• You cannot reply to this topic

Radio Sheffield Crisis, WHAT Crisis?

#41 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:41 AM

View Postsophocles, on Sep 30 2008, 11:32 PM, said:

You should know by now that you won't get anywhere on here by taking a balanced, reasoned, sensible stance. Some people just have to totally overreact to setbacks, and are daft enough to believe that bleating " sack the manager " will work as a miracle cure - it really is utterly pathetic. The truth is that we have a good squad for the level we are at, that we have played a lot of excellent passing football at times this season, that we are very inconsistent, with a weakness at the back, and a puzzling and infuriating habit of conceding very early goals. This is not a crisis, with the small number of games played so far, and I would not be at all surprised to see us go on a very successful run. In fact, just to irritate the terminal whingers who plague and disgrace this club, I'll predict an unbeaten run over our next seven matches.

How many games have you gone to this season?

Are you actually saying that in 2 matches time we may have less than 2500 home fans and that is not a "crisis"

This post has been edited by Valley Boy Kopite: 01 October 2008 - 06:41 AM

#42 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

View Postmoondog, on Sep 30 2008, 11:56 PM, said:

We managed to beat Grimsby at the time we only had one striker

As for the home game we out played them and Rico can't be blamed for Tommy Lee's error, but in hindsight shouldn't have took Jack off thinking the game was won.

Scoring three goals away from home is always good whatever the opposition.

Shame you didn't remember the Rotherham match when you picked up the phone earlier tonight

but lost he was let

Of course Richardson can be blamed for Tommy Lee - he's the bloke that made the desperation signing of him! Besides, are you suggesting that we failed to progress, at home, with Jack on the field, against one of the worst sides in the league, simply because of one error?

Yes we scored three against Barnet - which is one more than we've scored at home all season!

Shame you coveniently ignore the Bury, Wycombe, Dagenham, Rochdale and Brentford games when offering your excuses.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#43 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:19 PM

View Postmoondog, on Sep 30 2008, 11:56 PM, said:

Shame you didn't remember the Rotherham match when you picked up the phone earlier tonight

WEVE LOST SEVEN OF THE TEN GAMES PLAYED SO FAR.

Our form for 2008 is atricious and worst of all there are no real signs its going to get any better. You carry on about the Rotherham match but that I'm afraid was the exception rather than the rule.

Irrespective of whether we can come back or not the damage hs been done. Just look at the attendances, the fans have lost faith in him and I genuinely believe that no matter what happens the die has been cast. He's tarnished goods now.

So even if its not a decision based on the woeful results, surely from a purely fiscal perspective Richardson is causing serious damage to the club both in declining gate revenue and the fact he will be paying some big wages to players who we arent getting our moneys worth from.

I wonder how far this club has to sink before you think some kind of action is required.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#44 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 1 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

WEVE LOST SEVEN OF THE TEN GAMES PLAYED SO FAR.

Our form for 2008 is atricious and worst of all there are no real signs its going to get any better. You carry on about the Rotherham match but that I'm afraid was the exception rather than the rule.

Irrespective of whether we can come back or not the damage hs been done. Just look at the attendances, the fans have lost faith in him and I genuinely believe that no matter what happens the die has been cast. He's tarnished goods now.

So even if its not a decision based on the woeful results, surely from a purely fiscal perspective Richardson is causing serious damage to the club both in declining gate revenue and the fact he will be paying some big wages to players who we arent getting our moneys worth from.

I wonder how far this club has to sink before you think some kind of action is required.

well i've text them and email them already so no doubt it will be the first ones read out when they go on air.

#45 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Oct 1 2008, 04:10 PM, said:

well i've text them and email them already so no doubt it will be the first ones read out when they go on air.

It was a good email. No get some work done :wacko:

#46 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 1 2008, 04:22 PM, said:

It was a good email. No get some work done :D

only 30 min left 9-5 every day. not had a call for 90 min

#47 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 11:46 PM, said:

You mean the same Grimsby that've scored only three league goals all season, secured only three points and failed to win a single game? Mind you, they must be good, they somehow managed to get through to the second round of the paint pot cup. Hmmm, wonder who they beat....?

And that's the same grimsby who got to the final of the JPT last season.

