PC's throat, the Board need to invest in him otherwise we'll end up with a repeat of the 2011/12 season and what followed.

If it's a choice of allocating £250K to pay up management staff or to ensure the current Manager is successful, then it's the latter for me, all day long. I like Corr at Southend and I hear Huddersfield would look to do a deal with Stead, but players like that don't sign for £2K a week.

As for Banks & Gardner, of course they came here on the cheap, but that can only go on for so long, PC has already acknoweldged that by offering both players new and improved terms.

Easy to spend someone else's money isn't it? Corr wouldn't be close to the sort of proven league one striker you allude to and Stead is past it.

My point regarding Banks and Gardner is that players of the required quality don't have to cost the earth. A big spend doesn't guarantee success hence Mr Richards departure to Sixfields.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#27 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostGoku, on 07 June 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Do not want do not want!

I think ability wise he would be a good signing, but, ability wise, so was Mark Randall.

My Jury is out.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#28 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

A bit underwhelmed by this! I feel we have better already in the club. A Gregory or Derbyshire type player would have got us all buzzin, but there is time yet!!

#29 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

View Postborn in 1866, on 07 June 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

I think ability wise he would be a good signing, but, ability wise, so was Mark Randall.

My Jury is out.

Mark Randall was not a League Two team of the year player.

#30 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 07 June 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

The injuries to Lee and Lester were far more prominent in our demise that season than not replacing Davies. We do need a striker. Everyone knows that. As to whether he will be proven at this level is doubtful in my view. Everyone else in the division needs this sort of player but the reality is there aren't many of them out there and there are many clubs with bigger resources than us that will bag them.
Two questions. Where is the money coming from? Who is available and likely to be affordable? Oh, I'll add a third. Would you say Banks and Gardner were brought in 'on the cheap' then?

cooks job to find them as for were the money is coming from extra 250k tv money an etra 1000 on gate money and the 40 quid every ones season ticket went up

#31 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 07 June 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Easy to spend someone else's money isn't it? Corr wouldn't be close to the sort of proven league one striker you allude to and Stead is past it.

My point regarding Banks and Gardner is that players of the required quality don't have to cost the earth. A big spend doesn't guarantee success hence Mr Richards departure to Sixfields.

For me, it makes sense to back a manager who's just got us promoted. Strangling him will just about guarantee that he'll struggle. If you want a repeat of 2011/12 coupled with the dismissals that's up to you, it certainly wouldn't be my way of thinking.

Have you got any thoughts on the names that Cook should be signing?

#32 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 07 June 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

I did hear a whisper that we had made enquires about Corr
A new hope.

#33 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 07 June 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

cooks job to find them as for were the money is coming from extra 250k tv money an etra 1000 on gate money and the 40 quid every ones season ticket went up

Yeah and I'm confident Cook will unlike land rover or whatever his name is....
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#34 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 07 June 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

For me, it makes sense to back a manager who's just got us promoted. Strangling him will just about guarantee that he'll struggle. If you want a repeat of 2011/12 coupled with the dismissals that's up to you, it certainly wouldn't be my way of thinking.

Have you got any thoughts on the names that Cook should be signing?

He needs to have a sensible budget based on our ability to adequately fund it. You make me laugh somehow assuming the money will just be there. We will have a bigger budget but it will be low In relation to the other teams in the division hence it will be difficult to attract the type of player you want.
Cook has been backed all the way since he's been here as was Sheridan before him. It's how you spend it that matters.
I haven't any definite thoughts actually as at this stage it's a lottery of speculation. I'll happily leave itto the manager who hasn't done bad so far with his recruitment.

#35 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostGoku, on 07 June 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Would not be a good signing. Would be a really poor signing. Rovers fans didn't even rate him and he bagged frequently from midfield so what does that say about the rest of his game?

Would be very disappointed if this was true.

rovers fans will be very bitter due to going out the league take what they say with a pinch of salt,his stats read well.Anyway ,anybody think dan gardner could be given a go of playing the frontman,id say although he has nothing that says he can do it,he plays like it would suit him?

This post has been edited by bonnyman: 07 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#36 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 07 June 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

rovers fans will be very bitter due to going out the league take what they say with a pinch of salt,his stats read well.Anyway ,anybody think dan gardner could be given a go of playing the frontman,id say although he has nothing that says he can do it,he plays like it would suit him?

They were saying this about him before they were relegated on TFF. He wouldn't suit us one bit - we need hard working players. Look at our squad - you won't see one with an "attitude problem" among them. More of the same, please. You can't have a fancy dan can't be bothered type in centre mid.

#37 User is offline   EIEIEIO 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Blue Army
    Family
    PS3

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 07 June 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

I've been thinking this about gardner, even more so when we get connected with other midfielders.

#38 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostCrooked_Spireite, on 07 June 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

@AgentJim_: Being told that John-Joe O'Toole is close to signing for Chesterfield.

I was told the same by a Scunny fan at our place the other day - apparently they were in for him too.

I'm not overly fussed either way tbh. His performance for Rovers at the Proact certainly didn't make any impression on me, but the way we play leaves a certain reliance on goalscoring midfielders and he certainly seems to be one.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#39 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Bristol Rovers fans have seen him more than me and they weren't exactly glowing in their reports of him. That's not to say he couldn't be good for us but I don't see us as being in a position to gamble. There's no such thing as a dead cert of course but he seems a long way from one.

#40 User is offline   BurySpireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:House, CFC & Reddit.

Newcastle based doc

RIP Bury FC + Barry Chuckle

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

His twitter makes for very interesting reading. Some brizzle fans saying he's their hero, some telling him to **** off. Very mixed views but I don't think there's anyone who doubts his ability, just people who think he didn't want to be there.
I just don't know what I'm supposed to be

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users