• You cannot reply to this topic

Thanks Rico

#1 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

A big thank you Rico from all the moaners, you have sadly once again proved us right. You obviously have not learnt the lessons from last season. You are a clueless second rate manager who has gone as far as it is possible for you to go. You lose a striker and it's plain you have no confidence in the young striker you have signed, so why sign him at all? I realise it's only the first competitive game I have seen but on todays game nothing has changed.

You got a lot of praise for the signing you have made and time may prove this praise is merited, so lets look.

Harsley - What did he do today? What does he offer to the team that Nivan doesn't ?
Goodall - I see potential in this player
Page - Did OK but thats all but at times looked awful
Austin - Slow, immobile and far too old, saw nothing in him at all today that makes me think he was worth signing
Kerry - Far too small for this type of football especially as a midfielder
Lea - Did nothing wrong today but looks too small for a keeper
Boden - Obviously Rico doesn't think he's up to the job, which makes you wonder why he signed him.
Currie - OK in patches but didn't look at all interested to me

On this game I can't see anything that makes me think that this team is any better than last season, just smaller in numbers

Then you come to Rico. I'm sorry but he has proved IMO that we are going nowhere whilst he is at the helm, tactically he is inept, little signs of any motivation and he seems unable to make any signings that stand out, Lester being the exception.

Sellars - Why is he here? Poor second in command, I noticed that today he stayed sat down until the 80 minute.

I hope the investor if there really is one comes in soon and has the bottle and money to do what Hubbard refuses to do and that is clear out the management and appoint someone with the skills that Rico / Sellars are sadly lacking
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2 User is offline   kevspireites 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

i'll second that spot on m8
my opinion is always right. But then so is yours. Guess that's opinions

#3 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 16 2008, 06:18 PM, said:

A big thank you Rico from all the moaners, you have sadly once again proved us right. You obviously have not learnt the lessons from last season. You are a clueless second rate manager who has gone as far as it is possible for you to go. You lose a striker and it's plain you have no confidence in the young striker you have signed, so why sign him at all? I realise it's only the first competitive game I have seen but on todays game nothing has changed.

You got a lot of praise for the signing you have made and time may prove this praise is merited, so lets look.

Harsley - What did he do today? What does he offer to the team that Nivan doesn't ?
Goodall - I see potential in this player
Page - Did OK but thats all but at times looked awful
Austin - Slow, immobile and far too old, saw nothing in him at all today that makes me think he was worth signing
Kerry - Far too small for this type of football especially as a midfielder
Lea - Did nothing wrong today but looks too small for a keeper
Boden - Obviously Rico doesn't think he's up to the job, which makes you wonder why he signed him.
Currie - OK in patches but didn't look at all interested to me

On this game I can't see anything that makes me think that this team is any better than last season, just smaller in numbers

Then you come to Rico. I'm sorry but he has proved IMO that we are going nowhere whilst he is at the helm, tactically he is inept, little signs of any motivation and he seems unable to make any signings that stand out, Lester being the exception.

Sellars - Why is he here? Poor second in command, I noticed that today he stayed sat down until the 80 minute.

I hope the investor if there really is one comes in soon and has the bottle and money to do what Hubbard refuses to do and that is clear out the management and appoint someone with the skills that Rico / Sellars are sadly lacking

if that was the first match id seen this season, id totally agree
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Aug 16 2008, 06:24 PM, said:

So where have I gone wrong in my appraisal?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#5 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 16 2008, 06:26 PM, said:

So where have I gone wrong in my appraisal?

you havent..based on this game, youre bang on.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Aug 16 2008, 06:27 PM, said:

You want to be careful thats twice you have agreed with me and in the same week :lol:
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#7 User is offline   alho 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

The sad thing is that where i stand on the Kop there were several old faces that i havent seen for two seasons,who had obviously turned out to see what to expect this season ,unfortunatley they had disappered before 80mins had gone ,i guess it may be another couple of seasons before i see them again if at all
Smelling like a brewery,looking like a tramp

#8 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

View Postmarlons curtains, on Aug 16 2008, 06:27 PM, said:

Are Richardson and Sellars the Max and Paddy version of football management?

Hoare (400)

#9 User is offline   Scampi 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

Today was rubbish, looked a completely different team to the one who played at Barnet and Preston.

