Bob's Board: I See People Are Still Whining About The Cost Of The Friendlies - Bob's Board

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I See People Are Still Whining About The Cost Of The Friendlies

#61 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

were they?

and even if they were they were still poorly attended

if fans want better players and the club to 'show ambition' then most of the clubs activities will need to be about 'how much money we can make'

sad truth of football these days

Back to your opening post, more CFC decided there was better things to do with their £15 than there was whining about it.

So apologies would be accepted
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#62 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

View Postazul, on 28 July 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

Back to your opening post, more CFC decided there was better things to do with their £15 than there was whining about it.

So apologies would be accepted

more CFC what?

#63 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 28 July 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

Ok

I'd hazard a guess that less than 10% of our average home crowd earn NMW.

BTW, I'm not taking sides here, just balancing your view as you seem to suggest that people on NMW were the majority of our target audience?

As someone who doesn't have to pay to get in, i couldn't care less how much friendlies cost ;-)

Does that less than 10% include under 16s? So 90% of chesterfield don't drive vans, work in retail, or in warehouses ect...?

Crikey
Here we go again!

#64 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

more CFC what?

season ticket holders

#65 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

View Postazul, on 28 July 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

season ticket holders

as they would have done if the price were lower

price was fair

reasons for not going more to do with the fact it is a friendly, people doing other things in summer, people being on holiday than the cost

#66 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

it was supposed to

cynical - yeah right!

and everyone could afford/justify £15 if they really wanted to, even on £60 a week! probably wouldn't be the best idea but the game has been known about for weeks, people could have saved for it - not as if it was £50 to get in

the truth is that people would not justify £15 because it was a Pre Season friendly - not because it was too much, everyone who REALLY wanted to go would have gone

people going way over the top and acting as if £15 is a massive amount of money, it is less than 3 hours wage on NMW

£15 was a fair price for this game, 25% normal match day prices (more in some parts of ground less in others)

You never mentioned your new line of attack on CFC during the opening post

And so you can't play dumb, I'm referring to whether a reduced admission price would make any difference

Obscene comment

#67 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Completely ridiculous to say £15 is too much for friendly games

Matlock, Buxton, Alfreton all charged £8-10 to watch games in non league (very non league) stadia - so an extra fiver to watch in a proper ground against higher division opposition is about right

Price is fair and anyone who says it isn't is talking rubbish, wonder if the same people moaning about the price are those saying we should spend money on a striker to show ambition etc etc etc

And anyone citing the price as a reason or not going is just making excuses, not hard to save £15 from your weekly outgoings, it is only the price of 4 pints, 1 dominos pizza or 2 packs of cigarettes!

Very true! Very true indeed! You've dared to write what I have been thinking for a few days now! And didn't someone say on here he'd bought a ticket but refused to go cos of Higdon fiasco! I bet DA had a little grin about that one!

#68 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

View Postazul, on 28 July 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

You never mentioned your new line of attack on CFC during the opening post

And so you can't play dumb, I'm referring to whether a reduced admission price would make any difference

Obscene comment

why is that an obscene comment

does anyone really think that £15 is a lot of money these days?

doesn't buy you much at all really

and no, a reduced admission price would not make a difference to attendance, as has been proven at Chesterfield when the prices have been lower pre season attendances have still been low and at other clubs where low prices do not see bumper attendances

what part of that do you not understand?

#69 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

View Postnot_the_freak, on 28 July 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

Does that less than 10% include under 16s? So 90% of chesterfield don't drive vans, work in retail, or in warehouses ect...?

Crikey

Erm, under 16's dont pay full price......

And most of the professions you've mentioned pay more than NMW too, unless through an agency.

If you're on NMW, and struggling with bills/mortgages/kids clothing bills, arguing about an extra couple of £ for a meaningless football match is hardly having your priorities on order.

#70 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

View Postdjs, on 28 July 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Very true! Very true indeed! You've dared to write what I have been thinking for a few days now! And didn't someone say on here he'd bought a ticket but refused to go cos of Higdon fiasco! I bet DA had a little grin about that one!

wouldn't agree with me, you'll have people getting on at you telling you £15 is an astronomical amount of money and the price was ridiculously high and that we'd have got 10000 in had it been £10!

:rolleyes:

#71 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

and no, a reduced admission price would not make a difference to attendance, as has been proven at Chesterfield when the prices have been lower pre season attendances have still been low and at other clubs where low prices do not see bumper attendances

what part of that do you not understand?

like food you mean

This post has been edited by azul: 28 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

#72 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

I reckon the problem here is that you haven't got a mortgage!

Given your age, surely you should be close to having your first house paid off?

#73 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Lots of 34 year olds haven't bought for the first time yet these days, never mind paid 'em off!

#74 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

I can't be ****d to read through all of the thread, though Cartman has a point, he comes across very poorly indeed and should hang his head in shame the way he pigeon boxes people, absolutely no need to even go there, valid point or not. Shame on you!

