Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: We Deserved to Win - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We Deserved to Win Town reach New Heights

#1 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:24 PM

In fact 2 great performances; Southend and now Brentord. We really deserved to win today. We were the better team for most of the match and Brentford really had to work hard to compete. We looked quick and sharp and everybody worked their socks off.

Roy is right. There are no teams to fear in this division and Town, in the last two games, have reached a new level with outstanding performances.

We need to play like this at home.

Dare I suggest we are promotion canidates. (and I don't mean play-offs?)

#2 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:49 PM

The next 5 games over the crimbo period are vital. Our slide down the table started at same stage last season:

Torquay D 1-1, Luton L 0-1, Wrexham L 1-3, MK Dons D 1-1, Barnsley D 2-2.

So we really need to pick up 7-9 points in the next five games to stay in contention because although we have had 2 very good away results, everyone around seems to be hitting form.

#3 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

SpireiteDan, on Dec 10 2005, 07:49 PM, said:

The next 5 games over the crimbo period are vital. Our slide down the table started at same stage last season:

Torquay D 1-1, Luton L 0-1, Wrexham L 1-3, MK Dons D 1-1, Barnsley D 2-2.

So we really need to pick up 7-9 points in the next five games to stay in contention because although we have had 2 very good away results, everyone around seems to be hitting form.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

only Barnsley out of top 8 won so they didn't all hit form today. Hudders lost to bottom of league Southend couldn't beat ten men with Windarse in the net, Forests home form sliped etc

#4 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

frearsghost, on Dec 10 2005, 07:24 PM, said:

In fact 2 great performances; Southend and now Brentord. We really deserved to win today. We were the better team for most of  the match and Brentford really had to work hard to compete. We looked quick and sharp and everybody worked their socks off.

Roy is right. There are no teams to fear in this division and Town, in the last two games, have reached a new level with outstanding performances.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very impressive, I expected us to lose both - we would have done a few seasons back, but this season we have matured into a team that is definitely on the up. Only real concern however, is the dropping of Larkin to the bench and the persistance in playing Folan. I don't understand that one?
I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#5 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Before the game, anyone would have taken a point, but the lads must be a little disappointed at not coming away with all three points.

A great result.

Can we start talking about the PLAY OFFS?

#6 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:56 PM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on Dec 10 2005, 07:54 PM, said:

only Barnsley out of top 8 won so they didn't all hit form today. Hudders lost to bottom of league Southend couldn't beat ten men with Windarse in the net, Forests home form sliped etc
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Colchester have come from nowhere and they had a very good draw at Swansea today.

#7 User is offline   stu from town 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

frearsghost, on Dec 10 2005, 07:24 PM, said:

In fact 2 great performances; Southend and now Brentord. We really deserved to win today. We were the better team for most of  the match and Brentford really had to work hard to compete. We looked quick and sharp and everybody worked their socks off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be fair BOTH games where there for the taking and we may look back certainly on todays game as points lost! As for Southend they are on a dreadfull run and had the chances to win, 2 out of 6 points dosent look as good as 4 from 6 which i think was their for the taking! Having said that every other team as played 2 or 3 more home games than us so thats the reason we now have to get Saltergate FULL and make it an intimidating place to make sure we dont drop points there! :lol:

#8 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on Dec 10 2005, 07:54 PM, said:

Southend couldn't beat ten men with Windarse in the net<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fatty Foulke rides again! Get it round him, and you hit the post! :lol:
Posted Image

#9 User is online   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:58 PM

Rick Payne, on Dec 10 2005, 07:54 PM, said:

Very impressive, I expected us to lose both - we would have done a few seasons back, but this season we have matured into a team that is definitely on the up.  Only real concern however, is the dropping of Larkin to the bench and the persistance in playing Folan. I don't understand that one?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One - word answer .... HEIGHT.

#10 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

after an awful start, we are 2 league defeats from 15. This is a team on the up, and I look at the fixtures up to the end of January, and none of these fixtures frighten me in the slightest....

THEY ARE ALL WINNABLE!!!!.... but

will the injuries begin to pile up??

Will Hurst, Sammy and Hazell still be here??

Will we be able to strengthen??

These really will be the telling factors to our season....
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

SpireiteDan, on Dec 10 2005, 07:56 PM, said:

Colchester have come from nowhere and they had a very good draw at Swansea today.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bit of a dramatic statement though to say everyone around us is finding form. After todays game I would suspect only Colchester and Barrnsley will be above us on form over last 8 games, bearing in mind who we have played why should we worry about ANYONE else at this stage?