#10 User is offline   crookedspireite79 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

our defence looked to slow and immobile and after lester went off we continued to pump long balls up to ward why? just the same as last season,

#11 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

View Postcrookedspireite79, on Aug 16 2008, 06:38 PM, said:

our defence looked to slow and immobile and after lester went off we continued to pump long balls up to ward why? just the same as last season,

What amazes me is that with Rico still here a lot of posters on here really believed that he had learnt his lesson and that things would change
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#12 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

Yes it was totally awful and I can't see us being that bad again all season that's how bad it was but.....

It was only one game.
It was always going to be a pressure game against Knill's Bury (not the first game at home Rico would have hoped for) as fans cling to knill to have a pop at Rico.
We have played in two league games, won one, lost one for 3 against 3 goal difference 0 - so after two games we are bang mid table (I would have thought)
Ask yourselfs how come we can play well away from Saltergate - Barnet and Championship side Preston? Could it be because you can smell the bad atmosphere at home?? I certainly could even before they scored; you just knew the crowd were going to turn the minute they scored? This shouldn't be how Saltergate or for that fact ANY football ground in the world after just TWO games and we eaisly won the first :lol:

So all in all it's just one game and there's no wonder we don't play at home is there? How the f*@k can we play any sort of football with supporters like ours??? And that's not in ANY way defending that performance - the performance simply CAN NOT be defended in any way shape or form, it was that bad!

For ucks sake, let the league settle down (around 15-20 games) and lets judge then, surely this would be what's called a NORMAL thing to do?
#notapennymore

#13 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:41 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 16 2008, 06:29 PM, said:

You want to be careful thats twice you have agreed with me and in the same week :lol:

nice to know youre counting......
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   stevebea 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

Ricos team Ricos tactics and guess what Knill knew it all.

#15 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on Aug 16 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

Ask yourselfs how come we can play well away from Saltergate - Barnet and Championship side Preston? Could it be because you can smell the bad atmosphere at home?? I certainly could even before they scored; you just knew the crowd were going to turn the minute they scored? This shouldn't be how Saltergate or for that fact ANY football ground in the world after just TWO games and we eaisly won the first :lol:

I don't think the crowd really had time to create a bad atmosphere. The team seemed to ensure that the crowd would be angered with such an inept display.
If only....

#16 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on Aug 16 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

Yes it was totally awful and I can't see us being that bad again all season that's how bad it was but.....

It was only one game.
It was always going to be a pressure game against Knill's Bury (not the first game at home Rico would have hoped for) as fans cling to knill to have a pop at Rico.
We have played in two league games, won one, lost one for 3 against 3 goal difference 0 - so after two games we are bang mid table (I would have thought)
Ask yourselfs how come we can play well away from Saltergate - Barnet and Championship side Preston? Could it be because you can smell the bad atmosphere at home?? I certainly could even before they scored; you just knew the crowd were going to turn the minute they scored? This shouldn't be how Saltergate or for that fact ANY football ground in the world after just TWO games and we eaisly won the first :wacko:

So all in all it's just one game and there's no wonder we don't play at home is there? How the f*@k can we play any sort of football with supporters like ours??? And that's not in ANY way defending that performance - the performance simply CAN NOT be defended in any way shape or form, it was that bad!

For ucks sake, let the league settle down (around 15-20 games) and lets judge then, surely this would be what's called a NORMAL thing to do?

The fnas have lost faith in Rico, not just on this one game or even a few games but over the past season and beyond, the rubbish we have paid good money to watch has proven to many he simply is not up to the job. Why do you think the crowds are continuing to drop? Do you think it's becuase we play good or just average football? No it's becuase we are playing awful football at home. The Hubbard must see that Rico is the main reason why the crowds are dropping, it's a pity he is too stubborn and weak to do anything about it. So stop blaming the fans who continue to waste thier hard earnt money on this dross
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#17 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

Barnet had a lot of chances towards the end of that game, far more than they should have. It was far from the cakewalk some would have you believe. Watch the extended highlights if you can.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#18 User is offline   kevspireites 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

i do not understand how anyone can think it will change with rico at the helm same shocking tactics as last year it didn't work then and wont this year

again RICO OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my opinion is always right. But then so is yours. Guess that's opinions

#19 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

View Postkevspireites, on Aug 16 2008, 06:52 PM, said:

i do not understand how anyone can think it will change with rico at the helm same shocking tactics as last year it didn't work then and wont this year

again RICO OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful what you say on here. We all know that as long as the Hubbard is here Rico will never be sacked. Hubbard will never accept that he has made a mistake his ego wouldn't allow it
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#20 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Interests:beer

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

Did you notice he was sat near the PA box first half?
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users