• You cannot reply to this topic

Just A Rumour Oldham v Halifax

#101 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:36 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 08:24 AM, said:

You'd have to go to Halifax to get a ticket as they are only on sale in person there and not available from Chesterfield.
https://fchalifaxtow...new-date-venue/

Oldham are selling online perhaps he could sit with them if they have a collect from away stadium option that we sometimes employ.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#102 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:41 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 16 April 2024 - 08:35 AM, said:

I know. I would go but the irony being that o'dams reputation enhanced at the SMH deprived many town fans going to o'dam and are now culpable for us not being able to go to our own gaff. Shear lunacy.

I doubt either club considered Chesterfield fans wanting to go and probably rightly so, its nothing to do with our club other than we are acting as Halifax's home ground and the fact town fans cant buy tickets shouldnt really be a surprise. Its as much to do with the fact its a game not involving us as it is anything to do with Oldhams reputation.

#103 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:47 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 08:41 AM, said:

I doubt either club considered Chesterfield fans wanting to go and probably rightly so, its nothing to do with our club other than we are acting as Halifax's home ground and the fact town fans cant buy tickets shouldnt really be a surprise. Its as much to do with the fact its a game not involving us as it is anything to do with Oldhams reputation.

Really?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#104 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:54 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 16 April 2024 - 08:47 AM, said:

Really?

Yeh the game is nothing to do with us so why should they consider sales for chesterfield fans and have added complication of third party fans there that are nothing to do with either club actually playing. If we hosted a cup semi final or final as a neutral ground we wouldnt sell tickets for it either. We are just stepping in to host the game to get it played.

#105 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:11 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 08:41 AM, said:

So uou've never watched a game of football that has nothing yo do with Chesterfield?
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#106 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:52 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 08:54 AM, said:

Yeh the game is nothing to do with us so why should they consider sales for chesterfield fans and have added complication of third party fans there that are nothing to do with either club actually playing. If we hosted a cup semi final or final as a neutral ground we wouldnt sell tickets for it either. We are just stepping in to host the game to get it played.

We'll see how many turn up if/when we host the likes of Real Betis again.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#107 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 10:19 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 16 April 2024 - 09:52 AM, said:

I'm with you. I was desperate to play £21 to watch Halifax v Oldham in what could be a dead rubber by Thursday. I feel cheated by the NL, TNT, CFC, Halifax, Aldershot, Oldham last night's referee.......Solihull.....
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#108 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 16 April 2024 - 10:22 AM

Its not unreasonable to assume a few town fans might want to go to this game. I doubt it will be a substantial number but it would be more weird if there wasnt any at all.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#109 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 10:25 AM

View Postazul, on 16 April 2024 - 10:19 AM, said:

I'm with you. I was desperate to play £21 to watch Halifax v Oldham in what could be a dead rubber by Thursday. I feel cheated by the NL, TNT, CFC, Halifax, Aldershot, Oldham last night's referee.......Solihull.....

You little devil.

How do you know its 21 quid?
Surely there's a concession price

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 16 April 2024 - 10:26 AM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#110 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 10:33 AM

No it's £21 on Halifax site and it's their "Home" game.
I would go if I could sit in a neutral area or with the Halifax fans

#111 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 10:42 AM

I do hope the teams run out to We are the champions.

#112 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 10:43 AM

View Postborn in 1866, on 16 April 2024 - 09:11 AM, said:

So uou've never watched a game of football that has nothing yo do with Chesterfield?

Been to loads all over europe but each time i've purchased a ticket via the home club that was playing at their normal home ground. This hosting of Halifax is slightly different in that we are letting them use the ground and Halifax are the "home" team who will be sorting the ticket sales. I wouldnt expect us to get involved in any ticket sales as the game is nothing to do with us and its down to the "home" team to facilitate ticket sales. Halifax dont appear to have an online ticket portal so they can only sell tickets in person, we have no option for pay on the gate as our turnstiles are unmanned so no option for pay on the day as Halifax wont want to get involved with selling via our ticket windows so no sales on the day seems perfectly sensible.

View Postclarevoyant., on 16 April 2024 - 09:52 AM, said:

They are not really comparable games to this one. Two foreign teams and we would sell the tickets for it.

#113 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 11:02 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 10:43 AM, said:

Been to loads all over europe but each time i've purchased a ticket via the home club that was playing at their normal home ground. This hosting of Halifax is slightly different in that we are letting them use the ground and Halifax are the "home" team who will be sorting the ticket sales. I wouldnt expect us to get involved in any ticket sales as the game is nothing to do with us and its down to the "home" team to facilitate ticket sales. Halifax dont appear to have an online ticket portal so they can only sell tickets in person, we have no option for pay on the gate as our turnstiles are unmanned so no option for pay on the day as Halifax wont want to get involved with selling via our ticket windows so no sales on the day seems perfectly sensible.

They are not really comparable games to this one. Two foreign teams and we would sell the tickets for it.

