Bob's Board: Current Team Compared To Last Seasons Team. - Bob's Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Current Team Compared To Last Seasons Team.

#21 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 September 2023 - 05:03 PM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 07 September 2023 - 01:43 PM, said:

There is only ONE team performed better than Town and they are only above us on Goal Difference.

Looking at the players brought in this season, can you say that they have improved the team from last season ? - As Dallas & Akinola were not our players last season - YES, Naylor, Berry, Griggs & Jacobs definitely strengthen the squad on last season

Still can't score goals from our new strikers. - Griggs has 3 Goals in 6 Starts ???
There is no improvement in defence, the same problem as last season, we leak goals and are predicable as to how we play. - We have Frecklington now but apart from that it's the same defence as last year, So are you saying Frecklington is not bringing anything to the team Give it time

There is not much change in the team from last season. - Apart from Grigg (3 Goals) - Naylor (3 Goals) - Grimes, Williams & Palmer (4 Goals), Colclough & Mandy (7 Goals in 7 Games) + over 50% of our goals have come from Set Pieces.

The latest in a long line of getting out players names wrong. It’s Freckleton not Frecklington.

#22 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2023 - 05:06 PM

View PostThe Whistler, on 07 September 2023 - 01:25 PM, said:

Looking at the players brought in this season, can you say that they have improved the team from last season ?

We Play the same system, is that an issue?

Still can't score goals from our new strikers.
There is no improvement in defence, the same problem as last season, we leak goals and are predicable as to how we play.
There is not much change in the team from last season.

When you look at the other teams around us, they have no money, take for example Solihull - No money whatsover and yet they are perfoming well,You have your Boreham Woods and Barnet not a lot of money, I can name a few other teams that are performing better than Chesterfield.

What is the soloution?

So, there is ONE team, I'll repeat that ONE team, who are above us in the league table. That ONE team have a one goal goal difference advantage over us. So, obviously, they are doing far far better than us!!!!

The TWO teams one point less than us, Hartlepool and Solihull have played 4 home games compared to our 3. So again they are doing much better than us!!!!!

Every other team in the league are at least 4 points worse off than us and even if we lose on Saturday and they win they can't go above us. Really makes you realise how much better than us they are doing.

Grigg, our new striker, has scored 3 goals in 6 games which is a shocking return ratio of only 1 in 2. Naylor, our new defensive midfielder, has scored 3 goals in 7 games from an area of the pitch that goals were few and far between last season.

I agree we are predictable in how we play but offensively teams have struggled to stop us scoring despite that predictability.

However, I agree, defensively we are showing the same frailties but that is hardly surprising because it has been basically the same personnel with the exception of the keeper. However, we have now signed Freckleton so it seems the management are aware of the issues.

So, I am struggling to understand why you are so convinced that there are a number of teams performing better than us and fail to comprehend why you have started this thread. I accept we all have opinions, I certainly have my own to, but with only 7 games played, scoring for fun, and being in the position we are in, I don't think you have put up a very strong argument to support your views.

#23 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2023 - 07:28 PM

Looking at the players brought in this season, can you say that they have improved the team from last season ?

There is no improvement in defence, the same problem as last season, we leak goals and are predicable as to how we play.

When you look at the other teams around us, they have no money, take for example Solihull - No money whatsover and yet they are perfoming well,You have your Boreham Woods and Barnet not a lot of money, I can name a few other teams that are performing better than Chesterfield.

What is the soloution?

You asked 3 questions.My answers are:

1. Yes
2. No
3. Take 4 points, or more, off Barnet.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#24 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 September 2023 - 07:34 PM

View Postprolurker, on 07 September 2023 - 01:45 PM, said:

I respect what he's doing here, bringing together a divided board against a stupid opinion.

BobsBoard is healing.

The hero we never knew we needed

#25 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 September 2023 - 07:35 PM

View Postdtp, on 07 September 2023 - 05:06 PM, said:

So, there is ONE team, I'll repeat that ONE team, who are above us in the league table. That ONE team have a one goal goal difference advantage over us. So, obviously, they are doing far far better than us!!!!

The TWO teams one point less than us, Hartlepool and Solihull have played 4 home games compared to our 3. So again they are doing much better than us!!!!!

Every other team in the league are at least 4 points worse off than us and even if we lose on Saturday and they win they can't go above us. Really makes you realise how much better than us they are doing.

Grigg, our new striker, has scored 3 goals in 6 games which is a shocking return ratio of only 1 in 2. Naylor, our new defensive midfielder, has scored 3 goals in 7 games from an area of the pitch that goals were few and far between last season.

I agree we are predictable in how we play but offensively teams have struggled to stop us scoring despite that predictability.

However, I agree, defensively we are showing the same frailties but that is hardly surprising because it has been basically the same personnel with the exception of the keeper. However, we have now signed Freckleton so it seems the management are aware of the issues.