Again without reading through the rest of the thread has anybody actually touched upon why the club opened up all four sides of the ground?? I said at the match what a waste of money opening up the east stand. There were a saving there to start with.
My own view... Yes, the clubs got to cover their overheads, but they also should give a little back to the fans and fleecing every last bit out of the loyal fans isn't the way to go. No new signings (of note) and Leeds aint a massive puller. Villa I very much doubt will throw their first team out, so £15 per game of a two match deal for £20 would have been the right level of pricing for me. The fans had an expensive season last year with Wembley and away games to see the side doing well and all the merchandise that goes with this. The club didn't do badly out of us and it's not our fault that they got their figures so wrong, so instead of trying to fleece a little more out of the fans, by giving a little bit back would have gone a long way (again, imo).

EDIT: For what it's worth I'm not going to the Villa game as £30 for two meaningless friendlies is too much imo. £20 for the two games and I would have snapped up the tickets and thought a lot of my club at the same time as many did last year when we priced the friendly deals last summer.

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 28 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

#notapennymore

#75 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 July 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Lots of 34 year olds haven't bought for the first time yet these days, never mind paid 'em off!

Too much partying, drinking & paying £15 for friendly football matches!

If Cartman had put towards a house what he's spent on booze over the year's, he'd be in a footballers pad!

#76 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 28 July 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Erm, under 16's dont pay full price......

And most of the professions you've mentioned pay more than NMW too, unless through an agency.

If you're on NMW, and struggling with bills/mortgages/kids clothing bills, arguing about an extra couple of £ for a meaningless football match is hardly having your priorities on order.

Fwiw, I am on nmw in some of the jobs I do and a little more in others (all agency), but I don't struggle to get along with bills and kids ect... But that's probably because I'm sensible with my money and prioritise. And I'm hardly arguing, just general chit chat.

I have made my money spread on a ST and my boys have the new kit, (although I don't) - typical :-)

Think I've spent enough this season. Ha ha
Here we go again!

#77 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 28 July 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

If Cartman had put towards a house what he's spent on booze over the year's, he'd be in a footballers pad!

Ha ha. He could have paid my mortgage off as well ;)

#78 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 July 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Ha ha. He could have paid my mortgage off as well ;)

In fact, he'd have started chipping away at the national debt by now!

#79 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

wouldn't agree with me, you'll have people getting on at you telling you £15 is an astronomical amount of money and the price was ridiculously high and that we'd have got 10000 in had it been £10!

Has anyone on this forum ever over exaggerated as much as you?

Posted Image

#80 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 28 July 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

I reckon the problem here is that you haven't got a mortgage!

Given your age, surely you should be close to having your first house paid off?

course I should, have rent payments though - although this thread has never been about me despite how much people want it to be

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 July 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

true - if I had gone into a job from school instead of going to uni would probably have a mortgage - houses were sensibly priced back then!!!!!

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 28 July 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

I can't be ****d to read through all of the thread, though Cartman has a point, he comes across very poorly indeed and should hang his head in shame the way he pigeon boxes people, absolutely no need to even go there, valid point or not. Shame on you!

Again without reading through the rest of the thread has anybody actually touched upon why the club opened up all four sides of the ground?? I said at the match what a waste of money opening up the east stand. There were a saving there to start with.
My own view... Yes, the clubs got to cover their overheads, but they also should give a little back to the fans and fleecing every last bit out of the loyal fans isn't the way to go. No new signings (of note) and Leeds aint a massive puller. Villa I very much doubt will throw their first team out, so £15 per game of a two match deal for £20 would have been the right level of pricing for me. The fans had an expensive season last year with Wembley and away games to see the side doing well and all the merchandise that goes with this. The club didn't do badly out of us and it's not our fault that they got their figures so wrong, so instead of trying to fleece a little more out of the fans, by giving a little bit back would have gone a long way (again, imo).

EDIT: For what it's worth I'm not going to the Villa game as £30 for two meaningless friendlies is too much imo. £20 for the two games and I would have snapped up the tickets and thought a lot of my club at the same time as many did last year when we priced the friendly deals last summer.

go on then, who have I pigeon boxed?

ridiculous comment, done nothing of the sort, haven't slated any group in society or anything or done anything that looks down on anyone either out of work or low paid - despite what some people have chosen to post!

View Postfreelander2, on 28 July 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

not sure about that! and anyway, we are here for a good time, not a long time, rather spend the money enjoying myself!

View Postnot_the_freak, on 28 July 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Fwiw, I am on nmw in some of the jobs I do and a little more in others (all agency), but I don't struggle to get along with bills and kids ect... But that's probably because I'm sensible with my money and prioritise. And I'm hardly arguing, just general chit chat.

I have made my money spread on a ST and my boys have the new kit, (although I don't) - typical :-)

Think I've spent enough this season. Ha ha

think you certainly have and you prove my point on priorities, you have yours and make sure you can afford them

pre season frindlies are not always peoples priorities and are historically poorly attended

doesn't make £15 an unfair price!

View PostGoku, on 28 July 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Has anyone on this forum ever over exaggerated as much as you?

Posted Image

over exaggerating would be calling 7k attendance forecast ridiculous, far fetched and not based in reality

and if you are bored go do summat else

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users