Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Vote With Our Feet - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vote With Our Feet

#61 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

View Postazul, on 26 November 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

I wish these dickless wonders would just not turn up, rather than telling us about it

It is almost like a fashion statement

HaHa!

Personally I find nothing more symbolic of having no cojones than someone who constantly defers to massa.

#62 User is offline   Itchwagon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:47 PM

azul, on 26 November 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

I wish these dickless wonders would just not turn up, rather than telling us about it

Dear Azul, just to let you know that one of these season ticket "wonders" has not been since losing to Burton-now a season ticket at Leicester Tigers, where watching sport has again become a pleasurable thing to do, I'm the paying public who will choose to spend his money where he wants, not in your eyes some stupid fashion statement!

#63 User is offline   renton laidlaw 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostItchwagon, on 26 November 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Dear Azul, just to let you know that one of these season ticket "wonders" has not been since losing to Burton-now a season ticket at Leicester Tigers, where watching sport has again become a pleasurable thing to do, I'm the paying public who will choose to spend his money where he wants, not in your eyes some stupid fashion statement!

Hold on a minute can you drop your trousers first.We need to see if you are allowed to have an option

#64 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

That's the pants on head protest

#65 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:00 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 November 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd just love it if the club gave out a voucher, just in case by some miracle we get through to the third round and draw a cracker

Like, Man City? And, get totally annihilated...... I like your thinking

#66 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:17 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 26 November 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

But how else would a club see that the product on the pitch was substandard if not by supporters not coming?
As for patience, DS has apparently the best budget ever by any CFC manager. Why should fans be patient, why shouldnt they expect good football if this be the case?
IMO Morsy will go in Jan, several of the playing staff don't have the best injury records and the conditions are starting to get more challenging. We are in a mess

da has six mill ridding on it if he can show patience us chucking in a few hundred should be able to

#67 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:18 PM

I went to watch Leicester Tigers the other week. I quite enjoyed it but I wouldn't want to make it too much of a habit, especially at the prices they charge (though I admit it didn't cost me a bean, with a 'free' bar too)

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 26 November 2015 - 10:30 PM

#68 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

Awaits azuls response.............no wait...don't bother...get on with your life's 👍

#69 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

Just go about your business. I don't have an issue with anyone not wanting to go and see Chesterfield. I'm really am struggling for enthusiasm over Saturday game. I just don't start threads urging people to do/think the same as me.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#70 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:24 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 November 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd just love it if the club gave out a voucher, just in case by some miracle we get through to the third round and draw a cracker

Now that would be really funny and give them priority

Just imagine the bleating from some on here

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 26 November 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

Two season ticket holders here won't be buying tickets.

Good for you Mr Bean

View PostSpire-ite, on 26 November 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

Awaits azuls response.............no wait...don't bother...get on with your life's ��

What kind of response were you hoping for, before you decided not to wait?

This post has been edited by azul: 27 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

#71 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:57 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 November 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

Nowadays nearly every team has a lot lower crowd for the early round cup games than they do for league games, so it won't all be down to the Saunders factor

This one could be really special given the number season ticket holders not taking their tickets. There must be 5000+ tickets still to be sold in the home end

I was thinking about moving seat for this game but the major consolation for me is that the 3 people behind me haven't taken up their options of their seat

Result, no queue for my pie, no queue for my pint and no whining behind me. Might even try for another pint at HT so everything has a silver lining

#72 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

View Postbrianclose, on 26 November 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Its an unbudgeted-for bonus for Uncle Dave though, so he cant lose.

Unless they were all on 50k bonuses for reaching the 2nd round....

Costs quite a whack to open the ground for the day. I'd imagine a sub 4k crowd (which it could be with a rubbish result Saturday) would mean a loss in money
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#73 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

sherbet fountain said:

1448562081[/url]' post='1163619']
Well that's about 10 not going. The gate will be well down!

I m taking one extra lolMy neighbour born in Walsall never been to proact

#74 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

tomjoad said:

1448566377[/url]' post='1163643']
The season after Cox? from some of the best performances ever to the shambles that went on for years afterwards.
Not excusing what I'm seeing just having a point of view. People don't want to go? no problem. Those that do don't need patronising.
Also in the unlikely event of a third round FA cup tie at home to premiership opposition, will there be the usual outpouring of "I cant get a ticket" from long standing stay a ways? Just a thought...

