Explain?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#22 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Sep 30 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

Here here he used to do it on peak, first caller on even if he had been to the game or not!

0114-279-6699.
Make sure you are first. The longer you keep talking, the less likely it is that Chris will get on.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 10:35 PM, said:

You don't need to attend every game to see that we've lost five out of eight (and two of those we won were against the bottom two sides in the league barring point deductions), we're sitting fourteenth in the league despite the high profile players signed, we've scored fewer and conceded more than this time last season, we've gone out of both cup competitions we've played in thus far at the first hurdle (Preston i can understand, but Grimsby at home?), and, most importantly of all, our crowds are at bankruptcy levels and falling.

Now, if i'd attended every away game for the last ten years would any of those statistics change?

And by the way, just how many Town games has any of the RS presenters seen this season?

Let me say this one more time: Barry Hubbard is entitled to go on holiday wherever and whenever he wants, but if he does so when the football club he's running is facing a crisis - and that's what's happening whether RS presenters like it or not - it sends an extremely negative message to the supporters.

Most clubs have a run of good form and bad, results are not always reflective of performance.

For a wordsmith you need to find a better word than crisis, even though you have done your best to create a self fulfilling prophecy, by spreading unsettling unsubstantiated rumours of player discontent that affects your credibility as a critic.

The number of games the presenters have seen was irrelevant to your argument that a Chairman shouldn't take a holiday, losing 3 games and 3 hundred fans against one of the least entertaining opponents in the division is not a crisis.

I think we should be re-assured that there is no panic over losing money at the moment, as this supports the belief that investment is on it's way.

I note you ignore positive rumours such as the local £8.4m lottery winner showing more interest in the club...

#24 User is offline   mouldred 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Sep 30 2008, 10:41 PM, said:

I am all for getting rid of Richardson but some of the players need to be following him because i don't see anything changing otherwise,bring it on i really want to see the magic work once Rico has gone,promotion will be a cert won't it,up up and away......

agree - Rico out wont be a panacea to our ills/crisis/slump whatever you want to call it

there are several players that need to step up to the plate based on their performances this season, the worrying thing for me is that IMO one or two of these are potentially BIG money BIG contract players that could be a drain on the club
There's only one Trevor Hebberd!

#25 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

View Postmoondog, on Sep 30 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

Most clubs have a run of good form and bad, results are not always reflective of performance.

For a wordsmith you need to find a better word than crisis, even though you have done your best to create a self fulfilling prophecy, by spreading unsettling unsubstantiated rumours of player discontent that affects your credibility as a critic.

The number of games the presenters have seen was irrelevant to your argument that a Chairman shouldn't take a holiday, losing 3 games and 3 hundred fans against one of the least entertaining opponents in the division is not a crisis.

I think we should be re-assured that there is no panic over losing money at the moment, as this supports the belief that investment is on it's way.

I note you ignore positive rumours such as the local £8.4m lottery winner showing more interest in the club...

When was our last run of good form?

So all our problems are down to me passing on a rumour?

Get your facts right - we've lost five games thus far, plus gone out of two cups. And if you think we've only lost three hundred fans, you'd better have another count.

One of the points i made was about a statement from the Club.

Isn't it hypocritical of you to criticise me for passing on certain rumours but then suggest i should get behind others?

View PostSaltergate Stu, on Sep 30 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

0114-279-6699.
Make sure you are first. The longer you keep talking, the less likely it is that Chris will get on.

Heh-heh-heh, quality.

#26 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

View PostSaltergate Stu, on Sep 30 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

0114-279-6699.

Thanks Stu :lol: I know the number I tend to phone in when things have built up over a period of time, then put my case forward of how I feel whats going right/wrong with the club. I wont go on week in week out just to hear the soung of my own voice. Im not that shallow :lol:

#27 User is offline   CFC - S43 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 11:02 PM, said:

When was our last run of good form?

So all our problems are down to me passing on a rumour?

Get your facts right - we've lost five games thus far, plus gone out of two cups. And if you think we've only lost three hundred fans, you'd better have another count.

One of the points i made was about a statement from the Club.

Isn't it hypocritical of you to criticise me for passing on certain rumours but then suggest i should get behind others?

Heh-heh-heh, quality.

I think you talk a lot of sense just lately Chris and well done for going on live radio and having your say.