If you like watching football, they are both football matches and one of the games is competitive(at the moment, could be very competetive or not you take that risk). The host club could quite easy sell tickets for neutrals in one (neutral) stand only. Doubting either club expected town fans would want to attend is total folly. There will be an empty stand losing money which could have been populated by law abiding football fans, but can't because of potential #@£^×# by some lancasterian knuckledraggers.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#114 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 11:18 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 16 April 2024 - 11:02 AM, said:

If you like watching football, they are both football matches and one of the games is competitive(at the moment, could be very competetive or not you take that risk). The host club could quite easy sell tickets for neutrals in one (neutral) stand only. Doubting either club expected town fans would want to attend is total folly. There will be an empty stand losing money which could have been populated by law abiding football fans, but can't because of potential #@£^×# by some lancasterian knuckledraggers.

Lets not forget that a few of our own tried to get involved as well out of the west stand, one banned and fined due to it. I think its pretty sensible and likely a requirement by police that a third set of fans arent there to complicate things. I presume accrington werent selling to their fans for tonights game they are hosting? I like football and watch plenty but i have no interest in spending £21 to watch Halifax and Oldham in potentially a dead rubber in this hole of a league we are finally getting out of. Tickets to watch Marseille v Betis were a tenner in comparison!

This post has been edited by JonB: 16 April 2024 - 11:21 AM

#115 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 11:47 AM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2024 - 11:18 AM, said:

Lets not forget that a few of our own tried to get involved as well out of the west stand, one banned and fined due to it. I think its pretty sensible and likely a requirement by police that a third set of fans arent there to complicate things. I presume accrington werent selling to their fans for tonights game they are hosting? I like football and watch plenty but i have no interest in spending £21 to watch Halifax and Oldham in potentially a dead rubber in this hole of a league we are finally getting out of. Tickets to watch Marseille v Betis were a tenner in comparison!

So you are now veering towards the theory that town fans can't go because of the reputation of o'dam fans. Look at it another way if Thursday game had been Halifax v Ebbsfleet the powers that be would have been encouraging neutral fans to attend to boost the gate. Just because one person doesn't want to fork out £21 doesn't mean everyone is of the same mind. The ones i've spoken too, the majority would have gone if only they had had the option. Having the option would have been nice. At least all the clubs who turned down the chance of staging this match for obvious reasons don't have these concerns.
You have to have a bit of sympathy for Halifax what a game to have to find an alternative venue for.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#116 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 12:20 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 16 April 2024 - 11:47 AM, said:

So you are now veering towards the theory that town fans can't go because of the reputation of o'dam fans. Look at it another way if Thursday game had been Halifax v Ebbsfleet the powers that be would have been encouraging neutral fans to attend to boost the gate. Just because one person doesn't want to fork out £21 doesn't mean everyone is of the same mind. The ones i've spoken too, the majority would have gone if only they had had the option. Having the option would have been nice. At least all the clubs who turned down the chance of staging this match for obvious reasons don't have these concerns.
You have to have a bit of sympathy for Halifax what a game to have to find an alternative venue for.

Interestingly Accrington aren’t pushing the game tonight…not even a mention of it on their website or Twitter feed. They do have a game but not everyone will be going to Mansfield to watch them.

I have every sympathy for Halifax having to finish the season this way but I can see why they are keeping it as simple as possible and likely trying to keep costs down as well. If they are paying for in ground security presumably via the third party security we now use the last thing they’ll want is extra security needed because another stand has been opened for chesterfield fans to go along.

#117 User is offline   Doolan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 12:25 PM

I find it very concerning that anyone would want to pay money to watch Oldham v Halifax. If anyone is that desperate to get out the house then I would be happy to go for a pint or game of badminton on Thursday. Let me know, cheers. Its ok to not be ok xxx

#118 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 12:36 PM

View PostDoolan, on 16 April 2024 - 12:25 PM, said:

I find it very concerning that anyone would want to pay money to watch Oldham v Halifax. If anyone is that desperate to get out the house then I would be happy to go for a pint or game of badminton on Thursday. Let me know, cheers. Its ok to not be ok xxx

Badminton sounds energetic. Beer Parlour 6.30. Are you male or female?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#119 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 12:41 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 16 April 2024 - 11:47 AM, said:

Sympathy for Halifax? For not being able to have a workable pitch to ensure their games are played on? Nah

#120 User is offline   Doolan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 01:39 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 16 April 2024 - 12:36 PM, said:

Badminton sounds energetic. Beer Parlour 6.30. Are you male or female?

Sorry don’t like parlour the plywood toilets give me flashback to when me I was fitting kitchens with my uncle for a few weeks. I lost my gloves even though I knew he’d nicked them he said I’d thrown them in the skip and wouldn’t get me any more unless I paid it out of my wages. But I was actually paying him it turned out coz I was giving him petrol money to pick me up every morning and getting paid in snap not actual money. Won’t ever make that mistake again

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users