Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Definitely NOT another Jack rumour. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Definitely NOT another Jack rumour. But.....

#41 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Oct 1 2008, 12:01 AM, said:

Because you love hearing the sound of your own voice.

Bet if you are on Radio Sheffield you play it back to yourself over and over again in the evening.

Ah, so it's not reasons you're interested in, just persuing a personal grudge against me.

And you accuse me of having chips on my shoulders.

By the way, can you explain the difference between offering opinions on the radio, and offering them on here?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#42 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 10:30 AM, said:

Ah, so it's not reasons you're interested in, just persuing a personal grudge against me.

By the way, can you explain the difference between offering opinions on the radio, and offering them on here?

I always used to look forward to your summarising with Al in the car on the way home from Saltergate as you always offered an un-bias and fair summary of the games.

As Al used to say '..i've been joined by regular, Chris.......' I took it you'd walked up the steps to the press box too. Perhaps VBK cannot work that out?

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 01 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

#43 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Oct 1 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

I always used to look forward to your summarising with Al in the car on the way home from Saltergate as you always offered an un-bias and fair summary of the games.

As Al used to say '..i've been joined by regular, Chris.......' I took it you'd walked up the steps to the press box too. Perhaps VBK cannot work that out?

Thanks for that, SS.

I never mind if someone disagrees with my views, infact if someone thinks i talk a steaming pile of brown stuff then they're entitled to their opinion. The thing is though i wish they'd offer an alternative instead of simply insulting me, or denying me my right to say it. Anyone can turn 'round and say "Tha talks bollox", but surely the intelligent thing to do is say "Well i don't agree with 'A, B, and C', i think 'X, Y, and Z' instead".

It's called adult debate.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

#44 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 10:30 AM, said:

You can't have a debate with somebody who talks just for the sake of it.

I do not hold grudges life is to short.

One question though if you did not attend an event how can you pass comment? I find it staggering you used to go on and on about events you had not witnessed, thats why we all used to laugh at you.

#45 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Oct 1 2008, 06:17 PM, said:

You can't have a debate with somebody who talks just for the sake of it.

I do not hold grudges life is to short.

One question though if you did not attend an event how can you pass comment? I find it staggering you used to go on and on about events you had not witnessed, thats why we all used to laugh at you.

So, stepping easily over your feeble insults and repetition, i'll take that as a 'no'.

#46 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 06:30 PM, said:

So, stepping easily over your feeble insults and repetition, i'll take that as a 'no'.

If you ever want a debate roll the dice my friend.

#47 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Oct 1 2008, 06:34 PM, said:

If you ever want a debate roll the dice my friend.

Hold on a minute: on one hand you accuse me of talking for the sake of it, but on the other you want a debate.

Make your mind up 'my friend'.

And by the way, a debate is between two people offering different views, not between me asking questions and you repeating the same old insults over and over.

#48 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Oct 1 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

Me too, hence my `sat on big Als lap` comment.

IMO it also shows a fan with passion and commitment, most just go home.....

This post has been edited by death: 01 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

A new hope.

#49 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

View Postdeath, on Oct 1 2008, 06:55 PM, said:

Me too, hence my `sat on big Als lap` comment.

IMO it also shows a fan with passion and commitment, most just go home.....

Look, i didn't really want to go this far, but obviously Valley Boy has some sort of hard-on regarding my appearing on Peak so i'll clear things up.

Al was, and still is a mate of mine. I also knew Naz, the chap that used to present the phone-in. Given that there was usually a lull between the lines opening and callers being lined up, we agreed between us that i'd do five minutes just to have something going out. And that was for home and away games.

It really was no big deal and i'll repeat what i've said before: if anyone can point out where i've gone into detail about a game i've not attended then i'd be absolutely amazed, as i consciously avoided doing so. But if they've simply got issues about me offering any opinions at all, then i'll advise them to do what i've always done - go and twiddle with their nobs.

The nobs on their radio's, of course.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

#50 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 07:04 PM, said:

Look, i didn't really want to go this far, but obviously Valley Boy has some sort of hard-on regarding my appearing on Peak so i'll clear things up.

Al was, and still is a mate of mine. I also knew Naz, the chap that used to present the phone-in. Given that there was usually a lull between the lines opening and callers being lined up, we agreed between us that i'd do five minutes just to have something going out. And that was for home and away games.

