Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Postcard from Bazza. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Postcard from Bazza.

#1 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

Greetings from sunny Spain.

Ayup all, just a quick note to tell you i arrived ok, the weather is grand and i'm sat by the pool supping a sangria. Apparently things are going from bad to worse at home what with this credit crutch (or whatever they call it) affecting everyone's cash, but it's nice to know i can sit back and relax 'cos my dosh is safe and sound and i'll get it back plus interest no matter what. By the way, has you know who been in touch about you know what? It's about time he got his finger out and got things sorted 'cos them Tesco chappies have been on again saying there's some bl00dy big cheques want signing soon and it ain't gonna be me that's signing them! Anyway, must rush 'cos it's nearly happy hour.

Cheerio

BH.

PS: Oh, nearly forgot, someone told me that we lost again on Saturday but tell Rico and that funny looking fella that knocks about with him not to worry. Them bl00dy idiots on the terraces are never happy so tell him to do what i do and just ignore them. A couple of wins and they'll all come trotting back anyway.

See you in three weeks.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Living the dream as a life long Spireite :-)

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 10:59 AM, said:

Ayup all, just a quick note to tell you i arrived ok, the weather is grand and i'm sat by the pool supping a sangria. Apparently things are going from bad to worse at home what with this credit crutch (or whatever they call it) affecting everyone's cash, but it's nice to know i can sit back and relax 'cos my dosh is safe and sound and i'll get it back plus interest no matter what. By the way, has you know who been in touch about you know what? It's about time he got his finger out and got things sorted 'cos them Tesco chappies have been on again saying there's some bl00dy big cheques want signing soon and it ain't gonna be me that's signing them! Anyway, must rush 'cos it's nearly happy hour.

Cheerio

BH.

PS: Oh, nearly forgot, someone told me that we lost again on Saturday but tell Rico and that funny looking fella that knocks about with him not to worry. Them bl00dy idiots on the terraces are never happy so tell him to do what i do and just ignore them. A couple of wins and they'll all come trotting back anyway.

See you in three weeks.

What a waste of a thread. Grow up.
The One, The Only, Sir Gregor Robertson

#3 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 1 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

Oh get a sense of humour Lesley.

Do i have to litter a post with smiley icons to let everyone know it's tongue in cheek?

#4 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 1 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

The problem is, Blubbard knows a lot about Business, and nothing about football, even if he sacks Richardson, he will replace him with another cheap option.

Hoare (400)

PS Does it say anything in the postcard about him being able to loosen his money belt suffficiently enough to get sun tan lotion on his belly??

This post has been edited by Hoare (400): 01 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

#5 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 11:10 AM, said:

Oh get a sense of humour Lesley.

Do i have to litter a post with smiley icons to let everyone know it's tongue in cheek?

Your constant digs at Hubbard are pathetic. And are very boring to read.

#6 User is offline   mouldred 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

Cheerio

BH.

See you in three weeks.

Nice one :wacko: :lol: :lol: :lol:

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 1 2008, 11:18 AM, said:

no it isnt - its a laugh for petes sake :huh:
There's only one Trevor Hebberd!

#7 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:39 AM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 1 2008, 11:18 AM, said:

So, let's get serious then: do you think he's doing a good job?

#8 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 11:39 AM, said:

So, let's get serious then: do you think he's doing a good job?

SOME aspects of the job he his doing fantastic. Some he his doing shocking.

He has kept us on a level footing financially. Despite pressure he hasnt pushed us to the limit for the sake of promotion. He as gave us a solid ground to work on. He as continued with his efforts for a new ground and that we must be grateful for.

However the fans are his bread and butter so to speak and he hasnt always made decisions to refelct that. He has kept a very unpopular manager in charge. Which has reduced attendances quite a bit.

#9 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

Cheerio

BH.

See you in three weeks.

That part is probably true.

Nice effort Chris, it did make me smile. :wacko:
If only....

#10 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 1 2008, 11:54 AM, said:

He has kept us on a level footing financially. Despite pressure he hasnt pushed us to the limit for the sake of promotion. He as gave us a solid ground to work on. He as continued with his efforts for a new ground and that we must be grateful for.

