• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Takeover Update BBC Radio Sheffield

#1521 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:18 PM

What did the average league home attendance end up at this season? I think latter attendance figures excluded absent ST holders. 3670 is one figure I've seen online.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 10 April 2020 - 09:21 PM

#1522 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:33 AM

moondog, on 10 April 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

FA Trophy 14/12/19 v Notts County attendance 931

Thank you 'M'.

And given this person's failure to acknowledge previously disproven accusations - I believe he's yet to account for a taunt in what should've been an unequivocal apology to 'Freelander2', too - can I ask you to push him for one now?

Thanks again.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1523 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:25 AM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 11 April 2020 - 06:33 AM, said:

Thank you 'M'.

And given this person's failure to acknowledge previously disproven accusations - I believe he's yet to account for a taunt in what should've been an unequivocal apology to 'Freelander2', too - can I ask you to push him for one now?

Thanks again.

Chris, I'm not going to be asking someone to apologise for something said I think 2/3 years ago, that's up to him.

#1524 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:47 AM

moondog, on 11 April 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

Chris, I'm not going to be asking someone to apologise for something said I think 2/3 years ago, that's up to him.

I was actually requesting an apology for his latest disproven accusation against me in light of this: http://www.thecfss.c...ic=65484&st=160

Then my 'F2' reference was because of posts #57, #67, #174, #177 and #188 on this very thread. All of which were presented in January this year.

I hoped this character had learned his lesson and/or a line had been drawn, however...

#1525 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:13 AM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 11 April 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

I was actually requesting an apology for his latest disproven accusation against me in light of this: http://www.thecfss.c...ic=65484&st=160

Then my 'F2' reference was because of posts #57, #67, #174, #177 and #188 on this very thread. All of which were presented in January this year.

I hoped this character had learned his lesson and/or a line had been drawn, however...

Okay I can't keep up, on this occasion I think you ought to concede his reaction was understandable as only one crowd (therefore not crowds) for a relatively minor cup competition, was in the hundreds and only by 69 and even though we lost it didn't reoccur.

#1526 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:30 AM

moondog, on 11 April 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

Okay I can't keep up, on this occasion I think you ought to concede his reaction was understandable as only one crowd (therefore not crowds) for a relatively minor cup competition, was in the hundreds and only by 69 and even though we lost it didn't reoccur.

Point made and accepted.

#1527 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:34 AM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 11 April 2020 - 10:30 AM, said:

Point made and accepted.

👍

#1528 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:35 PM

Newcastle being sold - is the Shining Knight and his hoards breasting the hill
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#1529 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:30 AM

German scientists warning it may not be safe for fans to attend football matches, with games played behind closed doors, in the German bundesleague for up to 18 months or a vaccine is found. If anything like that happens in the UK it will be the end for god knows how many clubs!
East stand second class citizen.

#1530 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:08 AM

Mr Mercury, on 15 April 2020 - 07:30 AM, said:

German scientists warning it may not be safe for fans to attend football matches, with games played behind closed doors, in the German bundesleague for up to 18 months or a vaccine is found. If anything like that happens in the UK it will be the end for god knows how many clubs!

It would be the end of professional football as we know it!

My feeling is we will be allowed back to games later on in the year, but likely with restrictions whatever they may be.

#1531 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:59 PM

If anyone is still in doubt that the council (or a combination of local councils) are funding The Trusts takeover, check out Alan Biggs twitter page tonight, where he says:

“ With lower league clubs on the brink, wonder if there is more mileage in the forthcoming Chesterfield “takeover” model - whereby local councils effectively pick up the shortfall. Football clubs are civic assets worth safeguarding where possible.”

#1532 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:14 AM

Sammy Spireite, on 15 April 2020 - 07:59 PM, said:

If anyone is still in doubt that the council (or a combination of local councils) are funding The Trusts takeover, check out Alan Biggs twitter page tonight, where he says:

“ With lower league clubs on the brink, wonder if there is more mileage in the forthcoming Chesterfield “takeover” model - whereby local councils effectively pick up the shortfall. Football clubs are civic assets worth safeguarding where possible.”

I do wish somebody would at the very least explain the top level strategy.

There's obviously going to be a bigger shortfall if we have a crap administration and manager. Are the local councils going to 'pick up' this shortfall whatever, or are they going to take responsibility for any shortfall by running CFC, hiring and firing?

Well probably only hear details when Marcia gets wind of them.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#1533 User is offline   Markham94Cfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:38 PM

A consortium consisting of Dennis Bergkamp, Dirk Kuyt, Henrik Larsson, Phillip Cocu and football agent Rob Jansen are looking to takeover an English club. They are apparently looking now while clubs might be cheaper due to Covid.

They’ve tried Wycombe and another unnamed club. Anyone wanna tell Ashley to get on phone to see if they’re interested.

source is The Sun. don’t be offended, just a reference. I
Class on Grass

#1534 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:11 PM

Only just up the road from Cocu

#1535 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:56 AM

dim view, on 16 April 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

I do wish somebody would at the very least explain the top level strategy.

There's obviously going to be a bigger shortfall if we have a crap administration and manager. Are the local councils going to 'pick up' this shortfall whatever, or are they going to take responsibility for any shortfall by running CFC, hiring and firing?

Well probably only hear details when Marcia gets wind of them.

Councils are millions of pounds down in council tax, business rates etc. Spending millions more on helping with issues surrounding Covid and already requesting more money from the government to survive etc. I can’t see them stumping up cash to support a football club. Wouldn’t look good going cap in hand to government at the same time it has excess money to support a football club.

#1536 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:14 AM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on 04 May 2020 - 06:56 AM, said:

Councils are millions of pounds down in council tax, business rates etc. Spending millions more on helping with issues surrounding Covid and already requesting more money from the government to survive etc. I can’t see them stumping up cash to support a football club. Wouldn’t look good going cap in hand to government at the same time it has excess money to support a football club.

I agree 100% and I would have been very surprised if the emerging take-over was ever backed by the rumoured five strong Local Authority consortium. Political dynamite springs to mind. On a point of detail, local Councils collect Business Rates but don’t keep them. The income passes straight to HM Treasury.

#1537 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:01 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 11 April 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

Well I suppose I could learn from you how to juggle figures to present a totally false picture, but I think I prefer not to.

Keep them coming though, we all need a good laugh in these hard times.

#1538 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:24 AM

h again, on 04 May 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

Well I suppose I could learn from you how to juggle figures to present a totally false picture, but I think I prefer not to.

Yes we definitely all need a laugh, and you provide ample laughs for us all. We are not laughing with you though but at you.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#1539 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 05 May 2020 - 06:09 AM

h again, on 04 May 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

Yes we definitely all need a laugh, and you provide ample laughs for us all. We are not laughing with you though but at you.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#1540 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:58 PM

plannerj, on 04 May 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

I agree 100% and I would have been very surprised if the emerging take-over was ever backed by the rumoured five strong Local Authority consortium. Political dynamite springs to mind. On a point of detail, local Councils collect Business Rates but don’t keep them. The income passes straight to HM Treasury.

I thought the council still get 50% of that collected, I must be behind the time’s

Share this topic:

• (78 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users