Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Question For The Leavers.... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question For The Leavers.... Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 25 June 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'm suggesting they cost us a fortune and are unelected.

http://uk.businessin...-economy-2015-9

#42 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 26 June 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Purposely so, my friend....I'm being stupidly ignorant to make a point:

Immigrants, wasted money, unelected folk...key reasons why people voted to leave the EU, and that's the monarchy.

Look, the vote happened. The leave campaign won. Belly aching and calling the leave voters racist because your sulking isn't helping. You need to move on.

#43 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

View PostThe Gimp, on 26 June 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

Look, the vote happened. The leave campaign won. Belly aching and calling the leave voters racist because your sulking isn't helping. You need to move on.

Omg....how many times do i have to repeat myself. Look, go back, read every post in all related threads/topicd, read EXACTLY what I wrote, and then retract that stupid final comment.

#44 User is offline   spireiterob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

View PostThe Gimp, on 26 June 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

I've seen this banded about all day, how on earth do you expect half the country to move on and live cheerfully especially now it is blatantly obvious the winning side did it by humongous lies? Im yet to see one positive outcome of this and already a whole lot of leavers (however stupidly) are regretting their decision. The 350 million figure, however lovely it might have seen given that this government has overseen draconian cuts to everything, NHS , Schools , all set towards the privatisation of them which is the Tory mandate, it would never have been in their interest to spend it on that or any other public spending. The governments faults have been laid at the door of the EU, which is hardly surprising given Murdochs control of the media. The magnitude of this vote should never have seen it put to the public, personally I have never felt so depressed about the future for the country I love. None of the clowns who orchestrated this have got a plan for the future, which to me looks a hell of a lot bleaker now.
CFC

#45 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

View Postspireiterob, on 26 June 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

I've seen this banded about all day, how on earth do you expect half the country to move on and live cheerfully especially now it is blatantly obvious the winning side did it by humongous lies? Im yet to see one positive outcome of this and already a whole lot of leavers (however stupidly) are regretting their decision. The 350 million figure, however lovely it might have seen given that this government has overseen draconian cuts to everything, NHS , Schools , all set towards the privatisation of them which is the Tory mandate, it would never have been in their interest to spend it on that or any other public spending. The governments faults have been laid at the door of the EU, which is hardly surprising given Murdochs control of the media. The magnitude of this vote should never have seen it put to the public, personally I have never felt so depressed about the future for the country I love. None of the clowns who orchestrated this have got a plan for the future, which to me looks a hell of a lot bleaker now.

Did you see the breakfast with frost interview with the former head of the CBI? I'd recomend you watch it. A non political and excellent summary. I agree with him 100%

#46 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 26 June 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

To quote some wise sage this week (can't remember who it was but may have been Michael Barrymore)
"Not everyone who voted leave is a racist but every racist voted leave".

Thats the same with the Muslims. Not all Muslims are terrorists far from it, but almost all terrorists are Muslims.
Concerning the people who voted leave. Not all are racists we all know that but like was said almost all racists voted leave. That said I have heard leavers call the ones who voted to remain as pro mass immigration and Islamic apologists. Which is obviously a load of rubbish. That said I believe for the remainers immigration was far lower on their reasoning than the leavers. I think the result was terrible for the country. Not the fact that we voted to leave,even though I think time will prove it to be the wrong decision. What I think is that whichever way the vote went it had to be decisive. Something along the lines of 80%. A almost 50/50 split is an horrendous decision for the country I can see years of infighting, instability and recriminations. Lets all hope we can come out of this sometime in the future as a united country. The last thing that really worries me is that the Tory government will become even more right wing than it already is. Lets hope they are smart enough to see through the charade that Boris fought this campaign under and keep him firmly on the back benches where he belongs. He cannot be allowed to hold any position of power.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#47 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostThe Gimp, on 26 June 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Did you see the breakfast with frost interview with the former head of the CBI? I'd recomend you watch it. A non political and excellent summary. I agree with him 100%

That may be a tad difficult, now if you mean the Andrew Marr show on the other hand..........

View Postfishini, on 26 June 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Thats the same with the Muslims. Not all Muslims are terrorists far from it, but almost all terrorists are Muslims.
Concerning the people who voted leave. Not all are racists we all know that but like was said almost all racists voted leave. That said I have heard leavers call the ones who voted to remain as pro mass immigration and Islamic apologists. Which is obviously a load of rubbish. That said I believe for the remainers immigration was far lower on their reasoning than the leavers. I think the result was terrible for the country. Not the fact that we voted to leave,even though I think time will prove it to be the wrong decision. What I think is that whichever way the vote went it had to be decisive. Something along the lines of 80%. A almost 50/50 split is an horrendous decision for the country I can see years of infighting, instability and recriminations. Lets all hope we can come out of this sometime in the future as a united country. The last thing that really worries me is that the Tory government will become even more right wing than it already is. Lets hope they are smart enough to see through the charade that Boris fought this campaign under and keep him firmly on the back benches where he belongs. He cannot be allowed to hold any position of power.

