• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CFSS AND THE FUTURE.

#1 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:41 PM

Kids a quid. I like the idea, but some dont, some feel its a tad unfair or opportunistic.

How about we "close off" one section on compton street. this section is the used exclusively for a new scheme.

this scheme involves someone first collecting a list of schools within the catchment area of the football club.

then phoning the school, to arrange a visit. the type of thing ernie`s school asked about. you know the sort of thing.

then, give the tickets for the next home game, for the seperate section, to the kids from that school, first come first served. new school each week. maybe 2 per week.

think how many extra paying fans this will generate. i mean, we cant even sell out against the owels or forest.

nothing to lose, dozens and dozens of new fans to gain.

what say you, CFSS?
A new hope.

#2 User is offline   skaw 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

nothing....
lol

#3 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

There will be plenty of room without closing any area down,fans sit in all areas on Compton,maybe we could cordon an area of the kop just behind the goal would do nicely,the kids would love it and maybe they might make more noise than the people who stand there now :rolleyes:

#4 User is offline   Spireite61 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

I think this is a really good idea (which probably means it will go nowhere). Seem to remember they did something similar a few years back as my niece used to get tickets from her school, which resulted in her becoming a keen town supporter, rather than the Liverpool one she was nearly becoming.

Has to be common sense that get kids hooked early you have supporters for life.

#5 User is offline   spirette 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Spireite through and through

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:42 PM

Great idea.
I mentioned in a previous post that I once had to go to a conference thingy at Derby County with school and they sectioned part of the ground off and gave us two free tickets each to go to a game.

I also mentioned about a local school contacting the club for a prize donation and failing to get a response, so maybe this idea would restore some faith in the club.
Chesterfield FC: League 2 Champions 2010-2011/2013-2014

#6 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:43 AM

View Postdeath, on Jul 31 2006, 05:41 PM, said:

Kids a quid. I like the idea, but some dont, some feel its a tad unfair or opportunistic.

How about we "close off" one section on compton street. this section is the used exclusively for a new scheme.

this scheme involves someone first collecting a list of schools within the catchment area of the football club.

then phoning the school, to arrange a visit. the type of thing ernie`s school asked about. you know the sort of thing.

then, give the tickets for the next home game, for the seperate section, to the kids from that school, first come first served. new school each week. maybe 2 per week.

think how many extra paying fans this will generate. i mean, we cant even sell out against the owels or forest.

what say you, CFSS?

If we aren't filling the ground, give the kids half of Compton Street and enjoy a fuller ground.......

#7 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:56 PM

View Postspirette, on Aug 1 2006, 12:42 AM, said:

I also mentioned about a local school contacting the club for a prize donation and failing to get a response, so maybe this idea would restore some faith in the club.

nothing new there then eh.
A new hope.

#8 User is offline   Duckys Moved 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Golf<br />Football<br />Fishing<br />Lager

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Aug 1 2006, 11:43 AM, said:

If we aren't filling the ground, give the kids half of Compton Street and enjoy a fuller ground.......

I take it you don't sit in Compton Street then Mr Spireite.

This post has been edited by Duckys Moved: 03 August 2006 - 12:29 PM

#9 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:46 PM

View PostDuckys Moved, on Aug 3 2006, 12:57 PM, said:

I take it you don't sit in Compton Street then Mr Spireite.

I used to but I find it awefull, can't see due to people walking in front of you all the time, just isn't the same. Plus I only managed about 2 games last season due to personal commitments. I don't expect this year to change, but that doesn't make me any less of a supporter than anyone who goes ever week home and away.

I missed about 3 home games from 1983-2000 and one was the Middlesbrough leage game from the mid eighties when we beat them with a Carl Airey goal, I think ?

#10 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

View PostSpireite61, on Jul 31 2006, 08:54 PM, said:

Has to be common sense that get kids hooked early you have supporters for life.

A new hope.

#11 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:32 PM

what say you, CFSS?

CFSS and the future? with the CFSS we don't have a future and especially now they are taking a breather
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#12 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:02 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 17 2006, 09:32 PM, said:

CFSS and the future? with the CFSS we don't have a future and especially now they are taking a breather

Why don't you take a breather,i'll tell you this fishi when our new stadium is built i'm going to give you hell on here just like you are doing to everyone now :blush:

#13 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

View Postspireiteblue, on Aug 17 2006, 10:02 PM, said:

Why don't you take a breather,i'll tell you this fishi when our new stadium is built i'm going to give you hell on here just like you are doing to everyone now :blush:

No you won't. You'll be so chuffed you'll be too happy to waste time on miserable old beggers, so he'll get away with it. That's the whole basis of doom-mongering. If you get it right you can say 'I told you so' - if you get it wrong everybody's too chuffed to give you stick.
The downside, of course, is that nobody likes miserable people.

#14 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:53 PM

what say you, CFSS?

WELL? WHAT SAY YOU?
A new hope.

#15 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

Why don't you take a breather,i'll tell you this fishi when our new stadium is built i'm going to give you hell on here just like you are doing to everyone now :wacko:

Hope you are correct but me thinks you are not
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#16 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

View Posth again, on Aug 18 2006, 12:14 PM, said:

No you won't. You'll be so chuffed you'll be too happy to waste time on miserable old beggers, so he'll get away with it. That's the whole basis of doom-mongering. If you get it right you can say 'I told you so' - if you get it wrong everybody's too chuffed to give you stick.
The downside, of course, is that nobody likes miserable people.

Why don't you take a breather,i'll tell you this fishi when our new stadium is built i'm going to give you hell on here just like you are doing to everyone now :D

we all hope it works out well. and if the likes of me, T_F,fishini,mr smith,belearic mac,etc are wrong, then all well and good.

if however,the doubters are right, the club will be in the brown stuff. i dont like the "gamble". do we have the finaces to build it? we dont even have the finances to give roy mac a decent chance.

as an aside, the new ground is not gonna have exec boxes?
A new hope.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users