• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rob Staton

#1 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:24 PM

Not only is he a fat head but he barely disguises his complete lack of interest in Chesterfield. I bet he wishes we weren't in their region.
Both Adam Oxley and Andy Giddings have been to town games over the last couple of seasons - not very often admittedly - but as far as I am aware Staton has never seen us. When he was whinging about not seeing any local wins in the first few weeks of the season I thought why doesn't he go and see Chesterfield? Radio Sheffield's coverage of us on Saturday was almost non existent. Even Paul Fisher wasn't there and they had some guy giving a half time report who as far as I heard didn't then give a full time report.
I listened to 1866 but I increasingly can't stomach Tooley's confusing commmentaries with his constant oohs and ahhs, 'what's going on here?' and 'I tell you what's.' It leaves me confused and unsatisfied as I think we are about to score then don't. Also they gave Oldaker the Motm which seems a strange reading of the game by other accounts.
Unfortunately as much as they marginalise us and Staton who seems to be (or thinks he is) the main man ignores us, Radio Dee Dah are far more professional.

#2 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:30 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 15 April 2024 - 05:24 PM, said:

Not only is he a fat head but he barely disguises his complete lack of interest in Chesterfield. I bet he wishes we weren't in their region.
Both Adam Oxley and Andy Giddings have been to town games over the last couple of seasons - not very often admittedly - but as far as I am aware Staton has never seen us. When he was whinging about not seeing any local wins in the first few weeks of the season I thought why doesn't he go and see Chesterfield? Radio Sheffield's coverage of us on Saturday was almost non existent. Even Paul Fisher wasn't there and they had some guy giving a half time report who as far as I heard didn't then give a full time report.
I listened to 1866 but I increasingly can't stomach Tooley's confusing commmentaries with his constant oohs and ahhs, 'what's going on here?' and 'I tell you what's.' It leaves me confused and unsatisfied as I think we are about to score then don't. Also they gave Oldaker the Motm which seems a strange reading of the game by other accounts.
Unfortunately as much as they marginalise us and Staton who seems to be (or thinks he is) the main man ignores us, Radio Dee Dah are far more professional.

Is this your application to offer your services free of charge to do commentary for a game to see you do better.
Have passport will travel

#3 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:36 PM

Don’t listen. Easy.

#4 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:41 PM

Hello,

Sorry, I was on holiday on Saturday. Tonight is our 16th live match commentary of the season and I can confirm that Andy, Rob and Adam have all been at Chesterfield matches this season.
We are also covering Saturday's game as well as Chesterfield (finally) say goodbye to the National League.

#5 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:50 PM

View PostPaul Fisher, on 15 April 2024 - 05:41 PM, said:

Hello,

Sorry, I was on holiday on Saturday. Tonight is our 16th live match commentary of the season and I can confirm that Andy, Rob and Adam have all been at Chesterfield matches this season.
We are also covering Saturday's game as well as Chesterfield (finally) say goodbye to the National League.

Ignore Zigs, everyone else does. Who was the bloke doing the post match interviews? Thought he asked some good questions. Not the sort Cook would like, but questions that they deserve to be asked..

#6 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:52 PM

View PostPaul Fisher, on 15 April 2024 - 05:41 PM, said:

Hello,

I think he was looking for an apology for you going on holiday.

#7 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:52 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 15 April 2024 - 05:50 PM, said:

Ignore Zigs, everyone else does. Who was the bloke doing the post match interviews? Thought he asked some good questions. Not the sort Cook would like, but questions that they deserve to be asked..

You don't.

#8 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:54 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 15 April 2024 - 05:52 PM, said:

You don't.

You’re a fat head

#9 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:55 PM

He was decent and had Webb and Grimes looking uncomfortable as they should after that performance.

My guess is was the DT stand in

This post has been edited by azul: 15 April 2024 - 05:56 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#10 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:58 PM

View Postazul, on 15 April 2024 - 05:55 PM, said:

He was decent and had Webb and Grimes looking uncomfortable as they should after that performance.

My guess is was the DT stand in

Yes, was impressed.

#11 User is offline   DOUGLAS JARDINE 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:55 AM

Staton covered the boreham wood game and he sounds genuinely pleased for our success

Another rambling post of non importance

#12 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:03 AM

View PostDOUGLAS JARDINE, on 16 April 2024 - 07:55 AM, said:

Staton covered the boreham wood game and he sounds genuinely pleased for our success

Think he did Football Heaven the Monday after that game hosting with Paul Fisher and they pretty much did a full hour covering what we'd done interviewing various people from the club.

#13 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:53 AM

I thought exactly the same , Webb and grimes both looked a little taken aback by the tone of them , Cooky would have definitely fallen out with him 😂

#14 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:07 AM

View PostDOUGLAS JARDINE, on 16 April 2024 - 07:55 AM, said:

Another ****** who thinks he can dictatate who is allowed to say what on the forum.

#15 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:13 AM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 15 April 2024 - 05:54 PM, said:

You’re a fat head

Oh the cutting repartee!

#16 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:30 AM

17 live commentary games this season and match reports and interviews from those they don't cover live is not a bad return for a team playing non league football.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#17 User is offline   DOUGLAS JARDINE 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:43 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 16 April 2024 - 09:07 AM, said:

Another ****** who thinks he can dictatate who is allowed to say what on the forum.

Dictating ??? I don’t think so just giving my opinion on your endless rambling

Yet another post you have started with no substance

#18 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 16 April 2024 - 10:44 AM

The problem with Rob Staton is that due to his NFL side hobby he's been invited on ESPN and various other American radio shows / podcasts as the token Brit with a funny accent the Yanks can be amused by, and now he thinks he is big time.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#19 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 11:21 AM

What gets me about Staten is that of the three of them he is always the one who seems to end up arguing with callers. Really funny when Brian the Miller upset him by labelling him an Owls fan and he cut him off. Brian who was perhaps the most prolific caller hasn’t called since. Still I suppose it makes for more interesting listening than everyone agreeing with each other all the time. Indeed we have a few Statens on here who think it clever to try and belittle other members. Water off a ducks back to me. Indeed makes me feel like posting more.

#20 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 11:56 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 16 April 2024 - 11:21 AM, said:

What gets me about Staten is that of the three of them he is always the one who seems to end up arguing with callers. Really funny when Brian the Miller upset him by labelling him an Owls fan and he cut him off. Brian who was perhaps the most prolific caller hasn’t called since. Still I suppose it makes for more interesting listening than everyone agreeing with each other all the time. Indeed we have a few Statens on here who think it clever to try and belittle other members. Water off a ducks back to me. Indeed makes me feel like posting more.

Staten?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users