As i see it BH will get slated by some whenever he goes on holiday. If he went in the summer people would say he's not here when we need to be signing players, or he's taking his eye of the new stadium, If he goes during the season he's not interested in the games. When is it ok for BH to have a holiday? He's entitled to spend time away just like the rest of us. And it's not like we are stuck in the dark ages and the only conact with the club is by telephone.

It could be that he wanted to take his holiday during the summer but needed to be here due to the signing of players and the ground move, and now the seaso has started and the planning permission is passed he now has time to go away, and can be back once we have reached a settled position in the league, say after 10 games, which is a more sensible time.

It was mentioned on here that Port Vale have acted fast to sack their manager so soon into the new season, they have since said that they can't afford to bring a manager in from outside the club, they can't afford to sign any players and are hoping that other clubs do them favours. The board have receiving abuse from sections of the fans for sacking Sinnott, and the board are now appealing for investment as they can't improve things.

PV have bigger gates than us, see themselves as a championship club, and are lower down the table than us. I'd say they are more in a crisis than us as they have done what many people want to happen at this club and find themselves in a worse state.

Given that we can't afford to bring in players how can we afford to sack rico and sellars after a measley 8 games, bring in a new manager outside the club, and strengthen the squad?

I can't see it, not unless the investor is in place soon, but we now that isn't going to happen either as he's gone on holiday too! If rico is sacked i assume people want Sellars to go to? That's two salaries to pay off.

We always struggle without jack, just like many other teams struggle without their best player. Jack is back from injury now, on saturday we have Jamie back too. We are still giving away silly goals (the most frustrating part of rico's reign as manager) but our club captain and the player that really ought to make the difference is back from suspension next week. We have Val to add to the team now he's a new signing that could be what we've been in need of since fletcher left. Lets give rico until 10 games before making a proper decision, we face an easier team this weekend and it'll be the first time for weeks that we'll have our first choice strike pairing available. If we lose to Morecambe it shouldn't be that long before people's wishes come true and Rico is dismissed, but 4 losses on the bounce, from 9 games played, could warrant dissmissal anywhere.

What we need to be sensible about is what we are able to do if rico is sacked at this stage of the season, is a change of face going to be enough to improve our results, cos without any further investment i don't see what a new manager will do. Lets see how we fair against Morecambe on saturday when we have key players back from injury and suspension.

#48 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

[quote name='sophocles' post='265547' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:32 PM']

"that we have played a lot of excellent passing football at times this season."

Are you serious? How many points have we got from this 'exciting football?' How come I've missed it?

"I'll predict an unbeaten run over our next seven matches."

Really?

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 01 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

#49 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Oct 1 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

Given that we can't afford to bring in players how can we afford to sack rico and sellars after a measley 8 games, bring in a new manager outside the club, and strengthen the squad?

All fine and dandy but Richardson has signed expensive players and one wonders how long we can survive on such poor gates. You hoping things might change is a recipe for disaster as all the time this situation remains unchecked our revenue will continue to drop.

The other factor that the board might consider is that their burying their heads in the sand attitude shows contempt for fan's genuine concerns. They would be wise to perhaps guage just how much their inaction (and indeed continued silence) is going to further damage relations between the fans. I think that if the current board are happy with what is going on then many fans will question just what ambition they have for this club and if its worth actually bothering with anymore.

I'm genuinely bemused as to why the board cant see how damaging things are as they stand. For the chairman to come out and say he took his eye of the ball is a noble gesture but it seems completely hollow when it seems he is doing the exact same thing.

I'm afraid all your arguments are nothing but clutching at straws. Who gives a crap about Port Vale, its Chesterfield we should be worried about and looking at the current situation, very worried indeed.

#50 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

Yeah so lets ignore what sacking a decent manager at another club has done, it hasn't solved the problem for them, so lets ignore it and concentrating on getting rid of rico. How bright you are!

#51 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Oct 1 2008, 04:45 PM, said:

Yeah so lets ignore what sacking a decent manager at another club has done, it hasn't solved the problem for them, so lets ignore it and concentrating on getting rid of rico. How bright you are!

Port Vale's high gates are based on high take up of low priced season tickets thus alot of their revenue has already been earnt and probably spent. Our revenue is going to be coming in over the course of the season and you cant get away from the fact that gates are dropping due to the apathy and disdain that surrounds the club. You surely cant argue that unchecked this situation can carry on for the rest of the season?