It really was no big deal and i'll repeat what i've said before: if anyone can point out where i've gone into detail about a game i've not attended then i'd be absolutely amazed, as i consciously avoided doing so. But if they've simply got issues about me offering any opinions at all, then i'll advise them to do what i've always done - go and twiddle with their nobs.

The nobs on their radio's, of course.

But you did anyway. Your were on EVERY week we only play at home every other week, as I say commenting on games you were not present. Bizzarre.

#51 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Oct 1 2008, 07:22 PM, said:

But you did anyway. Your were on EVERY week we only play at home every other week, as I say commenting on games you were not present. Bizzarre.

I don't know if my post was too complicated for you or you're saying things for the sake of saying them, but you're repeating yourself Valley Boy.

Enjoy Morecambe.

#52 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 1 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

I don't know if my post was too complicated for you or you're saying things for the sake of saying them, but you're repeating yourself Valley Boy.

Enjoy Morecambe.

Impossable at the moment.

#53 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Oct 1 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

[/color]

I will have to knock the chips off first.

Got the prat in one mate. Fortunately, his self-important arrogance is not typical of most Spireite fans, though he does his best to pose as some sort of fans representative. Thank goodness most radio presnters are not daft enough to swallow the tripe he dishes up.

This post has been edited by sophocles: 01 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

#54 User is offline   Spire1866 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

View Postsophocles, on Oct 1 2008, 10:20 PM, said:

Got the prat in one mate. Fortunately, his self-important arrogance is not typical of most Spireite fans, though he does his best to pose as some sort of fans representative. Thank goodness most radio presnters are not daft enough to swallow the tripe he dishes up.

Unfortunately his opinions are. I defy anybody to disagree with the vast majority of Chris' comments at the moment (In my opinion he's talked sense more often than not over the years). Wake up.

#55 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:22 AM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Oct 1 2008, 07:22 PM, said:

we only play at home every other week.

well thats not true is it

already so for this season we've played Wycombe Grimsby and Rotherham 3 HOME games in a row. and D&R then the following week Rochdale BOTH AWAY.

To come up we have Shrewsbury and Accrington in the space at 8 days again BOTH @ HOME.

your statement has just become "bizzare"

#56 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

View Postsophocles, on Oct 1 2008, 10:20 PM, said:

though he does his best to pose as some sort of fans representative.

thats because the likes of you soph dont ring up to voice your opinion about the games the players, rico the current goings on at the club. What Chris said the last few times he has hit the nail squarely on the head. He says on many occasions (correct me if i'm wrong Mr Snell)

"I think i will speak on behalf of MANY spireite fans"

He's never said all and im sure if he ever has it will have been a slip of the tongue and not been intentional. If i had the time to call up i would but when its on i'm on the M1 driving home.

Dont even start to go on about hands free.

#57 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

View PostSpire1866, on Oct 2 2008, 03:54 AM, said:

Unfortunately his opinions are. I defy anybody to disagree with the vast majority of Chris' comments at the moment (In my opinion he's talked sense more often than not over the years). Wake up.

The majority of comments made now are applicable, but this hasn't always been the case and his regular slot on the embarrassingly unprofessional 'Peak107' was cringe worthy at best.
If only....

#58 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

View PostSpire1866, on Oct 2 2008, 03:54 AM, said:

He has been rattling on about the same things for long enough....he was bound to be right sooner or later!!

#59 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Living the dream as a life long Spireite :-)

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:37 AM

View PostJonB, on Oct 2 2008, 11:26 AM, said:

He has been rattling on about the same things for long enough....he was bound to be right sooner or later!!

Ha ha never a post more accurate! I refused to listen to Praise Or Grumble while he his given a slot!
The One, The Only, Sir Gregor Robertson

#60 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

Well i see there's those that agree with me and those that don't, which is exactly how it should be, but only one particular 'SUPPORTER' that lapses once again into insult.

But then it seems that's all he ever has to offer.

What i would say to the accusation of "rattling on about the same thing" though, is yeah, you're right, it's called adopting a position and sticking to it. Mind you, if you wanna go into a little more detail about my opinions rather than sweeping dismissals, then please do so.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users