Bob's Board: Sas Reports Reveal Troubling Pattern Of Suspicious Deaths In Afghanistan - Bob's Board

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sas Reports Reveal Troubling Pattern Of Suspicious Deaths In Afghanistan Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:51 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62083196

Oh dear. This looks pretty grim, anyone else seen it?

The Ministry of Defence said British troops were held to the highest standards. "No new evidence has been presented, but the Service Police will consider any allegations should new evidence come to light," a spokesperson said.

Held to the highest standard indeed. Sounds like our SAS have been slaughtering cowering innocent people.

#2 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:56 AM

View PostGoku, on 12 July 2022 - 08:51 AM, said:

Held to the highest standard indeed. Sounds like our SAS have been slaughtering cowering innocent people.

Saw this earlier. Not a good read.

#3 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:03 AM

Its very alarming and incredibly sensitive and like you say, its pretty grim.

Sadly these days peoples perception of how the SAS operate is gained from these stupid reality TV shows. They have an incredibly difficult job which is why not many people get to do it.

Their tactics are not for the faint hearted. A very good friend of mine was three days away from being awarded the SAS beret and he sacked it off, out of a intake of around 300 he was one of seven left, course complete in the last week which was just admin. He had been to hell and back during the selection process but at the end he couldn't do it. He said his conscience wouldn't let him. It was the thought of killing women and children who may have got in the way he had problems with.

A woman or child walking towards you with a bomb strapped to them can only end one way.

There will always be bad apples in any walk of life.

#4 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 July 2022 - 03:41 PM

They are at the ferry pinpoint of military duties, the slightest slip up would probably see they themselves tortured and mutilated. Unfortunately in war, particularly anti terror operations we are best not knowing. I wonder how many terror attacks the SAS have prevented over the years?
Like the line from Col Jessop in “A Few Good Men” and I paraphrase..”don’t sleep soundly under the blanket of protection I provide and then question how I provide it, I’d rather you just said Thankyou.”
East stand second class citizen.

#5 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 12 July 2022 - 03:49 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 12 July 2022 - 03:41 PM, said:

They are at the ferry pinpoint of military duties, the slightest slip up would probably see they themselves tortured and mutilated. Unfortunately in war, particularly anti terror operations we are best not knowing. I wonder how many terror attacks the SAS have prevented over the years?
Like the line from Col Jessop in “A Few Good Men” and I paraphrase..”don’t sleep soundly under the blanket of protection I provide and then question how I provide it, I’d rather you just said Thankyou.”

No thanks, I'd rather be aware if our military are gunning down unarmed people and then attempting to cover their tracks with clearly bogus stories.

Baffling views, Mark. Truly baffling, but unfortunately not surprising.

#6 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 July 2022 - 03:55 PM

View PostGoku, on 12 July 2022 - 03:49 PM, said:

No thanks, I'd rather be aware if our military are gunning down unarmed people and then attempting to cover their tracks with clearly bogus stories.

Sorry it wasn’t aimed directly at you, more of a broad stroke that people with no front line military knowledge or expertise, myself included, are sometimes better not knowing how our security is maintained.
The bravado and tally ho chaps portrayed in those old black and white films is far from reality. Saving Private Ryan, the first scenes especially, probably give a better view.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 12 July 2022 - 03:57 PM

#7 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 12 July 2022 - 04:00 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 12 July 2022 - 03:55 PM, said:

Sorry it wasn’t aimed directly at you, more of a broad stroke that people with no front line military knowledge or expertise, myself included, are sometimes better not knowing how our security is maintained.
The bravado and tally ho chaps portrayed in those old black and white films is far from reality. Saving Private Ryan, the first scenes especially, probably give a better view.

No probs, I know it wasn't aimed at me but it reads to me that you're suggesting we shrug our shoulders when incidents like this occur. It doesn't matter how tough the job is, you can't just gun down unarmed folk and then attempt to (badly) cover your tracks. Except, you can, because apparently they seem to have gotten away with it.

#8 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 04:24 PM

View PostGoku, on 12 July 2022 - 04:00 PM, said:

No probs, I know it wasn't aimed at me but it reads to me that you're suggesting we shrug our shoulders when incidents like this occur. It doesn't matter how tough the job is, you can't just gun down unarmed folk and then attempt to (badly) cover your tracks. Except, you can, because apparently they seem to have gotten away with it.

Having read the report I must admit I some of it I does appear to be disturbing, but I’d still rather be reading a report than out there in a report.

#9 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 12 July 2022 - 06:24 PM

Much of the evidence is based at the height of round strikes in a wall. The BBC believe they are very low indicating people were shot and killed whilst laying/sitting.

When an SAS team are dropped in a location they are briefed on exactly what they need to do. It’s all intelligence based. “Go in this room and kill all the occupants then get out”. Anyone who gets in their way will more than likely be treated as a threat.

