Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Definitely NOT another Jack rumour. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Definitely NOT another Jack rumour. But.....

#21 User is offline   Johnny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

View Postmouldred, on Sep 30 2008, 07:49 AM, said:

Howard's not a straight midfielder, they rate him up 'ere as a 'hole' player, just behind the strikers.

Arguably where Ward would be best positioned behind one or two strikers, if we had them :lol: . So if the Tykes did want him he would be a logical replacement.

Whyever would you want to play Wardy in the 'hole' when he's got pace to burn?

#22 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:23 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 29 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

To be honest i felt embarrassed for Jase.

He's an honest sort that meant well, but unfortunately he just came across as out of touch and desperate, reminding me of all the "If only everyone would just get behind the Club" nonsense we heard back in 1999/2000.

One thing that did alarm me though, was his talk of "three wins and everything will be alright" (i'm paraphrasing, of course). Was he echoing the views expressed in the 'inner sanctum' on Saturday? I bleedin' hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me!

i couldn't beleive he said it.

It was like he hadn't been to a game this season. I think he sounded like he was still on the board and talking on their behalf. I really haven't heard so much claptrap in my life.

#23 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:25 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 29 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

Besides, maybe, just maybe, Lester's demeanor on Saturday left a few question marks over a few heads? (Grimaces, expecting all hell to break loose after making such an outrageous suggestion!)

Saturday it was obvious to all before the kickoff that Lester was going to start. The thing that most people knew was that we dont have a reserve side so there is no level of match fitness to go on. What ever he did he wasn't going to go like the clappers and end up being sidelined again.

#24 User is offline   Aspire_webby 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:25 AM

View Postmouldred, on Sep 30 2008, 07:49 AM, said:

Howard's not a straight midfielder, they rate him up 'ere as a 'hole' player, just behind the strikers.

Isn't it refreshing that fans in Barnsley are so tolerant abut sexuality these days?

#25 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:33 AM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Sep 30 2008, 08:44 AM, said:

Classic :lol:

Joking apart, Chris has a natural talent for it. Clarity of speach, quick thinking, and some humour. If only he had the good old BBC balanced, considered, mature view on the subject.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#26 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

:lol: If the theory is right and Barnsley are desparate for a striker then presummably they will have to delve in the loan market until the January window opens. As we only have 2 strikers on the books(save the unproven Tex) can anybody see us loaning anybody out?
Many a good tune

#27 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

View Postdim view, on Sep 30 2008, 09:33 AM, said:

Joking apart, Chris has a natural talent for it. Clarity of speach, quick thinking, and some humour. If only he had the good old BBC balanced, considered, mature view on the subject.

Well thanks for the kind words Dave, but as you know, one man's "balanced, considered, mature view" is another man's spin.

As for Jason, you're probably aware that i know and quite like the chap, so there's no way i'm gonna get into why he's gone from being a wing stand 'thunderer' in his own right, to adopting his current stance in public. I'm sure we're all capable making up our own minds on that one.

I stand by my comments about his on-air contribution offering an inadvertent insight into what's being said in the Boardroom, though. If they really do believe we're "only three wins away from the top three", it's been a "mixed" start to the season, that "Lee's doing a good job but suffering from some bad luck and poor refereeing" or "promotion is guaranteed", then we really are up a certain creek minus a paddle.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#28 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

View PostBlueRover52, on Sep 30 2008, 10:04 AM, said:

:lol: If the theory is right and Barnsley are desparate for a striker then presummably they will have to delve in the loan market until the January window opens. As we only have 2 strikers on the books(save the unproven Tex) can anybody see us loaning anybody out?

The way to circumvent the signing window is to sign them on loan initially and then sign permanently in Jan. You agree the fee now and sign a contract so that either club cant change their mind. This is how United have signed Howard.

The only way I could see anything happening is if Lester really does want out in much the same way Howard wanted out of the Tykes.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#29 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:05 AM

View PostTown_Fan, on Sep 30 2008, 12:01 PM, said:

The only way I could see anything happening is if Lester really does want out in much the same way Howard wanted out of the Tykes.

