• You cannot reply to this topic

Law on the move again

#21 User is offline   Saltergate81 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

View PostSaltergate Stu, on Mar 3 2008, 08:26 PM, said:

Looks like someone isn't happy at Barnstoneworth. The Park Avenue message board contains this, which appears to come from the chairman,no less:
:D

Sounds like an illegal approach to me, pity Law can't get done too for going along with it.

#22 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

View PostSaltergate81, on Mar 3 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

Sounds like an illegal approach to me, pity Law can't get done too for going along with it.

Maybe that was the "other deal" between Law and Alfreton, Bradford can have Law if Alfreton get £100k
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#23 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

And this is the bloke some on here would have back has our manager.......Never in a million years me thinks!!

Mr Mercury
East stand second class citizen.

#24 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

:D Alfreton Chairman says Law is contracted to His club. BPA Chairman understands Law is a free agent.
Law absent from Alfretons match on Saturday but attends BPA's game. I guess he will be at BPA this week, or out on the dole.
Many a good tune

#25 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on Mar 4 2008, 12:54 PM, said:

And this is the bloke some on here would have back has our manager.......Never in a million years me thinks!!

Mr Mercury

Excellent player. Wonder if he'd have been the same manger for us if he didn't have pretend money to spend on brilliant players, i doubt it. Can't really compare Rico and Law as managers as if Rico would have been able to bring in more players like Lester we'd be a lot better off.

If he was as good at managing as people think he is why is he in non league.

#26 User is online   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Mar 4 2008, 04:24 PM, said:

Excellent player. Wonder if he'd have been the same manger for us if he didn't have pretend money to spend on brilliant players, i doubt it. Can't really compare Rico and Law as managers as if Rico would have been able to bring in more players like Lester we'd be a lot better off.

If he was as good at managing as people think he is why is he in non league.

You couldnt make it up could you!?

On the other hand if hubbard is as good a chairman as he thinks he is, why are we in division 4?

Hoare (400)

#27 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

I doubt Hubbard thinks he's that good as chairman, have you heard his interviews. He does his best, but he's not amazing. At least he comminicates with the fans a lot more than Norts ever did though, not perfect by a long stretch, but no one else was prepared to do the job.

#28 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Mar 4 2008, 04:32 PM, said:

You couldnt make it up could you!?

On the other hand if hubbard is as good a chairman as he thinks he is, why are we in division 4?

Hoare (400)

I've never heard Hubbard say how good or bad a chairman he thinks he is - can you provide us with the quotes?
Posted Image

#29 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on Mar 4 2008, 04:12 PM, said:

:D Alfreton Chairman says Law is contracted to His club. BPA Chairman understands Law is a free agent.
Law absent from Alfretons match on Saturday but attends BPA's game. I guess he will be at BPA this week, or out on the dole.

He'll not be at BPA. The compo sounds like a real cock & bull story if ever there was one!

The PR to come out of Alfreton is also very strange. If we're to believe the rumour, Nick has been on his 'last life' for most of his time at Alfreton, so you'd think Bradley would want shut.

Still £100K in compo is quite attractive to all, all except for BPA!

#30 User is online   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Mar 4 2008, 04:35 PM, said:

I doubt Hubbard thinks he's that good as chairman, have you heard his interviews. He does his best, but he's not amazing. At least he comminicates with the fans a lot more than Norts ever did though, not perfect by a long stretch, but no one else was prepared to do the job.

For years we were told, know one wanted to buy us, then all of a sudden theres 2 or 3 investors intrested! Now either someone is telling porkies or just bulling.

Or it could always just be coincidence!

Hoare (400)

#31 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Mar 4 2008, 04:39 PM, said:

For years we were told, know one wanted to buy us, then all of a sudden theres 2 or 3 investors intrested! Now either someone is telling porkies or just bulling.

Hoare (400)

The interest just happens to coincide with the sale of Saltergate (£££££ :D ) and the construction of a new facility at Dema.

#32 User is online   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Mar 4 2008, 04:42 PM, said:

The interest just happens to coincide with the sale of Saltergate (£££££ :D ) and the construction of a new facility at Dema.

Back to the Law subject. He will always be tarnished with a bad name after what wenrt on here, and all future chairman know the fa will watch them and him like hawks as long as he is at there respective clubs! Something that a lot of chairman could do without!

Hoare (400)

#33 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Mar 4 2008, 04:39 PM, said:

Hoare (400)

:D Where were all these other investors when we were crying out for investment after the Brown era?

One of the proposed investors just happens to be a friend of Hubbards who is going to be without a footy club in the not too distant future, as for the other two i don't know who they are, but there's hardly a mass of rich businessmen in this area, not who are interested in CFC anyway. That's how it's always been, the 2 or 3 that are interested "all of a sudden" are only willing to come on board providing we get a new stadium, funny that.

#34 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Mar 4 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

He'll not be at BPA. The compo sounds like a real cock & bull story if ever there was one!

The PR to come out of Alfreton is also very strange. If we're to believe the rumour, Nick has been on his 'last life' for most of his time at Alfreton, so you'd think Bradley would want shut.

Still £100K in compo is quite attractive to all, all except for BPA!

