• You cannot reply to this topic

Today

#21 User is offline   Aspire_webby 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

View PostJonno, on Oct 11 2008, 05:53 PM, said:

I'm not pro-Rico by a long way but don't think that the performance today was THAT bad. We must've had about 60-70% possession and we had enough chances to score 4 or 5 on another day. They had one decent chance (which was, again, poor defending on our part) and scored from it.

We looked much better with Page and Downes at the back, and I thought Kerry was class when he came on aswell, he's got rate vision. I'd probly stick him and Boden (who looks better every game) in CM against Lincoln.

Currie still looks off the pace - the problem we've got is that we don't have proper 'wingers' - players who will come and get the ball, and take it up the line i.e JCR or Brandon. As a result we keep bangin the long ball up. Thought big Val looked handy again, maybe he should get more of a run out against Lincoln.

Wardy played well again to say he didnt have much service.

Overall, an half decent performance. Not makin excuses but youve got to remember that after snatchin the early-ish goal they were quite happy to sit back and take that result, as shown when they subbed their second forward off for a holding midfielder early in the second half.

A bad start to the season but the 'Rico Out' chants durin the game don't help. Use your brains for gods sake.

I'd give him til the end of October.

(prepares for onslaught)

We were awful. As for Richardson, he managed to maintain his average of a point a game in 2008 and the signs are there that he will continue that to the end of the year and beyond if given the chance:

Defence - we fell to a straightforward sucker punch again from a free kick taken from a very defendable position. Not only did we fail to defend it - the referee gave us a dress rehearsal when he demanded the kick be retaken and we learned absolutely nothing from that.

Midfield: what the hell is going on? Richardson has absolutely no idea what central midfield pairing to depend on and no-one is gettign the chance to settle into the role. Today he replaces and shuffles the entire midfield in the second half.

Boden - out of his depth and should not have started - quite right to replace him but he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place

Niven: what on earth had he done wrong to get shifted out to the right where he is uncomfortable to say the least. As it happened he did OK and played a part in the equaliser but that was luck rather than inspired management.

Robertson: Again, what had he done wrong to get subbed - the problem was Currie and Roberson appeared to be chosen to carry the can

Winter: looks the part at time but in and out of the side like a yo-yo

Kerry - until today Richardson's automatic choice in midfield bu relegated to the bench

Harsley - who?????

When Richardson picks central midfielders to take up 3 of the 5 subs places its safe to say he has no idea what midfield to pick - and it shows. He made 3 personnel changes in midfield and 2 positional changes. I don't know what he's up to and neither can the players.

Forwards: Richardsons only successful run came with Flethcer in the team (paired with a pacy wide man) One left in December 07 and the other in May 08 - neither have been replaced. It is Very significant. Ward's endeavour is making up a little for the unbalanced (and unsupported) forward line but it does not look like a potent force at the moment

What I do see on the pitch is able individuals who if properly motivated and organised should achieve success in this division (with a couple of additions to the squad) What I see is them underachieving game after game. Richardson has to take responsibility.

This post has been edited by Aspire_webby: 11 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

#22 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

View PostAspire_webby, on Oct 11 2008, 11:09 PM, said:

We were awful. As for Richardson, he managed to maintain his average of a point a game in 2008 and the signs are there that he will continue that to the end of the year and beyond if given the chance:

Defence - we fell to a straightforward sucker punch again from a free kick taken from a very defendable position. Not only did we fail to defend it - the referee gave us a dress rehearsal when he demanded the kick be retaken and we learned absolutely nothing from that.

Midfield: what the hell is going on? Richardson has absolutely no idea what central midfield pairing to depend on and no-one is gettign the chance to settle into the role. Today he replaces and shuffles the entire midfield in the second half.

Boden - out of his depth and should not have started - quite right to replace him but he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place

Niven: what on earth had he done wrong to get shifted out to the right where he is uncomfortable to say the least. As it happened he did OK and played a part in the equaliser but that was luck rather than inspired management.

Robertson: Again, what had he done wrong to get subbed - the problem was Currie and Roberson appeared to be chosen to carry the can

Winter: looks the part at time but in and out of the side like a yo-yo

Kerry - until today Richardson's automatic choice in midfield bu relegated to the bench

Harsley - who?????

When Richardson picks central midfielders to take up 3 of the 5 subs places its safe to say he has no idea what midfield to pick - and it shows. He made 3 personnel changes in midfield and 2 positional changes. I don't know what he's up to and neither can the players.