Yep IF we win IF we draw top Premiership side at home lol

#75 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

renton laidlaw said:

1448570752[/url]' post='1163668']
I'm sorry to hear about your mate I hope he makes a full recovery,but you say yourself you meet up have a laugh have a good chat and then go to the game for the high spirits to continue.Fully endorse that brilliant. But the fun stops as soon as you walk through them turnstiles at the moment and when you sometimes pay for three adults it ain't cheap.Dave Allen made his money in the entertainment business,at this moment there's not much of that going off.If his hare got court on the first bend at owlerton he would replace it. If his roulette wheels started to pay out on a certain number everytime he would replace it.So what makes football any different.He knows whatever happens there will be fans turning up because they love the club. Finally the worse thing about all this he was within touching distance of fulfilling his 5 year plan. How sad for all of us

Yes 5 year plan nearly there ,we aught to have built on that not decimate the side

#76 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:21 AM

View Postazul, on 27 November 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

This one could be really special given the number season ticket holders not taking their tickets. There must be 5000+ tickets still to be sold in the home end

I was thinking about moving seat for this game but the major consolation for me is that the 3 people behind me haven't taken up their options of their seat

Result, no queue for my pie, no queue for my pint and no whining behind me. Might even try for another pint at HT so everything has a silver lining

10 of us season ticket holders have also decided to vote with our feet and won't be taking our seats either!

We will be sat in the corporate hospitality wineing and dining instead. They might be c.r.a.p at the minute but I'm with you they are my team and I will support them whatever!

PS: Looking forward to seeing Walton in there too! Apparently he really loves a good wine....

This post has been edited by Middle East: 27 November 2015 - 08:41 AM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#77 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:40 AM

View Postazul, on 27 November 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

Do you fall into your own "dickless wonders" catagory telling us all about you going and what you are going to do, instead of just getting on with it?

#78 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostSpire-ite, on 27 November 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

Do you fall into your own "dickless wonders" catagory telling us all about you going and what you are going to do, instead of just getting on with it?

Please accept my humble apologies. This use of this term has clearly upset you.

#79 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 26 November 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

da has six mill ridding on it if he can show patience us chucking in a few hundred should be able to

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow the connection. It's like saying 'the owner of the local chippy produces terrible food, but he's put a lot of time and money into it so we'd better keep buying the stuff until he gets it right'

DA is a 'seller' - he has a product he wants people to buy. The fans are 'buyers', they expect a return for the money they are shelling out. Considerable sums, as it happens - match days are not cheap for 2/3 people going in a family group, for example.

It is encumbant on the club to turn out a product that justifies the ticket prices, irrespective of results. Everyone accepts that we won't play well every game, and there will be periods of poor form. However, steady progress, good signings and at least periods of good football are surely a pre-requisite, even if the results don't go our way.

Appointing an unpopular manager and the, quite frankly, startling regression on the pitch is not a good way to get more supporters through the gates. I fully support anyone who wishes to withdraw support, just as I fully support anyone who wishes to continue to attend.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#80 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 27 November 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow the connection. It's like saying 'the owner of the local chippy produces terrible food, but he's put a lot of time and money into it so we'd better keep buying the stuff until he gets it right'

DA is a 'seller' - he has a product he wants people to buy. The fans are 'buyers', they expect a return for the money they are shelling out. Considerable sums, as it happens - match days are not cheap for 2/3 people going in a family group, for example.

It is encumbant on the club to turn out a product that justifies the ticket prices, irrespective of results. Everyone accepts that we won't play well every game, and there will be periods of poor form. However, steady progress, good signings and at least periods of good football are surely a pre-requisite, even if the results don't go our way.

Appointing an unpopular manager and the, quite frankly, startling regression on the pitch is not a good way to get more supporters through the gates. I fully support anyone who wishes to withdraw support, just as I fully support anyone who wishes to continue to attend.

Folk do what they want of course, they can make a passive protest by staying away from home matches but there's nothing to stop them making their feelings known vocally, such as a Saunders Out chant, a demo in the car park or a banner (if they are allowed into the stadium). Nobody complained at the agm, clearly a lot of sabre rattling from behind a keyboard, but nothing in yer face so to speak. As for me, looking forward to the game tomorrow in good company with drinks before the game, Bud and steak pie at HT, drinks after the game and maybe a moan, there's always something to talk about. It's a social event which I enjoy. Even if the match is a write off it's not the only reason I go and I'll be back for more of the same.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users