• You cannot reply to this topic

Williams

#41 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 May 2023 - 11:55 AM

View Postdanblue, on 10 May 2023 - 08:37 PM, said:

Im not arguing the toss on this, but wishing someone on the dole, more or less ending his playing days over a personal bad season...yeah I'll stick with douche

Where do I say I wish him on the dole, I said I don't want him here either ( nor do Port vale) but you continue reading what clearly isn't there... I'm going idiot.. 👍
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#42 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 11 May 2023 - 01:49 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 11 May 2023 - 11:55 AM, said:

Where do I say I wish him on the dole, I said I don't want him here either ( nor do Port vale) but you continue reading what clearly isn't there... I'm going idiot.. 👍

Yes you are 😉

#43 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 11 May 2023 - 02:30 PM

View Postdanblue, on 11 May 2023 - 01:49 PM, said:

Yes you are 😉

Not sure about Covolan. That stupid foul and sending off first game was inexcusable, but since then he's done nothing to bring the roof down on his head. Mistakes, yes, but all 'keepers who play as sweepers are going to be prone to hair raising antics sometimes, and Fitz has had one or two moments like that. Thing is, Covolan has been a marked man since that first game, and has taken flak for the kind of incidents that just earned a shake of the head when Fitz did them.
I'd seriously consider signing him as the second 'keeper behind Fitz, assuming his price has come down and nothing obviously better is available.

#44 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 11 May 2023 - 02:36 PM

View Postdanblue, on 11 May 2023 - 01:49 PM, said:

Yes you are 😉

Fortunately not as bigger one as you. 😁👍

#45 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:27 PM

View Posth again, on 11 May 2023 - 02:30 PM, said:

Not sure about Covolan. That stupid foul and sending off first game was inexcusable, but since then he's done nothing to bring the roof down on his head. Mistakes, yes, but all 'keepers who play as sweepers are going to be prone to hair raising antics sometimes, and Fitz has had one or two moments like that. Thing is, Covolan has been a marked man since that first game, and has taken flak for the kind of incidents that just earned a shake of the head when Fitz did them.
I'd seriously consider signing him as the second 'keeper behind Fitz, assuming his price has come down and nothing obviously better is available.

Ah, a sensible post.
Not throwing a player on the scrap heap due to a bad season with us.

#46 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:33 PM

View Postdanblue, on 11 May 2023 - 03:27 PM, said:

Ah, a sensible post.
Not throwing a player on the scrap heap due to a bad season with us.

Do you realise how football works, how contracts with clubs work, the loan system works,..

Daft question clearly not,

Note to dippy Dan, not all players released or out of contract end up on the dole... 😉

#47 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:44 PM

spireitetoo showing some impressive brass testicles criticising danblue when he was struggling with the offside rule a couple of days ago :ninja:

#48 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:45 PM

View Posth again, on 11 May 2023 - 02:30 PM, said:

I think Covolan's number was up when he had a particularly hair-raising home game a couple of months back when Fitz was 'sidelined' following his wanting to move to Scunthorpe bombshell. Lucas was loudly booed by home 'fans' and other than his place on the bench last week, he's not been seen since.
We're on our way

#49 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:52 PM

View PostGoku, on 11 May 2023 - 03:44 PM, said:

spireitetoo showing some impressive brass testicles criticising danblue when he was struggling with the offside rule a couple of days ago :ninja:

They keep changing the offside rule, that has still been given as off by var at times this season, even BT were questioning it..

Players being released has been happening forever...

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 11 May 2023 - 03:53 PM

#50 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 11 May 2023 - 05:27 PM

View PostMac, on 11 May 2023 - 03:45 PM, said:

I think Covolan's number was up when he had a particularly hair-raising home game a couple of months back when Fitz was 'sidelined' following his wanting to move to Scunthorpe bombshell. Lucas was loudly booed by home 'fans' and other than his place on the bench last week, he's not been seen since.

There's generally one player every season who gets picked on, and Covolan made an early bid for the 'honour' with his madness at Dorking. He was never going to get a fair deal after that, without a worldy

And just to keep the pot boiling, as this is a Williams thread, I'd play him rather than Ash Palmer, who gives me no confidence at all. I think he's more of a 'stay at home' defender, and the high press doesn't suit him.

This post has been edited by h again: 11 May 2023 - 05:30 PM

#51 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2023 - 06:02 PM

View Posth again, on 11 May 2023 - 05:27 PM, said:

There's generally one player every season who gets picked on, and Covolan made an early bid for the 'honour' with his madness at Dorking. He was never going to get a fair deal after that, without a worldy

And just to keep the pot boiling, as this is a Williams thread, I'd play him rather than Ash Palmer, who gives me no confidence at all. I think he's more of a 'stay at home' defender, and the high press doesn't suit him.

Me neither, I have to say I thought (well, maybe hoped) we'd signed the answer to all our defensive frailties when he was recruited. Been very underwhelmed thus far - he's less than dominant in the air, has next to no pace and a mistake is never far away. Other than that, he's fine.
We're on our way

#52 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2023 - 06:23 PM

View PostGoku, on 11 May 2023 - 03:44 PM, said:

Enough said! 🤣

#53 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2023 - 06:27 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 11 May 2023 - 03:33 PM, said:

Do you realise how football works, how contracts with clubs work, the loan system works,..

Daft question clearly not,

Note to dippy Dan, not all players released or out of contract end up on the dole... 😉

Yawn

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users