Forwards: Richardsons only successful run came with Flethcer in the team (paired with a pacy wide man) One left in December 07 and the other in May 08 - neither have been replaced. It is Very significant. Ward's endeavour is making up a little for the unbalanced (and unsupported) forward line but it does not look like a potent force at the moment

What I do see on the pitch is able individuals who if properly motivated and organised should achieve success in this division (with a couple of additions to the squad) What I see is them underachieving game after game. Richardson has to take responsibility.

What I see is a side with two excellent strikers and no supply line to them. I don't care what combination of midfielders Rico plays - I just don't think any of ours are clever enough to play the ball quickly on the ground and open up a defence. And to make a bad job worse, today he played a loan kid in central midfield who hadn't a clue and just chased the game, whilst one of his better signings, Harsley, was wasted on the bench.
He has to bring Ward and Lester into the game a lot more, and he's either got to do it by playing a target man to hold the ball up at the front or start looking for his next job, because we just are not creating enough chances.

#23 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:07 PM

View Posth again, on Oct 11 2008, 11:52 PM, said:

What I see is a side with two excellent strikers and no supply line to them. I don't care what combination of midfielders Rico plays - I just don't think any of ours are clever enough to play the ball quickly on the ground and open up a defence. And to make a bad job worse, today he played a loan kid in central midfield who hadn't a clue and just chased the game, whilst one of his better signings, Harsley, was wasted on the bench.
He has to bring Ward and Lester into the game a lot more, and he's either got to do it by playing a target man to hold the ball up at the front or start looking for his next job, because we just are not creating enough chances.

Reason for his sacking alone
East stand second class citizen.

#24 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:41 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Oct 11 2008, 06:04 PM, said:

but chester are crap and so are morecanbe possesion means nothing against rubbish,thats why half the muggs on here thought the home win against rotherham was so good,when infact rotherham failed to turn up and we were in effect 30 seconds away from a draw

Going into the game Chester had lost once in 6 games so they can't be that crap. They were at the start of the season when they conceded 11 goals in the opening 3 games but since then - since the chief appeared on the scene they've improved, but like ourselves they can't get 3 points unless they're playing barnet or grimsby.

There's only the Lincoln game last week were they've conceded more than one goal during the last 6 games too. I thought they looked a well organised side, and with the Chief's know-how they were able to make us look worse than we all were hoping for.

#25 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:49 AM

View PostBlueprint, on Oct 12 2008, 01:41 AM, said:

Going into the game Chester had lost once in 6 games so they can't be that crap. They were at the start of the season when they conceded 11 goals in the opening 3 games but since then - since the chief appeared on the scene they've improved, but like ourselves they can't get 3 points unless they're playing barnet or grimsby.

There's only the Lincoln game last week were they've conceded more than one goal during the last 6 games too. I thought they looked a well organised side, and with the Chief's know-how they were able to make us look worse than we all were hoping for.

I remember the chief away at sarrrf end a few seasons back. As a player he was constantly talkin to the players, gesturing to the keeper to slow it down, the CBs to play it wide etc, and was impressed. Really organised the side on the pitch and got us a point.

I thought though,perhaps he was too nice a guy to cut it as a manager, perhaps I was wrong.
A new hope.

#26 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:32 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on Oct 12 2008, 12:07 AM, said:

Reason for his sacking alone

#27 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

View Postdeath, on Oct 12 2008, 05:49 AM, said:

I remember the chief away at sarrrf end a few seasons back. As a player he was constantly talkin to the players, gesturing to the keeper to slow it down, the CBs to play it wide etc, and was impressed. Really organised the side on the pitch and got us a point.

I thought though,perhaps he was too nice a guy to cut it as a manager, perhaps I was wrong.

You don't need to be mean to manage. He commands players' respect.
@MancSpireites

#28 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

Just throwing a thought into the discussion here, but does anyone think there's a possibility The Chief was overlooked for a management position at Town because LR was afraid he'd be eclipsed?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#29 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 12 2008, 03:46 PM, said:

Just throwing a thought into the discussion here, but does anyone think there's a possibility The Chief was overlooked for a management position at Town because LR was afraid he'd be eclipsed?

Equally, is it possible Rico brough Sellars in because Rico knew he wouldn't be eclipsed?
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#30 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

View PostD Loizou, on Oct 12 2008, 09:34 AM, said:

You don't need to be mean to manage. He commands players' respect.

True, when I said nice, perhaps I should have said is he ruthless enough.
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users