Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Definitely NOT another Jack rumour. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Definitely NOT another Jack rumour. But.....

#1 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

Listened to FH this evening and it seems pretty certain that Brian Howard is leaving Barnsley.

Anyway, i began to put two and two together and wonder if we ought to be more than a little concerned over the possibility of a certain striker within our ranks being recruited to solve their goalscoring problems?

Think about it: they need a proven goalscorer pretty sharpish and now have a few bob to play with, Barnsley falls well within Jack's travel-to-work zone and surely the offer of, say, a two year deal at Oakwell would be very, very tempting.

Besides, maybe, just maybe, Lester's demeanor on Saturday left a few question marks over a few heads? (Grimaces, expecting all hell to break loose after making such an outrageous suggestion!)

Now let me say loud and clear that this is not meant to destabilise anyone or anything and is in no way malicious, it's simply a thought that might be worth discussing on a fans forum.

And for what it's worth i'm sure they'd be far more interested in someone younger than Jack Lester.

Like Jamie Ward, perhaps....?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 29 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

Listened to FH this evening and it seems pretty certain that Brian Howard is leaving Barnsley.

Anyway, i began to put two and two together and wonder if we ought to be more than a little concerned over the possibility of a certain striker within our ranks being recruited to solve their goalscoring problems?

Think about it: they need a proven goalscorer pretty sharpish and now have a few bob to play with, Barnsley falls well within Jack's travel-to-work zone and surely the offer of, say, a two year deal at Oakwell would be very, very tempting.

Besides, maybe, just maybe, Lester's demeanor on Saturday left a few question marks over a few heads? (Grimaces, expecting all hell to break loose after making such an outrageous suggestion!)

Now let me say loud and clear that this is not meant to destabilise anyone or anything and is in no way malicious, it's simply a thought that might be worth discussing on a fans forum.

And for what it's worth i'm sure they'd be far more interested in someone younger than Jack Lester.

Listened to FH too, the Radio Sheff reporter must have felt like lamping the Barnsley manager.

Glad Tom pointed out how he thought the players looked up for it prior to the kick off!

Good to hear Jason Elliott trying to rally the troops, shame the same call isn't coming from the Board room.

#3 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

It obvious that with the current set up and form that Ward wont stay, why would he? Lone striker role? hoof ball in the basement?

Can we afford to cash in though? Our options up front are limited as it is.
A new hope.

#4 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

View Postdeath, on Sep 29 2008, 07:34 PM, said:

It obvious that with the current set up and form that Ward wont stay, why would he? Lone striker role? hoof ball in the basement?

The wide role is the one that really upsets him.

#5 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Sep 29 2008, 07:36 PM, said:

The wide role is the one that really upsets him.

Again, can you blame him?
A new hope.

#6 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

View Postdeath, on Sep 29 2008, 07:34 PM, said:

Can we afford to not 'cash in'. This will be the excuse from the Board: gates are down - we need to sell!
I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#7 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Sep 29 2008, 07:37 PM, said:

Can we afford to not 'cash in'. This will be the excuse from the Board: gates are down - we need to sell!

He is under 24, so we would get something back. If he goes, can you really see LR finding a decent replacement?

Does it matter? have we blown this season already?
A new hope.

#8 User is offline   leedsblue60 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Sep 29 2008, 07:37 PM, said:

if the new invester comes in and rico leaves we may not need to.then maybe jack will start to play with a smile on his face.its no secret that rico and jack have had a falling out somwhere along the line.

#9 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Sep 29 2008, 07:34 PM, said:

Listened to FH too, the Radio Sheff reporter must have felt like lamping the Barnsley manager.

Glad Tom pointed out how he thought the players looked up for it prior to the kick off!

Good to hear Jason Elliott trying to rally the troops, shame the same call isn't coming from the Board room.

To be honest i felt embarrassed for Jase.

He's an honest sort that meant well, but unfortunately he just came across as out of touch and desperate, reminding me of all the "If only everyone would just get behind the Club" nonsense we heard back in 1999/2000.