And the fact that Barnsley actually want him when in fact they will probably be looking elsewhere if they have a few quid to spend!!

#30 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:09 AM

View PostJonB, on Sep 30 2008, 12:05 PM, said:

And the fact that Barnsley actually want him when in fact they will probably be looking elsewhere if they have a few quid to spend!!

True.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#31 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

View Postdim view, on Sep 30 2008, 09:33 AM, said:

Opinions vary. Im still scarred from the peak 107 days, he did so many u-turns he used to screw his shoes and socks on!

This post has been edited by Valley Boy Kopite: 30 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

#32 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Sep 30 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

Opinions vary. Im still scarred from the peak 107 days, he did so many u-turns he used to screw his shoes and socks on!

U-turns?

In other words saying it was good when it was good, and bad when it was bad.

#33 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

U-turns?

In other words saying it was good when it was good, and bad when it was bad.

Sorry to rain on your parade but some of us remember you ringing in one week pleading the good folk of Chesterfield to"get down to Saltergate" while the next week you would go on about how pathetic the performances were and "quetioning the Managers decisions" we used to walk away from the games predicting which head you would have on on that particular Saturday. I am afraid you are a "knee jerk fan" who just wants to say something for the sake of it.

#34 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Sep 30 2008, 10:41 PM, said:

Sorry to rain on your parade but some of us remember you ringing in one week pleading the good folk of Chesterfield to"get down to Saltergate" while the next week you would go on about how pathetic the performances were and "quetioning the Managers decisions" we used to walk away from the games predicting which head you would have on on that particular Saturday. I am afraid you are a "knee jerk fan" who just wants to say something for the sake of it.

Well i'm glad my comments had such an impact.

And you're talking absolute nonsense about changing from one week to the next, of course.

But hey, don't let that get in the way of your pigeonholing.

#35 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

Well i'm glad my comments had such an impact.

And you're talking absolute nonsense about changing from one week to the next, of course.

But hey, don't let that get in the way of your pigeonholing.

Sorry and if I could get hold of the tapes from peak I would.

Afriend of mine used to go to ALL games whatever competition used to ring up to get on Peak and you would be on (first caller) talking about the game that you had not been to and giving at times a very inaccurate portrayal of the afternoons events. We used to sometimes laugh and sometimes get B****Y annoyed.

Talking nonsense? pot calling the kettle black me thinks.

#36 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Sep 30 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

Sorry and if I could get hold of the tapes from peak I would.

Afriend of mine used to go to ALL games whatever competition used to ring up to get on Peak and you would be on (first caller) talking about the game that you had not been to and giving at times a very inaccurate portrayal of the afternoons events. We used to sometimes laugh and sometimes get B****Y annoyed.

Talking nonsense? pot calling the kettle black me thinks.

Well good luck with those tapes, because i defy you, or anyone else for that matter, to find evidence of me going into detail about games i'd not been to. An opinion or observation? Yes. But any sort of in depth account? Nah.

And if you want innaccurate portrayals, i'm sure there are others equally as guilty.

Oh and PS: did you ever wonder why i was first on most weeks?

Tap me on the shoulder sometime and i'll tell you.

#37 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 30 2008, 11:08 PM, said:

Well good luck with those tapes, because i defy you, or anyone else for that matter, to find evidence of me going into detail about games i'd not been to. An opinion or observation? Yes. But any sort of in depth account? Nah.

And if you want innaccurate portrayals, i'm sure there are others equally as guilty.

You sat on big Als lap?
A new hope.

#38 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

View Postdeath, on Sep 30 2008, 11:22 PM, said:

You sat on big Als lap?

In the Saltergate press box, there's little option!

#39 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:01 PM

Oh and PS: did you ever wonder [i]why[/i] i was first on most weeks?

Because you love hearing the sound of your own voice.

Bet if you are on Radio Sheffield you play it back to yourself over and over again in the evening.

#40 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

I will have to knock the chips off first.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users