• You cannot reply to this topic

Leon Knight Signed for Rushden & Diamonds

#1 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

Wycombe are laughing at the wasted money spent on Knight by Rushden and I am glad that he's come nowhere near Saltergate. Here are some quotes made by him that are hilarious, this in an interview he had whilst at Brighton.

"I've always been small, but nothing bad has ever come of it," he said. "I was top dog in my school and I didn't get bullied once. I was the one probably doing the bullying.

"I have always had great belief in my own ability, even from primary school. You can ask anyone, I'm never negative.

He then goes on to say,

"I wasn't keen on school. I don't agree with my attitude towards it, but that was just the way I was.

"I just wanted to do other things, play football, meet girls and all that. I wasn't really interested in books.

Adding,

"I spend all my money on cars, clothes and jewellery. I've got a Range Rover on the way. I'm like a little kid, I like toys.

"When you come from where I've come from you don't have that sort of stuff.

"When you can afford to buy them you love it, you're like a little kid in a candy store. That is a good feeling."

He seems very self motivated to me, more interested in how he looks and how he is portrayed rather than how he does for his teams.

QUOTE - "He signed for Brighton from Chelsea for £100,000 in August 2003, the London club keen to jettison the talented 5ft 5in, nine-and-a-half-stone front man for disciplinary reasons"

Then he had his problems with McGhee as you know, then Jackett at Swansea added.

"To get out of this division we need to work, scrap and battle through," Jackett told BBC Sport Wales.

"I think that Leon could have worked harder. There's no single incident, but it's best for Leon and the club that we let him go.

"It's disappointing because he's a tremendously talented player with an outstanding goal-scoring record."

Then onto MK Dons, let go to Wycombe and his well documented problems there, it seems the only places he ever settled where Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday on loan, everywhere else he has caused problems, what is wrong with him, 10 clubs at the age of 25!? Crazy.
@MancSpireites

#2 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

D Loizou, on Aug 27 2008, 12:27 PM, said:

Wycombe are laughing at the wasted money spent on Knight by Rushden and I am glad that he's come nowhere near Saltergate. Here are some quotes made by him that are hilarious, this in an interview he had whilst at Brighton.

"I've always been small, but nothing bad has ever come of it," he said. "I was top dog in my school and I didn't get bullied once. I was the one probably doing the bullying.

"I have always had great belief in my own ability, even from primary school. You can ask anyone, I'm never negative.

He then goes on to say,

"I wasn't keen on school. I don't agree with my attitude towards it, but that was just the way I was.

"I just wanted to do other things, play football, meet girls and all that. I wasn't really interested in books.

Adding,

"I spend all my money on cars, clothes and jewellery. I've got a Range Rover on the way. I'm like a little kid, I like toys.

"When you can afford to buy them you love it, you're like a little kid in a candy store. That is a good feeling."

He seems very self motivated to me, more interested in how he looks and how he is portrayed rather than how he does for his teams.

QUOTE - "He signed for Brighton from Chelsea for £100,000 in August 2003, the London club keen to jettison the talented 5ft 5in, nine-and-a-half-stone front man for disciplinary reasons"

Then he had his problems with McGhee as you know, then Jackett at Swansea added.

"To get out of this division we need to work, scrap and battle through," Jackett told BBC Sport Wales.

"I think that Leon could have worked harder. There's no single incident, but it's best for Leon and the club that we let him go.

"It's disappointing because he's a tremendously talented player with an outstanding goal-scoring record."

Then onto MK Dons, let go to Wycombe and his well documented problems there, it seems the only places he ever settled where Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday on loan, everywhere else he has caused problems, what is wrong with him, 10 clubs at the age of 25!? Crazy.

HE IS DUKE MCKENZIES NEPHEW,PROBABLY THOUGHT HE WAS A BIT OF A BOY,HE IS GARBAGE AND A WASTE OF SPACE
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#3 User is online   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:06 PM

D Loizou, on Aug 27 2008, 12:27 PM, said:

He then goes on to say,

Adding,

Wycombe paid him up a settlement on the remaining year on his contract so they'll hardly be laughing!

Seem to remember him having some fall outs at Shef Wed while he was there on loan too.

Must be happy to keep swapping clubs, picking up signing on fees.

Always seemed to score against us though...............

#4 User is offline   Sin 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

he sounds like a lovely chap

#5 User is offline   Gary the Snail 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Just goes to show, you can be the most talented player but the right application and attitude is needed. His career seems to be nicely plummeting down the leagues!

What does this suggest about Nathan Abbey who's had about three hundred clubs since leaving us.......

#6 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:53 AM

Gary the Snail, on Aug 28 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

Just goes to show, you can be the most talented player but the right application and attitude is needed. His career seems to be nicely plummeting down the leagues!

What does this suggest about Nathan Abbey who's had about three hundred clubs since leaving us.......

That he would rather sit on the bench than work in tesco
A new hope.

#7 User is offline   Sin 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

death, on Aug 29 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

That he would rather sit on the bench than work in tesco

seems fair enough to me! bet his wages are better anyway, and there is always that small chance of getting a game...

#8 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

Sammy Spireite, on Aug 27 2008, 01:06 PM, said:

Wycombe paid him up a settlement on the remaining year on his contract so they'll hardly be laughing!

Seem to remember him having some fall outs at Shef Wed while he was there on loan too.

Must be happy to keep swapping clubs, picking up signing on fees.

Always seemed to score against us though...............

Think you might have it there. He is in it purely for the money by the sound of things
Bring Sakashvili to justice

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users