One thing that did alarm me though, was his talk of "three wins and everything will be alright" (i'm paraphrasing, of course). Was he echoing the views expressed in the 'inner sanctum' on Saturday? I bleedin' hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me!

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 29 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

#10 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

Without a doubt this has got to be the one thing at the moment we could do without, Saturdays are painful enough without having to endure your rumours about the one hope we have at the moment (sad as that is I know). Do us a favour and give us a break about Jack will you.

#11 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 29 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

One thing that did alarm me though, was his talk of "three wins and everything will be alright" (i'm paraphrasing, of course). Was he echoing the views expressed in the 'inner sanctum' on Saturday? I bleedin' hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me!

If he meant 3 in 3, then he's right. Take us nicely into the new era!!.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#12 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

View PostValley Boy Kopite, on Sep 29 2008, 07:58 PM, said:

Without a doubt this has got to be the one thing at the moment we could do without, Saturdays are painful enough without having to endure your rumours about the one hope we have at the moment (sad as that is I know). Do us a favour and give us a break about Jack will you.

Dear VBK

Which bit of "Definitely NOT another Jack rumour" did you not understand?

Cheers

Chris.

#13 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 29 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

To be honest i felt embarrassed for Jase.

He's an honest sort that meant well, but unfortunately he just came across as out of touch and desperate, reminding me of all the "If only everyone would just get behind the Club" nonsense we heard back in 1999/2000.

If I were him, I'd find that deeply offensive.
Jason's views have changed 180 degrees since he had the bottle to put his own money in, because he's had direct experience of the difficulties involved.

#14 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

View Postdim view, on Sep 29 2008, 08:24 PM, said:

If I were him, I'd find that deeply offensive.
Jason's views have changed 180 degrees since he had the bottle to put his own money in, because he's had direct experience of the difficulties involved.

So do you agree with what he said?

#15 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 29 2008, 11:08 PM, said:

So do you agree with what he said?

missed it I'm afraid.

#16 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

View Postdim view, on Sep 29 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

missed it I'm afraid.

So you're chiding me for commenting about something you didn't even hear?

C'mon Dave, you're better than that.

#17 User is offline   Johnny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:43 AM

Why would Barnsley replace a centre midfielder with a striker?

Why wouldn't a player be urineed off after playing his role in another very disappointing performance and defeat?

Good grief!

#18 User is offline   mouldred 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:49 AM

View PostJohnny Spireite, on Sep 30 2008, 07:43 AM, said:

Why would Barnsley replace a centre midfielder with a striker?

Why wouldn't a player be urineed off after playing his role in another very disappointing performance and defeat?

Good grief!

Howard's not a straight midfielder, they rate him up 'ere as a 'hole' player, just behind the strikers.

Arguably where Ward would be best positioned behind one or two strikers, if we had them :lol: . So if the Tykes did want him he would be a logical replacement.
There's only one Trevor Hebberd!

#19 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:18 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 29 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

So you're chiding me for commenting about something you didn't even hear?

C'mon Dave, you're better than that.

I'm sure you would be the first to accept that he doesn't have your media polish. Content is irrelevant. He is trying his best as a loyal supporter whose views have been transformed as a result of real life experience.

I think you, like me, are jealous. Jason has been through the ultimate fantasy, an experience that would do you good too - from frustrated armchair journalist to Boardroom Spokesperson. Have you thought of changing your message board name to ' The Thunderer'.?

#20 User is offline   Valley Boy Kopite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:44 AM

View Postdim view, on Sep 30 2008, 08:18 AM, said:

I'm sure you would be the first to accept that he doesn't have your media polish. Content is irrelevant. He is trying his best as a loyal supporter whose views have been transformed as a result of real life experience.

I think you, like me, are jealous. Jason has been through the ultimate fantasy, an experience that would do you good too - from frustrated armchair journalist to Boardroom Spokesperson. Have you thought of changing your message board name to ' The Thunderer'.?

Classic :lol:

Do have to say I would have Tom who calls regular as a spokesman for the club. Always enjoy listening to him.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users