Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Spireites in Exile - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spireites in Exile

#1 User is offline   gloucesterblue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

Being a Spireite living in Gloucestershire i was wondering how many other Spireites there are out there who live more than an hour or so from Town.

Who are you and where do you come from?

#2 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:18 PM

View Postgloucesterblue, on Oct 27 2006, 09:04 PM, said:

Being a Spireite living in Gloucestershire i was wondering how many other Spireites there are out there who live more than an hour or so from Town.

Hi Gloucester,

I've lived up here near Goole in East Yorkshire for about 5 years now, but am originally from Inkersall. It usually takes just over an hour to get to Town, so i guess i just about qualify!

It's a pretty lonely affair being a Spireite round here, surrounded by Donny, Hull and Leeds...
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#3 User is offline   gloucesterblue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

View PostBankrobber, on Oct 27 2006, 09:18 PM, said:

Hi Gloucester,

I've lived up here near Goole in East Yorkshire for about 5 years now, but am originally from Inkersall. It usually takes just over an hour to get to Town, so i guess i just about qualify!

It's a pretty lonely affair being a Spireite round here, surrounded by Donny, Hull and Leeds...

Hi Goole

At least you are surrounded by people who can talk about football. Every other person down here wears a Gloucester rugby top!

#4 User is offline   Wiltshire Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:29 PM

Hi Gloucesterblue

I live in Trowbridge. It takes just over 3 hours driving time plus any stops to make it to Chesterfield. Born in Mastin Moor near Staveley and later lived in Inkersall until 1971 then moved to Wiltshire. Settled now down here but could never support another team! Try and get up for as many games as I can each year. Been a bit easier lately as no longer work Saturdays! Yippee!!! :ninja:

#5 User is offline   Tonycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Booze, Football, Booze

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:10 PM

I live in Northwood, Watford its a long drive for CFC games. The worst is the midweek games with the traffic at Luton, but you cant choose who you support.
We are all off to the B2NET

#6 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:43 AM

View PostWiltshire Spireite, on Oct 27 2006, 10:29 PM, said:

Hi Gloucesterblue

I live in Trowbridge. It takes just over 3 hours driving time plus any stops to make it to Chesterfield. Born in Mastin Moor near Staveley and later lived in Inkersall until 1971 then moved to Wiltshire. Settled now down here but could never support another team! Try and get up for as many games as I can each year. Been a bit easier lately as no longer work Saturdays! Yippee!!! :ninja:

I lived in Mastin Moor from 1958 to 1980 on Hillside Drive and my dad still lives there. Did you go to Middlecroft School during the late 60's early 70's? Goody was my nickname.

#7 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

View Postforevablue, on Oct 28 2006, 01:43 AM, said:

I lived in Mastin Moor from 1958 to 1980 on Hillside Drive and my dad still lives there. Did you go to Middlecroft School during the late 60's early 70's? Goody was my nickname.

We live just outside Guildford in Chilworth, we are moving next year to Farncombe some 4 miles away.

Hoare (400)

PS I am not the only spireite in Guildford,am I paul?? In fact bumped into a youth the other day in sainsburys fom Tibshelf!!

#8 User is offline   buxton blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:09 AM

View PostHoare (400), on Oct 28 2006, 09:17 AM, said:

We live just outside Guildford in Chilworth, we are moving next year to Farncombe some 4 miles away.

Hoare (400)

PS I am not the only spireite in Guildford,am I paul?? In fact bumped into a youth the other day in sainsburys fom Tibshelf!!

i used to live in kent and for two years i drove a round trip of 500 mls to see the mighty cfc

#9 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:35 AM

for my sins a native of boza.

now live a 20 min number 5 bus from upton park.

see you all at gillingham.
A new hope.

#10 User is offline   Wiltshire Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:41 AM

View Postforevablue, on Oct 28 2006, 01:43 AM, said:

I lived in Willow Drive from 1956 to 1967 then moved to Inkersall. I went to Woodthorpe Juniors then Netherthorpe until moving down here at age 15.