Its always the same, some Town fans would be happy to watch Non-League football with 1800 fans turning up. Something needs saying and doing before it gets that bad, so well done for at least having your say.

Moondog - do you still think that Lee Richardson is the man to take Chesterfield F.C forward??? Do you think he is doing a good enough job so far this season???

#28 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

View Postmouldred, on Sep 30 2008, 10:51 PM, said:

Fair point MD, I know what youre getting at, but it aint a fair comparison is it?

I think it is, Chris was concerned because the Chairman missed a poor performance on Saturday, but wouldn't have raised such concerns had we won, something we are capable of doing.

A crisis on the playing side is consistently poor performances, we don't have that, we have Jekyll and hyde performances that need fixing, the manager is aware of his responsibilities and the price he will pay if he doesn't do this pretty quick, but the time for the axe isn't now.....in my opinion

View PostCFC - S43, on Sep 30 2008, 11:09 PM, said:

I think you talk a lot of sense just lately Chris and well done for going on live radio and having your say.

Its always the same, some Town fans would be happy to watch Non-League football with 1800 fans turning up. Something needs saying and doing before it gets that bad, so well done for at least having your say.

Moondog - do you still think that Lee Richardson is the man to take Chesterfield F.C forward??? Do you think he is doing a good enough job so far this season???

I've never said he is the man for the long term, and I do think he's underperformed this season but not to a level that warrants the level of criticism he is getting

This post has been edited by moondog: 30 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

#29 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

What people have to realise is CFC is not the main interest for most of the CFC directors. Now if Barrie was still running Hubbard's and sales were down, he'd lost a few regional magazine contracts, presses stood idle, cash flow not looking good, maybe he would regard the business as being in crisis and postpone the holiday, especially if his mortgage wasn't going to get paid at the end of the month unless things improved.

You can't blame Barrie for taking a holiday.

#30 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

View Postmoondog, on Sep 30 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

I think it is, Chris was concerned because the Chairman missed a poor performance on Saturday, but wouldn't have raised such concerns had we won, something we are capable of doing.

A crisis on the playing side is consistently poor performances, we don't have that, we have Jekyll and hyde performances that need fixing, the manager is aware of his responsibilities and the price he will pay if he doesn't do this pretty quick, but the time for the axe isn't now.....in my opinion

No, but not sufficiently bad to warrant the level of criticism he is getting

I would agree to a point. I think that he should have gone during early/mid March when we had really lost the plot following a start that I would have bet serious money on us at least getting a play off spot (good job I don't gamble). Having stuck by him then he needs a few more games but it can only be a few more otherwise the crowds will dwindle further.

I've only been to Barnet away this season and I am struggling to summon up any enthusiasm for more particularly as the 'Stoops' have now been badly hit by our slump in form.

#31 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

I've never said he is the man for the long term, and I do think he's underperformed this season but not to a level that warrants the level of criticism he is getting

We have been in a bad patch since january, so for the last 9 months LR record is=

Played 31. Won 10 Lost 17 D4

Thats 34 points from 31 games this year. That my friend, is relegation form.

Roy Macs last 31 games in charge=

W8 D7 L 16

31 points from 31 games.

LR, in a lower division, with a far more competetive budget, is just 3 points better off than the period that saw Roy macfarland get the bullet.

That, for me, says all that needs to be said.
A new hope.

#32 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

No, but not sufficiently bad to warrant the level of criticism he is getting

I find your "...wouldn't have raised such concerns had we won, something we are capable of doing." quite bewhildering.

If we were winning of course i wouldn't be concerned - infact critics such as myself would have no choice but to admit we were wrong!

But the simple truth is that we aren't winning, infact we're losing instead, as the league table tells us loud and clear.

And where do you get the idea that we are capable of winning? Scant evidence of that thus far this season.

#33 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 11:24 PM, said:

I find your "...wouldn't have raised such concerns had we won, something we are capable of doing." quite bewhildering.

If we were winning of course i wouldn't be concerned - infact critics such as myself would have no choice but to admit we were wrong!

But the simple truth is that we aren't winning, infact we're losing instead, as the league table tells us loud and clear.

And where do you get the idea that we are capable of winning? Scant evidence of that thus far this season.

Did you miss the previous home match, where we beat one of the form sides in the division ?

#34 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:31 PM

View Postmoondog, on Sep 30 2008, 11:28 PM, said:

Did you miss the previous home match, where we beat one of the form sides in the division ?