As you say, the compo figure is just plucked out of thin air. BPA's chairman seems like a match made in heaven for Law's managerial approach. No-one at Alfreton can be surprised - they might have noticed the manner in which he dropped Buxton like a hot brick when Alfreton themselves came calling, and expected the same to happen at any time from the day he started at North Street. It appears that the manager has lost interest in the Alfreton job and, since it seems that BPA don't want him now, either, I'm a little surprised that Bradley hasn't given him the push for some sort of misconduct / breach of contract (if indeed there is one / are some.)
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Saltergate81 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

View PostSaltergate Stu, on Mar 4 2008, 07:47 PM, said:

As you say, the compo figure is just plucked out of thin air. BPA's chairman seems like a match made in heaven for Law's managerial approach. No-one at Alfreton can be surprised - they might have noticed the manner in which he dropped Buxton like a hot brick when Alfreton themselves came calling, and expected the same to happen at any time from the day he started at North Street. It appears that the manager has lost interest in the Alfreton job and, since it seems that BPA don't want him now, either, I'm a little surprised that Bradley hasn't given him the push for some sort of misconduct / breach of contract (if indeed there is one / are some.)

I'm wondering if the Alf's have tried to save face a bit by scuppering the move to BPA, who themselves have been lucky to escape the Lawless one. It's going to be a difficult next couple of matches for him, especially as they may have to face his previous club Buxton in the Senior Cup soon too. I'm sure they can't wait to see him again and console him in his current plight.

Hopefully some other mug club will now come and pay some compensation to get his undoubted managerial skills (Are Mansfield after a new manager yet?). This may sound unlikely but remember Tamworth actually paid to take Gary Mills off the Alf's hands, ha ha there was some celebrating in Alfreton that night.

#36 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

Latest from Bradley:-

Bradley

#37 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Mar 3 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

Avenue unveil new stadium plan
By Jo Winrow

Avenue chief executive Bob Blackburn with the plans for the ground at Phoenix Park behind him
After days of secrecy the location of Bradford Park Avenue football club's new home has been revealed as Phoenix Park in Thornbury.

The 36-acre site is currently a golf course and leisure complex and has been up for sale for a price tag of £1 million.

It was announced on Friday that chief executive Bob Blackburn had agreed terms on the site and wants to create a 20,000 seat stadium as well as sporting facilities for the community. The stadium would be covered on all four sides with safe terracing behind both goals and include a conference centre, meeting suites and corporate boxes, allowing it to be hired out for concerts and events.

The rest of the site would be given over to indoor and outdoor Astroturf pitches, five-a-side pitches, tennis, as well as indoor and outdoor cricket pitches.

Mr Blackburn is to consult architects next week over the design and wants to incorporate solar power into the development. He hopes detailed plans will be ready to submit to Leeds Council planners - as the site is just the other side of the Bradford/Leeds authority border - within three months.

He told the Telegraph & Argus: "It is proposed to put a super stadium on the site with sporting facilities for the community, including outdoor and indoor training pitches and to create a home for our many academy teams and ladies team to train. We also want to create outside and indoor 3G pitches, cricket facilities and to put something back into my community - and of course a home for Bradford Park Avenue.

"A 20,000 seat stadium would also enable the team to grow into the football league. We are not letting the grass grow under our feet with this one."

He said his company Kelvic Holdings, which has bought the site, is also to fund the building of the stadium, although he is hoping to tap into some Government funding and receive help from the Football Foundation.

Bradford Park Avenue has made their home at Horsfall Stadium since they won promotion to the UniBond League more than a decade ago.

And until the announcement this week they were part of plans to create a sports village at Odsal being masterminded by Bradford Council, which owns the Horsfall site.

The Council's executive member for regeneration Councillor Andrew Mallinson said he was surprised by the turn of events.

He said: "A decision had been taken to change the content of Odsal Sports Village which would see the Bradford Bulls and Bradford Park Avenue sharing the same stadium. We had drawn up plans with the architects to add extra changing rooms and reconfigure the stands.

"Obviously Bradford Park Avenue have been running a different set of plans and we haven't been kept informed. They could have indicated they were pursuing other avenues."

He said he was "miffed" by the revelations, but the sports village would still go ahead without the football club on board.

Mr Blackburn responded by saying: "I am a doer and they have been talking about the project at Odsal for 20 years. That is a non-starter before it's got off the ground. We hope to have our stadium completed in two years."

The news comes in a week that has also seen the shock dismissal of Bradford Park Avenue manager Benny Phillips.

A new hope.

#38 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Mar 5 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

Latest from Bradley:-

Bradley

What a plonker... I cant see how he stays personally.
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Mar 3 2008, 07:36 PM, said:

The ambition is commendable but the capacity of the stadium is strange as Bradford cant sustain 2 teams of sizeable support imo and its hard to envisage Bradford PA taking a large chunk off City's fan base.
I saw Town town play at Bradford PA, their ground was next to a cricket stadium if memory serves

It was a double sided main stand, cricket one side, footy the other for cricket.

http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?clie...p;multimap.y=52

Look at the photo, the cricket ground is below, and the footy ground above with the site of the old main stand in between. Built by Lietc, the same fella who did fulham saltergate amongst others. Half the pitch and home kop (tree covered) is left, the other half is now the cricket acamy building(blue roof.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drapesy/14647...in/photostream/

http://cricketarchiv...s/13/13093.html
A new hope.

#40 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

Further Comment by Wayne Bradley on Law

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/local/Bra...w39s.3846939.jp

Sorry the link option doesn't work so just cut and paste if you can be bothered.

Intereresting that Bradley in effect calls his manager "stupid" in different words.....maybe if had read stories of Mr Law at previous clubs then he may have given him the boot there and then.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users