Obviously I’m not condoning murder and I never would. If it’s happened then the perpetrators should be hunted down and dealt with but the BBC definitely should not be judge and jury.

It’s the side of our military forces that’s not very attractive but killing is necessary to stop many more deaths. They have to do it because we don’t have what it takes.

#10 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 12 July 2022 - 06:34 PM

View PostQuaker, on 12 July 2022 - 06:24 PM, said:

Much of the evidence is based at the height of round strikes in a wall. The BBC believe they are very low indicating people were shot and killed whilst laying/sitting.

You’ve sidestepped the numerous reports of captured individuals magically managing to get their hands on weapons, on a seemingly constant basis. This didn’t happen anywhere else, in any other camps. Sure, the BBC shouldn’t be judge and juror - who should be, then? The people who were there, who would have a vested interest in any wrongdoing being covered up?

Just seen it’s on iplayer, sounds like it’ll be worth a watch

This post has been edited by Goku: 12 July 2022 - 06:40 PM

#11 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:09 PM

View PostGoku, on 12 July 2022 - 06:34 PM, said:

You’ve sidestepped the numerous reports of captured individuals magically managing to get their hands on weapons, on a seemingly constant basis. This didn’t happen anywhere else, in any other camps. Sure, the BBC shouldn’t be judge and juror - who should be, then? The people who were there, who would have a vested interest in any wrongdoing being covered up?

Just seen it’s on iplayer, sounds like it’ll be worth a watch

I’m only going on what I saw as physical evidence. My take is the went in that room and shot and killed everyone in there, no questions asked which is what they get paid to do.

As for the other witness evidence I’ve not seen it but it can be unreliable. I’m not saying it is, just that it can be.

Everyone should be answerable for their actions but I can’t bring myself to believe everything I see on the BBC. If there has been wrong doing it will be investigated, in fact I think it already has.

I will probably watch it on iPlayer later as I have some work to do on my bike. I’ll definitely watch it though.

#12 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:41 PM

Some of the folk being disgusted by this story and calling for these guys to be sent to prison, will be the same people, at protests/festivals, wearing Lenin and Stalin t-shirts....

#13 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:44 PM

Based on the ever reliable BBC Panorama Haha.

#14 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:50 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 12 July 2022 - 08:41 PM, said:

Some of the folk being disgusted by this story and calling for these guys to be sent to prison, will be the same people, at protests/festivals, wearing Lenin and Stalin t-shirts....

Defending a country is a secretive messy business, fair play to those with the minerals to do it.

#15 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:54 PM

I'd love to know who these individuals are they have apparently spoken to who observed the SAS killing unarmed innocent people are.

#16 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 08:59 PM

Looking back at your original point…
“Held to the highest standard indeed. Sounds like our SAS have been slaughtering cowering innocent people”
In the words of many a post on here….SMEAR.
Thankfully I’d imagine the vast majority of the UK public are pretty happy with the SAS.
I know I am.

#17 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:20 PM

View PostGoku, on 12 July 2022 - 03:49 PM, said:

Not baffling really..just pretty pleased they’re on our side.

#18 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:28 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 12 July 2022 - 08:54 PM, said:

I'd love to know who these individuals are they have apparently spoken to who observed the SAS killing unarmed innocent people are.

I bet you would. I imagine if their identities were made public something similar would happen to them, so obviously you won’t.

#19 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:32 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 12 July 2022 - 08:59 PM, said:

Looking back at your original point…
“Held to the highest standard indeed. Sounds like our SAS have been slaughtering cowering innocent people”
In the words of many a post on here….SMEAR.
Thankfully I’d imagine the vast majority of the UK public are pretty happy with the SAS.
I know I am.

Yes because criticism of a select group of SAS members is criticism of the entire SAS, well done

To be fair, I imagine if they were caught on camera gunning down unarmed women and children you’d come up with some excuse for them and give them the benefit of the doubt. After all, they’re wearing the flag, and I know how much you like flags.

View PostMisnomer, on 12 July 2022 - 08:41 PM, said:

You’re running out of material

This post has been edited by Goku: 12 July 2022 - 09:31 PM

#20 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:37 PM

View PostGoku, on 12 July 2022 - 09:30 PM, said:

Yes because criticism of a select group of SAS members is criticism of the entire SAS, well done

To be fair, I imagine if they were caught on camera gunning down unarmed women and children you’d come up with some excuse for them and give them the benefit of the doubt. After all, they’re wearing the flag, and I know how much you like flags.

Like I say I make no excuses for being quite happy they’re on our side. You seem too hasty to down cry an element of the British army that are held in much esteem the World over.
And I dare say all members of the British military, the SAS included, quite like our flag, so much so they’re prepared to die for it. Maybe tell a member of the SAS, or indeed any member of our armed forces that they’re a flag shagger or sarcastically point out they quite like our flag!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users