#1 User is offline   Steve 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC
    Snowboarding
    Ale and alcohol in general

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hi, i've been a reader of the forum for a while and tried joining last weekend however instantly got banned? its not a big deal, i just wondered why i was instantly banned? i registered with the same username and the email ____________. ta

This post has been edited by Denny: 31 July 2011 - 05:14 PM
Reason for edit: removed email address from the full view of the internet

#2 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

Is it because you post the same thread twice? :lol:
President HubbardPosted Image

#3 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

Hey Steve,
If your account was just deleted on registering, erm, Sorry, that looks like it was a mistake by one of the admins.
Along with the new members, we get between 20 and 50 spammer's trying to register on the site per day. We have to manually check and remove these to protect everyone who uses this messageboard, it's the same process we use to approve accounts.

Most spammers use 'Nonsense' Email addresses or random bits of words and numbers with the occasional normal name chucked in for good measure.
Many are obvious, any that aren't are checked against lists of spammers as well as IP addresses before we approve the accounts.
The problem is for us, is that when you have a less obvious email address like yours, it can get missed as we check through all the new members. I guess this is what will have happened last weekend, i can see that 52 accounts that were removed that day.
All i can do is apologise, it was nothing personal, just a check box too many clicked.

I know it's no comfort, I think the process is right to err in the favour of stopping malicious accounts, which obviously yours isn't, but if i had to choose which way to err, i would choose ruining one person's day and have them re-apply rather than ruining a few thousand peoples day by having virus riddled links posted, then I think we should go for the needs of the many.

Apologies once again.

Denny

For anyone else thinking of registering, if you use your normal email and your user name/ something cfc or town related, it's much easier for us to spot you in the crowd of new members when you are registering.
Also, when you are registering and waiting to be approved, you can actually post in the messageboard issues forum, if you want to say hi and let us know you are normal human being and not a spambot from the future!

#4 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

Denny, I am sure that most people won't have realised that they can post in the messageboard issues forum whilst awaiting on their account verification, would it be a good idea to mention that in the welcome email? Or is it already mentioned?

#5 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

How did R2D2 slip the net then? :lol:
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#6 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

View PostHaslandboi, on 31 July 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

Denny, I am sure that most people won't have realised that they can post in the messageboard issues forum whilst awaiting on their account verification, would it be a good idea to mention that in the welcome email? Or is it already mentioned?
shouldnt worry i get it all the time pmsl

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users