Port Vale are stumped because they have had their money, we will be more stumped because our money is yet to come in and they way things are its unlikely to be much. Port Vale are an irrelevance to our situation and the way you ignored all my other points to concentrate on them shows a man who is losing the argument.

#52 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 1 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

Port Vale's high gates are based on high take up of low priced season tickets thus alot of their revenue has already been earnt and probably spent. Our revenue is going to be coming in over the course of the season and you cant get away from the fact that gates are dropping due to the apathy and disdain that surrounds the club. You surely cant argue that unchecked this situation can carry on for the rest of the season?

Port Vale are stumped because they have had their money, we will be more stumped because our money is yet to come in and they way things are its unlikely to be much. Port Vale are an irrelevance to our situation and the way you ignored all my other points to concentrate on them shows a man who is losing the argument.

Remind me to trot that one out when you pick a few words out of my posts to concentrate on your doom and gloom.

Didn't realise we are having an argument. But i suppose seeing as you are always full of rage never able to take a balanced view you see all people who disagree with your posts as agrueing

#53 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

View PostCFC - S43, on Sep 30 2008, 11:09 PM, said:

I think you talk a lot of sense just lately Chris and well done for going on live radio and having your say.

Its always the same, some Town fans would be happy to watch Non-League football with 1800 fans turning up. Something needs saying and doing before it gets that bad, so well done for at least having your say.

Moondog - do you still think that Lee Richardson is the man to take Chesterfield F.C forward??? Do you think he is doing a good enough job so far this season???

i had my say to hubbard and got banned lol

#54 User is offline   Aspire_webby 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Oct 1 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

It isn't 8 games:

The 8 games this season have yielded 1.1 points per game. Almost exactly what the 24 games played in 2008 last season yielded (slightly over 1.2). Richardson's level of performance over enough games to represent 3/4ths of a season is uncomfortably close to relegation form. That's what concerns people. Any other interpretation of his performance is flying in the face of the facts.

In the 8 games of the 06/07 season following McFarlands sacking Richardson managed 0.9 points a game - not only worse than he has done in 2008 but worse than McFarland himself that season (just over 1). There still seem to be a belief that the Pre-christmas form we showed last season is the norm - it isn't. It's the exception.

This post has been edited by Aspire_webby: 01 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

#55 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

You are a rare species. A poster who believes Rico should stay.

Tell me, how far down the table do we have to drop before you see a problem?

OK Let's say I'm prepared to believe you. State your case. Tell me how good a manager he is.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 01 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

#56 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Oct 1 2008, 05:02 PM, said:

Remind me to trot that one out when you pick a few words out of my posts to concentrate on your doom and gloom.

Didn't realise we are having an argument. But i suppose seeing as you are always full of rage never able to take a balanced view you see all people who disagree with your posts as agrueing

argument - noun - 1 a quarrel or unfriendly discussion. 2 a reason for or against an idea, etc. 3 the use of reason in making decisions.

Just to help I'm using it to mean 2 or 3.

#57 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

See the record of results for 2008. Is that a decent manager?
A new hope.

#58 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 1 2008, 04:22 PM, said:

It was a good email. No get some work done :unsure:

notice how they didn't read it nor did they speak to any rotherham or chesterfield fans

#59 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:50 AM

View PostAlex Green, on Oct 2 2008, 08:58 AM, said:

notice how they didn't read it nor did they speak to any rotherham or chesterfield fans

Lee richardson isnt going anywhere = Chesterfield fc are'nt going anywhere.

Hoare (400)

#60 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

View Postdeath, on Sep 30 2008, 11:20 PM, said:

We have been in a bad patch since january, so for the last 9 months LR record is=

Played 31. Won 10 Lost 17 D4

Thats 34 points from 31 games this year. That my friend, is relegation form.

Roy Macs last 31 games in charge=

W8 D7 L 16

31 points from 31 games.

LR, in a lower division, with a far more competetive budget, is just 3 points better off than the period that saw Roy macfarland get the bullet.

That, for me, says all that needs to be said.

The home record over the last 30 games would make chilling reading I guess
Bring Sakashvili to justice

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users