#11 User is offline   spirette 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Spireite through and through

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:41 AM

My uncle, who has supported Chesterfield all his life, used to go to every match when he was younger with my grandad, now lives in America. Keeps up to date with all the news/scores via the website and ALWAYS without fail texts me after every game. He also comes to home games when he's home at Christmas.
I went out to see him in August, and I took him the new Chesterfield shirt, which he wore with pride on Tues night.

This post has been edited by spirette: 28 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

Chesterfield FC: League 2 Champions 2010-2011/2013-2014

#12 User is offline   Wiltshire Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:43 AM

View Postspirette, on Oct 28 2006, 10:41 AM, said:

My uncle, who has supported Chesterfield all his life, used to go to every match when he was younger with my grandad, now lives in America. Keeps up to date with all the news/scores via the website and ALWAYS without fail texts me after every game. He also comes to home games when he's home at Christmas.
I went out to see him in August, and I took him the new Chesterfield shirt, which he wore with pride on Tues night.

Good on him! Spireites should take over the world! I wonder if there is a Spireite in every country? Thats probably a bit too much to ask for but you never know! :ninja:

#13 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:23 AM

View PostHoare (400), on Oct 28 2006, 09:17 AM, said:

Hoare (400)

Do we know each other then? Paul.

#14 User is offline   TB.CFC 

• CFC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:25 AM

My auntie and uncle are Spireites out in Edmonton, Canada, come over to a game once a season if they can.
Town, Town will tear you apart..again!

#15 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

I'm living in Glasgow now (midway between Partick Thistle and Rangers) and managed to get a pub here to show the West Ham game on its big screen- I was the only one watching it aside from my mate from Donny who had come along for a pint.

Before that I lived in Siberia, 500km from the Chinese and Mongolian borders, for ages. I often wandered around in my Spireite shirt, fleece or hat and a few of the locals have now adopted us as their second side. They smoke a lot of 'Chesterfield' brand fags over there so they can remember and pronounce the name, no problems. I still get the odd text from Siberian friends when we've won. One of them gave me a Lokomotiv Chita scarf (the local side) and I gave him a 1995 Wembley scarf, which made him very happy.
These go to eleven.

#16 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:08 PM

View Postforevablue, on Oct 28 2006, 11:23 AM, said:

Do we know each other then? Paul.

Dont think so mate, though I do my drinking on Sydenham road, in the royal oak at the back of Sainsburys an the Kings head on Quarry street.

Hoare (400)

#17 User is offline   lubic 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Oct 28 2006, 10:17 AM, said:

PS I am not the only spireite in Guildford,am I paul??

Indeed you're not, though I don't live in any of the posh villages outside! At least I'm closer in Guildford than I was in Moscow and Paris last year.

#18 User is offline   gloucesterblue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:20 PM

It's good to know there are so many Spireites scattered over the UK/ World! I left Chesterfield when i was 18, living in Portsmouth, Australia, Swansea, Windsor, Reading and now Gloucestershire and until i got married 7 years ago used to go to around 80% of matches, home or away. I don't go to many each season now due to work/ family commitments but i will look forward to the day when i'm back in my home town.

#19 User is offline   Johnny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:44 AM

Born in Somersall and brought up on the goals of Moss and Randall - Div 4 Championship winning side of 1970.

Now living a few miles outside Worcester.

#20 User is offline   Newblue 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:23 PM

I've been working in Shanghai for the last few months with no real footy to go to. Just the usual premiership on the telly. Seems all the locals are either Man U, Chelski or Arsenal fans. I've done me best to try and convert some of the guys I've been working with. This has not been a success as they do not believe a club from the first div can beat a championship side and then two prem clubs. They think I've just made it all up to make us sound better than our league position shows.

Any way back home next week so will be able to see the FA cup game.

No slip though for the Charlton game ticket when do they go on sale to public (if any are left)

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users