Hear hear.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#48 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

The EU needed reform. I think everyone including pro EU people would recognise that. Your in fighting and recriminations will be in Brussels, long term and not Westminster. But look at the paltry "reforms" that they offered Cameron, and look at the comments from Junker. He said we gave as much as we can. A temporary partial brake on benefits to migrants. That was it. The EU won't reform, it won't change. Even now, while the UK has voted to leave, and the German PM and foreign minister, as are most ciuntries leaders, are now saying the EU needs change Junker and his cohorts are saying no change, and push on with integration and theEU project.
You need to look beyond UK party politics, and see the EU for what it is. I'm astonished by people who argue for member ship and yet their ignorance in terms of how the EU operates.
In the end, the EU will destroy itself because the EU exists for the benefit of the EU beurocratic elite and not the people. You can't vote for their leadership, you can't change their leadership, you can't influence how it's run or the decisions it takes, you just have to bend over and take it. Well the British people have now said no. The French, the Dutch and the swedes are now calling for their own referendums.
Apart from Germany, youth EU unemployment is high, 50% in Spain. Because migrants take entry level jobs normally given to kids. Its a recepie for disaster, a powder keg where a diss effected youth becomes prey to extremists. You fear this In the uk due to the Tories, that nothing to what is brewing in Italy, Spain and Greece with youth unemployment. It's going to eat itself.
You say it's racist. I say the opposite. Your promoting the exploitation of cheap foreign labour, while quashing the chances of the local youth. What is that going to do to society? People should be concerned with the society in which they live, where their children will grow up. Why vote for something that exploits cheap labour and undermines local communities in favour of big business? Shirebrook, sports direct, youth unemployment and polish workers. Join the dots. Isn't that the ultimate Thatcherite vision? Because that's what the EU is and is doing.
I honestly find this thinking completely baffling.

This post has been edited by The Gimp: 26 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

#49 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 26 June 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

That may be a tad difficult, now if you mean the Andrew Marr show on the other hand..........

Yeah, might be that one

#50 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

I think you raise an important point regarding infighting.

See the video here, https://mobile.twitt...1990404/video/1

That lot rocked up near a mosque on Coventry Road in Sheldon yesterday. I think the knuckledraggers will see last week's result as a green light to become more active & vocal in their beliefs & hatred.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 26 June 2016 - 07:25 PM

#51 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

Another belter:

https://mobile.twitt...431614285025280

#52 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:24 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 26 June 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

you do despair at some people. unfortunately this viewpoint isn't isolated.

#53 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 26 June 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

I think you raise an important point regarding infighting.

See the video here, https://mobile.twitt...1990404/video/1

That lot rocked up near a mosque on Coventry Road in Sheldon yesterday. I think the knuckledraggers will see last week's result as a green light to become more active & vocal in their beliefs & hatred.

That is a definite concern, yes. The idiots might feel confident.
Your a businessman, what are your views on youth unemployment in the EU?

#54 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:37 PM

How about, as a way to heal wounds we have Rick Astley as prime minister for the brexit negotiations . He won't ever give you up, he won't ever let you down, won't ever desert you, make you cry or say goodbye tell a lie or hurt you

This post has been edited by The Gimp: 26 June 2016 - 07:42 PM

#55 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

There are no legitimate concerns with the levels of immigration then? Wisbech has 1in3 East Europeans as it's population. A 50% increase in population with no increase in services to match? No issues then? Nothing that might be a problem? No pressures on social cohesion?

#56 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostThe Gimp, on 26 June 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

The EU needed reform. I think everyone including pro EU people would recognise that. Your in fighting and recriminations will be in Brussels, long term and not Westminster. But look at the paltry "reforms" that they offered Cameron, and look at the comments from Junker. He said we gave as much as we can. A temporary partial brake on benefits to migrants. That was it. The EU won't reform, it won't change. Even now, while the UK has voted to leave, and the German PM and foreign minister, as are most ciuntries leaders, are now saying the EU needs change Junker and his cohorts are saying no change, and push on with integration and theEU project.
You need to look beyond UK party politics, and see the EU for what it is. I'm astonished by people who argue for member ship and yet their ignorance in terms of how the EU operates.
In the end, the EU will destroy itself because the EU exists for the benefit of the EU beurocratic elite and not the people. You can't vote for their leadership, you can't change their leadership, you can't influence how it's run or the decisions it takes, you just have to bend over and take it. Well the British people have now said no. The French, the Dutch and the swedes are now calling for their own referendums.
Apart from Germany, youth EU unemployment is high, 50% in Spain. Because migrants take entry level jobs normally given to kids. Its a recepie for disaster, a powder keg where a diss effected youth becomes prey to extremists. You fear this In the uk due to the Tories, that nothing to what is brewing in Italy, Spain and Greece with youth unemployment. It's going to eat itself.
You say it's racist. I say the opposite. Your promoting the exploitation of cheap foreign labour, while quashing the chances of the local youth. What is that going to do to society? People should be concerned with the society in which they live, where their children will grow up. Why vote for something that exploits cheap labour and undermines local communities in favour of big business? Shirebrook, sports direct, youth unemployment and polish workers. Join the dots. Isn't that the ultimate Thatcherite vision? Because that's what the EU is and is doing.

And, even though we have exited the EU, and, for arguments sake, nothing has changed in a couple of years, immigration is even worse....you think racism will have disappeared, it will just get worse. Our youth are being massively discriminated against; it's a matter of time until that powder keg kicks off again.

#57 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

View PostThe Gimp, on 26 June 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

The quashed local youth won't work at Sports Direct

#58 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

Exactly what I've been saying all along; not racist, though....

#59 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

View PostThe Gimp, on 26 June 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

There are no legitimate concerns with the levels of immigration then? Wisbech has 1in3 East Europeans as it's population. A 50% increase in population with no increase in services to match? No issues then? Nothing that might be a problem? No pressures on social cohesion?

But that's the fkin government purposely withholding funding for the NHS, etc, so that they can argue they need to be privatised, nothing to do with the EU

#60 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

Hmmm. You must be fuming with Skinner and Mann, who failed to follow the party line because their constituents want to curb migrants.

The Labour Philosophy is in tatters. It excludes any concept of immigration curbs and yet droves of it's traditional supporters want them. Corbyn is right. These people need a new party to support instead of asking the Executive to change it's philosophy.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users