However the fans are his bread and butter so to speak and he hasnt always made decisions to refelct that. He has kept a very unpopular manager in charge. Which has reduced attendances quite a bit.

Okay, thanks for a sensible answer, infact i'd probably concur to a degree.

But Lesley.....lighten up a bit?

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 October 2008 - 11:27 AM

#11 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:27 AM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 1 2008, 11:54 AM, said:

Up until last season, when we ran at a sizable loss, and look like doing the same this season if gates stay as they are.

Fair play to `ma` he put his money where his mouth was in the clubs hour of need, and I wont knock him for that.
A new hope.

#12 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:46 AM

Cheerio

BH.

See you in three weeks.

Chris,

I've been meaning to ask you for sometime, what did you say to Rush at the final whistle against Brentford? I think his finger was wagging at you and he told you to clear off.

#13 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

Cheerio

BH.

See you in three weeks.
I GOT MY POSTCARD FROM BARRY IN FACT HES ASKED ME TO STAY A WEEK WITH HIM WARFEY

#14 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

Cheerio

BH.

See you in three weeks.

Chris, i thought that was very apt and funny. He's right, Lesley, lighten up.

#15 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Oct 1 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

Chris,

I've been meaning to ask you for sometime, what did you say to Rush at the final whistle against Brentford? I think his finger was wagging at you and he told you to clear off.

MP
Could this be a case of mistaken identity?

I'm not sure who 'Rush' is and if anyone was giving me stick after the final whistle on Saturday they obviously wasted their time, as i was oblivious to it. I was one of many that (ahem) expressed their disatisfaction towards LR, i applauded Downesey for his display and the fact that he always applauds the fans, then made my way out amongst folk that seemed equally as 'urinated' off as me.

Then it was a depressing post mortem in the 'Mow.

Sorry i can't be more helpfull.

#16 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

Cheerio

BH.

See you in three weeks.

You really think crap like this is helpful, as I have said in a previous thread, saying something for the sake of it.

Use your energies to get in your car, go to Morcambe support the lads and remenber what this is really all about.

I do, even though its killing me at the moment knowing we can and should be doing so much better.

We all know we need a new manager, but garbage like this is just pointless, a bit like your rumours.

This post has been edited by Valley Boy Kopite: 01 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

#17 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 06:25 PM, said:

MP
Could this be a case of mistaken identity?

I'm not sure who 'Rush' is and if anyone was giving me stick after the final whistle on Saturday they obviously wasted their time, as i was oblivious to it. I was one of many that (ahem) expressed their disatisfaction towards LR, i applauded Downesey for his display and the fact that he always applauds the fans, then made my way out amongst folk that seemed equally as 'urinated' off as me.

Then it was a depressing post mortem in the 'Mow.

Sorry i can't be more helpfull.

chris i think hes on about me when i heckled rush thinking ure me lol

#18 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Oct 1 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

You really think crap like this is helpful, as I have said in a previous thread, saying something for the sake of it.

Use your energies to get in your car, go to Morcambe support the lads and remenber what this is really all about.

I do, even though its killing me at the moment knowing we can and should be doing so much better.

We all know we need a new manager, but garbage like this is just pointless, a bit like your rumours.

So does everyone that posts on this site say "something for the sake of it"?

Or is it just me.

By the way, a simple glance tells you that there's folk with far more posts to their name than me.

Another example of your personal issues with me coming to the fore?

Ahhh, bless.

#19 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 06:39 PM, said:

So does everyone that posts on this site say "something for the sake of it"?

Or is it just me.

By the way, a simple glance tells you that there's folk with far more posts to their name than me.

Another example of your personal issues with me coming to the fore?

Ahhh, bless.

Quite true but they have been posting for three years not 8 months.

Will we see you at Morcambe?

#20 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Oct 1 2008, 06:41 PM, said:

Quite true but they have been posting for three years not 8 months.

Will we see you at Morcambe?

Oh dear: please tell me you're not gonna go down the "you don't go to away games so you're not a true supporter" route.

Surely no one stoops to those levels anymore.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users