#12 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:09 PM

Rick Payne, on Dec 10 2005, 07:54 PM, said:

Very impressive, I expected us to lose both - we would have done a few seasons back, but this season we have matured into a team that is definitely on the up.  Only real concern however, is the dropping of Larkin to the bench and the persistance in playing Folan. I don't understand that one?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One doesn't like to criticise Town players 'cos they are all in the squad. Folan had two chances to score. He raced ahead of three defenders but instead of shooting tried to beat the three of them with the result he lost the ball in a tangle of legs.

A header from the left should have been put away but he missed it completely although he did look to have been pushed on the blind side of the ref.

I thought taking the Chief off was a mistake. Even at the end he was holding up the ball and Folan, despite his height, doesn't seem to be able to do that consistently.

I think most Town fans are on his side but he needs to give them a goal or do something special. I think Tcham could have been impressive today because we were carving out huge spaces near the end and always creating opportunities.

By the way; Picken is beginning to look quality

#13 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:11 PM

frearsghost, on Dec 10 2005, 09:09 PM, said:

One doesn't like to criticise Town players 'cos they are all in the squad. Folan had two chances to score. He raced ahead of three defenders but instead of shooting tried to beat the three of them with the result he lost the ball in a tangle of legs.

A header from the left should have been put away but he missed it completely although he did look to have been pushed on the blind side of the ref.

I thought taking the Chief off was a mistake. Even at the end he was holding up the ball and Folan, despite his height, doesn't seem to be able to do that consistently.

I think most Town fans are on his side but he needs to give them a goal or do something special. I think Tcham could have been impressive today because we were carving out huge spaces near the end and always creating opportunities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to Bristol and I thought Picken had a cracking game, clearly he's put in a decent performance today as well.

#14 User is online   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:14 PM

frearsghost, on Dec 10 2005, 08:09 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Picken has been TOP quality ever since he came back into the side, and he will take some removing, especially if we extend his loan period.

#15 User is offline   06 spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:35 PM

sophocles, on Dec 10 2005, 08:14 PM, said:

Picken has been TOP quality ever since he came back into the side, and he will take some removing, especially if we extend his loan period.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with that totally reckon he would be man of the match today
Come On England - Spireite til i Die

#16 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:41 PM

sophocles, on Dec 10 2005, 08:14 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was my Man of the Match after another excellent performance. Just to add, on our way back to the coach some Brentford supporters were saying that we were the best side they have seen at Griffin Park this season.

#17 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:34 PM

marlons curtains, on Dec 10 2005, 07:59 PM, said:

after an awful start, we are 2 league defeats from 15. This is a team on the up, and I look at the fixtures up to the end of January, and none of these fixtures frighten me in the slightest....

THEY ARE ALL WINNABLE!!!!.... but

will the injuries begin to pile up??

Will Hurst, Sammy and Hazell still be here??

Will we be able to strengthen??

These really will be the telling factors to our season....
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hurst and Sammy and Picken will surely be here for rest of the season whats the point of going back to play in there respective reserve teams.

#18 User is offline   CFC Forever 

• Loyal Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:51 PM

frearsghost, on Dec 10 2005, 08:24 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought it was a game of two halves yesterday, Because they were the best team in first half and we were best in second but i thought that if anyone deserved to win yesterday it was us

And we did extremely well to draw against 2 top teams which both share an identical home record

P/11 W/5 D/4 L/2
There's Only One Caleb Folan !!!!

#19 User is online   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:16 PM

Clingan#32, on Dec 11 2005, 01:51 PM, said:

I thought it was a game of two halves yesterday, Because they were the best team in first half and we were best in second but i thought that if anyone deserved to win yesterday it was us

And we did extremely well to draw against 2 top teams which both share an identical home record

P/11 W/5 D/4 L/2
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A great performance always in control .We looked more like the home team.

Had to laugh at the Beez fan who said afterwards we played for the draw!

#20 User is offline   Trev_Thompson 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:52 PM

Lorraine, on Dec 10 2005, 09:41 PM, said:

He was my Man of the Match after another excellent performance. Just to add, on our way back to the coach some Brentford supporters were saying that we were the best side they have seen at Griffin Park this season.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

funny you say that, my friend who is a brentford fan said we are just an average team :)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users