• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Family Stand

#1 User is offline   ipmdfm 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

Somewhat disappointed. Having had a season ticket from the year dot and when moving to the new ground carried on with a season ticket in the east stand I thought I'd get my 2 children tickets in the family stand this year. Basically I can't, although they are 11 i either have to move seats by a few numbers into the family area or buy them tickets near me for a huge amount of money. I could understand it if I wasn't already paying for a full price ticket in the stand and only wanting cheap children tickets or trying to buy just adult tickets. Plus it would mean moving from a group of friends ove sat with for years

#2 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

View Postipmdfm, on 01 May 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

Somewhat disappointed. Having had a season ticket from the year dot and when moving to the new ground carried on with a season ticket in the east stand I thought I'd get my 2 children tickets in the family stand this year. Basically I can't, although they are 11 i either have to move seats by a few numbers into the family area or buy them tickets near me for a huge amount of money. I could understand it if I wasn't already paying for a full price ticket in the stand and only wanting cheap children tickets or trying to buy just adult tickets. Plus it would mean moving from a group of friends ove sat with for years

Is that a sit with friends or family dilemma?

#3 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

View Postipmdfm, on 01 May 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

So you expect 11 yr olds to sit with complete strangers??.....and moan when the club denies this😨

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 01 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#4 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

Sorry can I get this straight, you're moaning that the club will not sell you children's season tickets for the family stand for you to leave them unattended? Are you for real?

#5 User is offline   ipmdfm 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

They are 11 and 12 and in direct view from my seat

#6 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

Fair enough but I always have my 11 year old sat next to me! It's all part of going to the match together! U can still see your mates but surely sitting with your kids in the family stand is more important. Can't believe I even read this thread and even replied to it! Time to go for a pint I think !!
#notapennymore

#7 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 01 May 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Sorry can I get this straight, you're moaning that the club will not sell you children's season tickets for the family stand for you to leave them unattended? Are you for real?

I don't see why the op is getting a hard time, since moving to the new ground I've seen plenty of people have seats with their kids but let their kids go off and sit with their mates, is that so different?
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#8 User is offline   ipmdfm 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

Not sure that posted 5 times, certainly did not mean to

#9 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 01 May 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

I don't see why the op is getting a hard time, since moving to the new ground I've seen plenty of people have seats with their kids but let their kids go off and sit with their mates, is that so different?

Yea...there mates for starters....and their mates are most likely sat with a parent or adult carer of some sort....big difference to sitting young kids sat amongst complete strangers
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#10 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 01 May 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

Yea...there mates for starters....and their mates are most likely sat with a parent or adult carer of some sort....big difference to sitting young kids sat amongst complete strangers

Think I went to my first game as a 13 year old (1997), with my brother who was 15/16. After that I went with a friend who was a few months older than me. My dad has never liked football, so have never been with him. This was on the kop.
Here we go again!

#11 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

Not wanting to give the OP a hard time but surely you would move without question to sit with your kids?

I appreciate the friendships you may have struck up but surely the relationship of attending games with family members will far outstretch any other?

I'm 30 years old and whilst I'd love to sit at the back of the Kop i choose to sit with my 83 year old Grandad as it's his fault all thanks to him I'm there week in week out

#12 User is offline   ipmdfm 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:49 PM

If they had wanted me to I would move, but they wanted to go with each other with me being able to see them. They have enjoyed sitting on the front row all season in their own knowing I could see them but at the same time having a bit more responsibility. Looks like I'll just have to continue buying the same seats each week instead of 2 season ticjets

#13 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

1) kids before BFF's
2) if your only buying a ticket where you can see your kids then why can't you buy a ticket where you can see you're peeps?
3) A simple solution is that you buy a season ticket with your two kids and still sit with your buddies cos it's gonna take a proper weirdo (like Erwin) :) ) to sit on their own alongside a bunch of strangers for a season.
4) AGAIN! KIDS BEFORE ANYBODY!
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#14 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

Jeez, what's wrong with everyone? I went to games with just my brother at that age. We'd catch the bus from Clay Cross on our own, walk through town on our own & be in the ground on our own. At the mere mention of children people these days instantly become odiously sanctimonious. I'm sure the op is a responsible parent. Give the man a break.

#15 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 01 May 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

There is generally a group of kids, some I would imagine 11 or possibly younger sit at the front of the family stand, they don't sit with their parents, but I would imagine within sight of their parents.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users