David Brooks

#241 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

moondog, on 28 June 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

AC told me on 21 June that the loan was part of the Ched deal

Cheers. So have we been short changed on the Evans deal?
ie robbed by the arrogant deedahs
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#242 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

clarevoyant., on 28 June 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

More like 'let down by the usual suspects'.

If it was written into the contract then they are in breach of contract. If it wasn't then that is the fault of AC & co. Particularly as we're left short in midfield with the season fast approaching. Surely not rocket science to anticipate the kid might have a good tournament and attract attention from more affluent suitors?

Never mind. Serves as a handy excuse for the usual suspects to lead us into the new season with a threadbare squad.

#243 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

clarevoyant., on 28 June 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

That's how it appears but the fact AC has gone on record saying he doesn't blame them contradicts it. I expect the answer is on paper they are seperate deals but it seems to me the offering of Brooks was part of the package that we accepted

#244 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

moondog, on 28 June 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

That's how it appears but the fact AC has gone on record saying he doesn't blame them contradicts it. I expect the answer is on paper they are seperate deals but it seems to me the offering of Brooks was part of the package that we accepted

What a tangled Web the deedahs do weave
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#245 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

moondog, on 28 June 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

AC told me on 21 June that the loan was part of the Ched deal

maybe Brooks was identified after the Donal fiasco.........and maybe now Donal will return to the radar. Knowing more about Brooks now, they seem very similar types.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#246 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

dim view, on 29 June 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

maybe Brooks was identified after the Donal fiasco.........and maybe now Donal will return to the radar. Knowing more about Brooks now, they seem very similar types.

Given the rumour that the Ched deal has been in place for months, maybe Brooks was on the radar under our previous management team and a possible loan was discussed months ago?

Since then we've gone down (without a whimper) and his stock has risen considerably.

#247 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:44 AM

This season, as it stands we look proper fooked don't we.

We will end up with a few last minute cheap loanees and keep our fingers crossed.
JRID

#248 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

Sammy Spireite, on 29 June 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Given the rumour that the Ched deal has been in place for months, maybe Brooks was on the radar under our previous management team and a possible loan was discussed months ago?

Since then we've gone down (without a whimper) and his stock has risen considerably.

Surely Brooks was only envisaged as an option rather than a first team starter - and the intention was to sign 2 proven central midfield players in any event. Events in January raise doubts of course. I thought he would be used from the bench with a view to him becoming a starter depending on how it went. It's worrying to think we had him in mind as a key player (if that was the case) as nobody including Caldwell knows how he would cope with men's football.

#249 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:59 AM

Search and Destroy, on 29 June 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

We will end up with a few last minute cheap loanees and keep our fingers crossed.

An experienced striker is being sought according to AC. It needs to happen. But without a couple of good midfield signings we are going to be over run and will have a poor season. To me this is blindingly obvious and I hope Caldwell feels the same. But after January I don't know what to expect.

#250 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

Sounds like Louis Reed might be the next on "Shef Utd to Chesterfield Yes you can, no you can't" loanee conveyor belt.

#251 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:07 AM

Sammy Spireite, on 29 June 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Sounds like Louis Reed might be the next on "Shef Utd to Chesterfield Yes you can, no you can't" loanee conveyor belt.

He has 39 league games so has some experience (dimaio had 3 when we signed him),...whether he is proven is a matter of opinion but he might be ok if someone more experienced is also brought in? What's the problem with him?

#252 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

Who knows, all I can glean is that "the peabrain " species of deedah (blunts)appear to have royally screwed over the "lesser brained "species of deedah (us).

And whilst having a whinge, with us coming up to the anniversary of "Rafflegate" we appear to have progressed from fraud to electronically abusing minors. Progress!

Could we claim progress during the year with the debacle across the road gradually fading following the departure of the can carrying CT, but worryingly it seems to show the trouble was higher and CT was just a can carrier.

The last 6 months of the season was absolutely fantastic if you happened to be a total masochistic or a scab (I know the same thing but I wanted to spell masochistic) driven by what has to go on record as being the most bizarre transfer window by any club at any level including Barnstoneworth United.

If in 50 or so years time and there should happen to be a person out there who may have the energy and enthusiasm shown by Stuart Basson in creating "Lucky Whites and Spireites" should want to produce a book to cover this period how will they go about it? Surely the table containing player stats will be superseded by a table of miscreants and their wrongdoings. Title for book on a post card please.

The selling of the club. Nah can't be bothered won't happen to many stones to be turned.

Finish on a positive. We got the pie contract right.

I'll be glad when it stops raining
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#253 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hi Sammy, no rumour. I mentioned it was a done deal last nov/dec with a Utd player coming to us. It was going to happen in the Jan window but didnt. Heard that Everton are the reason for pulling the plug on Brooks from same source with a deal being discussed.

#254 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

Search and Destroy, on 29 June 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

Mmmmm.

And, there's me thinking the squad is looking in decent shape with better balance, more pace, power, height, less long term injuries and disinterested players and what do we do - sign O'Grady!!!!!!

#255 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

clarevoyant., on 29 June 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

Who knows, all I can glean is that "the peabrain " species of deedah (blunts)appear to have royally screwed over the "lesser brained "species of deedah (us).

And whilst having a whinge, with us coming up to the anniversary of "Rafflegate" we appear to have progressed from fraud to electronically abusing minors. Progress!

Could we claim progress during the year with the debacle across the road gradually fading following the departure of the can carrying CT, but worryingly it seems to show the trouble was higher and CT was just a can carrier.

The last 6 months of the season was absolutely fantastic if you happened to be a total masochistic or a scab (I know the same thing but I wanted to spell masochistic) driven by what has to go on record as being the most bizarre transfer window by any club at any level including Barnstoneworth United.

If in 50 or so years time and there should happen to be a person out there who may have the energy and enthusiasm shown by Stuart Basson in creating "Lucky Whites and Spireites" should want to produce a book to cover this period how will they go about it? Surely the table containing player stats will be superseded by a table of miscreants and their wrongdoings. Title for book on a post card please.

The selling of the club. Nah can't be bothered won't happen to many stones to be turned.

Finish on a positive. We got the pie contract right.

I'll be glad when it stops raining

With today's developments I'd like to retract all the above negativity and sweep history under the carpet and be totally positive from now on. When's the Matlock fixture?
It's still raining though
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#256 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

clarevoyant., on 29 June 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

With today's developments I'd like to retract all the above negativity and sweep history under the carpet and be totally positive from now on. When's the Matlock fixture?

A week tonight, Sheffield FC before that on Tuesday

#257 User is offline   KevG 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:19 PM

clarevoyant., on 29 June 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Have the pain-killers finally kicked in Mick?? You need some of the relief that is only served by attractive bar-staff and comes in pint glasses,,,,,

#258 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Played for and scored for Wales U21s tonight.

#259 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

What a tool. Wants to make his mind up

#260 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

CFC91, on 01 September 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

What a tool. Wants to make his mind up

You'd imagine he's no where near the England u21 squad, and with Shef Utd being loaded with quality strikers, he'll not get much first team game time to change that this season.

Presumably, Rob Page will have been chewing his ear, too.

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users