No, i was there, and thought we thoroughly deserved the win.

As i stated on RS at the time, by the way.

But if you're basing all your hopes on one game.....

#35 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

You should know by now that you won't get anywhere on here by taking a balanced, reasoned, sensible stance. Some people just have to totally overreact to setbacks, and are daft enough to believe that bleating " sack the manager " will work as a miracle cure - it really is utterly pathetic. The truth is that we have a good squad for the level we are at, that we have played a lot of excellent passing football at times this season, that we are very inconsistent, with a weakness at the back, and a puzzling and infuriating habit of conceding very early goals. This is not a crisis, with the small number of games played so far, and I would not be at all surprised to see us go on a very successful run. In fact, just to irritate the terminal whingers who plague and disgrace this club, I'll predict an unbeaten run over our next seven matches.

#36 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:36 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 11:31 PM, said:

No, i was there, and thought we thoroughly deserved the win.

As i stated on RS at the time, by the way.

But if you're basing all your hopes on one game.....

14 attempts on target to Rotherham's nil but nothing to do with Rico I guess as were the tactically astute win at Grimsby and entertaning and comfortable win at Barnet

#37 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:46 PM

View Postmoondog, on Sep 30 2008, 11:36 PM, said:

14 attempts on target to Rotherham's nil but nothing to do with Rico I guess as were the tactically astute win at Grimsby and entertaning and comfortable win at Barnet

You mean the same Grimsby that've scored only three league goals all season, secured only three points and failed to win a single game? Mind you, they must be good, they somehow managed to get through to the second round of the paint pot cup. Hmmm, wonder who they beat....?

I guess Richardson must've been taking a night off from being "tactically astute" when they were in Town.

And Barnet, those titans of the league, with four whole points on the board after their first win on Saturday.....against Grimsby.

Ah well, we'll always have Rotherham, i suppose.

#38 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

View Postsophocles, on Sep 30 2008, 11:32 PM, said:

You should know by now that you won't get anywhere on here by taking a balanced, reasoned, sensible stance. Some people just have to totally overreact to setbacks, and are daft enough to believe that bleating " sack the manager " will work as a miracle cure - it really is utterly pathetic. The truth is that we have a good squad for the level we are at, that we have played a lot of excellent passing football at times this season, that we are very inconsistent, with a weakness at the back, and a puzzling and infuriating habit of conceding very early goals. This is not a crisis, with the small number of games played so far, and I would not be at all surprised to see us go on a very successful run. In fact, just to irritate the terminal whingers who plague and disgrace this club, I'll predict an unbeaten run over our next seven matches.

I sincerely hope you are right and that the majority of those are wins. Our failure to win regularly at home against opposition that on the whole has been weaker, and certainly no stronger, is our major undoing and ultimately will be the manager's which over 18 months he has shown no real sign of resolving.

#39 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 11:46 PM, said:

You mean the same Grimsby that've scored only three league goals all season, secured only three points and failed to win a single game? Mind you, they must be good, they somehow managed to get through to the second round of the paint pot cup. Hmmm, wonder who they beat....?

I guess Richardson must've been taking a night off from being "tactically astute" when they were in Town.

And Barnet, those titans of the league, with four whole points on the board after their first win on Saturday.....against Grimsby.

Ah well, we'll always have Rotherham, i suppose.

We managed to beat Grimsby at the time we only had one striker

As for the home game we out played them and Rico can't be blamed for Tommy Lee's error, but in hindsight shouldn't have took Jack off thinking the game was won.

Scoring three goals away from home is always good whatever the opposition.

Shame you didn't remember the Rotherham match when you picked up the phone earlier tonight

but lost he was let

#40 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:07 AM

View Postsophocles, on Sep 30 2008, 11:32 PM, said:

Explain why,since the turn of the year(9months), why we have accrued just 34 points from 31 games?

Explain why, with 4/5 of the defensive unit replaced we are still making these same defensive errors?

Why do insist on contantly slagging off the fans of this club?

Did sacking the manager work for Bolton, Wigan, Doncaster and Fulham last season for example?

*edit* I will have a wager with you. We dont win 7 on the spin, and £50 to the players fund from the loser. For me its a winner either way. The club have 21 points more, well worth £50 of my money, or £50 of your money. What say you?

This post has been edited by death: 01 October 2008 - 03:09 AM

A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users