So, I am struggling to understand why you are so convinced that there are a number of teams performing better than us and fail to comprehend why you have started this thread. I accept we all have opinions, I certainly have my own to, but with only 7 games played, scoring for fun, and being in the position we are in, I don't think you have put up a very strong argument to support your views.

Manchester City are predictable in how they play. If you do it well it’s hardly a bad thing.

#26 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 07 September 2023 - 07:44 PM

The O.P. Is so totally devoid of logical thought, that it’s clearly a very clumsy and obvious wind-up. It’s obvious that, with a bit of defensive tightening-up, we will be very hard to stop at this level, and probably the one above.

#27 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 07 September 2023 - 08:28 PM

What is the soloution?

Go on then I’ll play. What other teams that have fewer points than us are performing better than us?

#28 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2023 - 08:54 PM

Asante must be about due another big comeback anytime soon? They never seem to happen do they..

#29 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:08 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 07 September 2023 - 08:28 PM, said:

Go on then I’ll play. What other teams that have fewer points than us are performing better than us?

Perhaps, quote "The League Table Lies"
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#30 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:11 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 07 September 2023 - 03:09 PM, said:

Is this doofus poster James Rowe? Always seemed to be in the know with certain players and a master in sh*t stirring.

AA’s agent more likely. He’s working for his money I’ll give him that
Hater of all things Scab!

#31 User is offline   CrossStreet62 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Retired to my static caravan at the end of the drive.
  • Interests:My Family
    Living one day at a time for as long as I can
    Listening to the music that means so much to me

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:31 PM

What is the soloution?

What is the soloution?

This has to be a wind up right.
Not something I would have expected from you.
"CFC is in my soul" "It's a way of life" "Keep The Faith" "A Spireite Till I Die"

#32 User is offline   The Whistler 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:51 PM

prolurker, on 07 September 2023 - 01:45 PM, said:

I respect what he's doing here, bringing together a divided board against a stupid opinion.

BobsBoard is healing.

You are spot on, thought I would throw some comments on the team out there on the forum, and straight away no moans and groans from anyone. Before the post this forum was divided, moaning about certain players not good enough, comments about the manager and so on.

Let us see how long it takes for someone to moan about the team after this post. Ha Ha.

#33 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:56 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 07 September 2023 - 08:54 PM, said:

Asante must be about due another big comeback anytime soon? They never seem to happen do they..

Many a true word .........
He should indeed be ready to play by now at whatever level is deemed appropriate. Perhaps the question could be raised tomorrow.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#34 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 September 2023 - 02:17 AM

What is the soloution?

Grigg has scored 3 hasn’t he? 3 from 7 isn’t bad. Quigley has scored, Colclough has scored.

Scoring goals isn’t the issue we’ve got 19 in 7 seven games. Almost 3 a game.

We’re conceding to many largely from stupid decisions or mistakes by the defence.

IMO Cookie has gambled his defence is adequate enough for this division and signed a forward line not just to get us up this year but with an eye on next season as well. Next season with wages of our non playing strikers used to sign new defenders. I’d expect a whole new back 4 next season.
A new hope.

#35 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2023 - 04:31 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 08 September 2023 - 02:17 AM, said:

Grigg has scored 3 hasn’t he? 3 from 7 isn’t bad. Quigley has scored, Colclough has scored.

We’re conceding to many largely from stupid decisions or mistakes by the defence.

IMO Cookie has gambled his defence is adequate enough for this division and signed a forward line not just to get us up this year but with an eye on next season as well. Next season with wages of our non playing strikers used to sign new defenders. I’d expect a whole new back 4 next season.

I concur

#36 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 08 September 2023 - 06:34 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 07 September 2023 - 05:03 PM, said:

The latest in a long line of getting out players names wrong. It’s Freckleton not Frecklington.

*Our.

If you're going to be like that, it's important to be no less than perfect yourself.

#37 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2023 - 01:15 PM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 08 September 2023 - 02:17 AM, said:

3 in 6 for Grigg. He didn’t play at Altrincham
Hater of all things Scab!

#38 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 08 September 2023 - 02:47 PM

What is the soloution?

The solution is for the EFL to acknowledge that the national League is of high standard and it's time to get two up and a play off
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#39 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2023 - 03:12 PM

What is the soloution?

We’ve scored more goals than any team in the top five divisions. I’d say we’re cutting through most defences at will.

#40 User is offline   Oldtimer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2023 - 07:23 AM

View Postmartatcross, on 08 September 2023 - 02:47 PM, said:

The solution is for the EFL to acknowledge that the national League is of high standard and it's time to get two up and a play off

Agree it should be 2 automatic plus play-off winner. Whatever it is, it should be uniform throughout the leagues. However can't agree it's a high standard. At times it can resemble school boy football and that includes us. That's not to say it can;t be entertaining when both teams open up but let's not kid ourselves for large parts it isn't a high standard

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users