Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Yeovil Score Predictions - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yeovil Score Predictions

#1 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:59 AM

Well I would happily take a draw today to stop the rot. I am going for 1 - 1.

#2 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:02 AM

We're going to break the bad run with a 3-1 win
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#3 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

A win today. A few weeks ago we were talking of playoffs and a team that was playing the best football seen for years. Then suddenly everything goes the opposite and everything CFC is useless. My slant on it is that it is the same team that played so well before and that it will return. The one thing that is needed is SUPPORT! and not criticism, especially of Paul Cook. Personally I think most people have done well in supporting the team and can see the overall picture.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#4 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 01 November 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

A win today. A few weeks ago we were talking of playoffs and a team that was playing the best football seen for years. Then suddenly everything goes the opposite and everything CFC is useless. My slant on it is that it is the same team that played so well before and that it will return. The one thing that is needed is SUPPORT! and not criticism, especially of Paul Cook. Personally I think most people have done well in supporting the team and can see the overall picture.

Can you explain the overall picture.

#5 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 01 November 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

its not the same team though is it. Our best attacking midfielder and biggest supply for Doyle - Johnson, has not been included, unbelievably. And a quality midfield duo of Morsey and Ryan has been split up.... Which is criminal. These two areas were our strongest areas of the team neither seem to be existant anymore so the current side is definitely not the same side that was doing so well
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#6 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

My "Overall picture"
We have a good manager that is working with a tight budget relative to where we are at. Some people said we were/are relegation material.
The team has performed well until recently and even then no one has battered us. Swindon definitely were the best team so far in my opinion and deserved to win. We have more sellable players than ever before.
The behind the scenes stuff has gradually improved e.g.physio,youth,etc. I have not been to that many away trips but we are streets ahead of most in the way of comfort, facilities, environment around the ground e.g.shops pubs, food outlets etc.
We have just got promoted so things will be tight regarding results finance etc.
The general atmosphere around the place is good.
Our away support is very good and better than most in our division.
We are improving as a club steadily. There have been blips but generally we are moving in the right direction.
I have probably missed other positives but I just think people should take us for where we are at and what we are rather than expecting us to win every game and have players that never make mistakes and poor performances.
All I can say to finish is for supporters to remember where we were at a few years ago.

#7 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

View Postkh83, on 01 November 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

its not the same team though is it. Our best attacking midfielder and biggest supply for Doyle - Johnson, has not been included, unbelievably. And a quality midfield duo of Morsey and Ryan has been split up.... Which is criminal. These two areas were our strongest areas of the team neither seem to be existant anymore so the current side is definitely not the same side that was doing so well

I agree but I heard Johnson had a slight knock when he didnt play. Paul Cook is trying to change things as most managers do and obviously it as not worked. This is football :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by longeatonspireite: 01 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

#8 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

I see the overall picture in a positive light like yourself but the overall picture looking Rosie doesn't prevent the disappointment of seeing a team look like world beaters turned into a team that looks like relegation candidates in the space of a couple of games on the back of some major and horrific changes by our manager
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#9 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

View Postkh83, on 01 November 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I see the overall picture in a positive light like yourself but the overall picture looking Rosie doesn't prevent the disappointment of seeing a team look like world beaters turned into a team that looks like relegation candidates in the space of a couple of games on the back of some major and horrific changes by our manager

Hindsight as they say is a wonderful thing. I wonder what people would have said if he had not "tinkered". He will be the first to admit it has not worked.

#10 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 01 November 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Hindsight as they say is a wonderful thing. I wonder what people would have said if he had not "tinkered". He will be the first to admit it has not worked.

Well let's hope he does admit it has not worked.We'll find out today with his team selection .

#11 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

View Postkh83, on 01 November 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I think his skill as a manager gave him the insight to spot that we wern't actually playing like 'world beaters' before the average fan did.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#12 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 01 November 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Well I would happily take a draw today to stop the rot. I am going for 1 - 1.

If we even considered being happy with a home draw against a rock bottom team the outlook for the season would be dire. Back to our 'normal' style with Ryan and Morsy in their correct places, and we MUST get the 3 points today.

#13 User is online   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

If we lose today then it really is time to start panicking

However, we should win
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#14 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 01 November 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

If we lose today then it really is time to start panicking

However, we should win

Our abject performance in the week won't have gone un-noticed by an experienced opposing manager who'll have a plan in place to exploit the glaring weaknesses. 1-3 I'm afraid. Not sure where our 1's coming from though...
We're on our way

#15 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

If we win today, could Yeovil manager be in line for the sack?
Have passport will travel

#16 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:15 PM

CFC 3-4 Yeovil

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic