• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Burley

#1 User is offline   BITColour 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

George Burley has resigned as manager of Derby. Do you think CFC need to be worried that Derby might want Roy to be their next manager, or, that Roy would want the job?

#2 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:36 AM

BITColour, on Jun 7 2005, 11:33 AM, said:

George Burley has resigned as manager of Derby.  Do you think CFC need to be worried that Derby might want Roy to be their next manager, or, that Roy would want the job?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are probably on a plane to Spain as we speak.

#3 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:36 AM

Good job that he signed that new contract then isn't it! I guess that we can just hope that they don't come sniffing around. The last thing we need is a change of manager on top of a change of captain.

I'm sure that Roy would do the right thing anyway. He's got a chance to build a club in his image here. Derby only offers even tighter financial constraints and more pressure.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

#4 User is offline   The Doctor 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

McG, on Jun 7 2005, 11:36 AM, said:

Good job that he signed that new contract then isn't it!  I guess that we can just hope that they don't come sniffing around.  The last thing we need is a change of manager on top of a change of captain.

I'm sure that Roy would do the right thing anyway.  He's got a chance to build a club in his image here.  Derby only offers even tighter financial constraints and more pressure.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Tighter financial restraints!" for DC

Your having a laugh!
Who's the more foolish - the fool or the fool who follows?

#5 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

The Doctor, on Jun 7 2005, 12:30 PM, said:

"Tighter financial restraints!" for DC

Your having a laugh!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, its all relative isn't it. Obviously they have more money, a higher turnover, etc but they also have far higher running costs and a far bigger debt to manage. A County supporting mate of mine insists that they are hanging by a thread financially and wouldn't be at all suprised to see half of the squad on their way this summer (esp Idiakez and Raziak as they are obviously very saleable assets). As a caveat, this is all hear-say and conjecture which are the only types of evidence that we deal in on here for the most part anyway. :lol: Just what I've heard and it could indeed all be total pony so don't take any more notice of it than you feel you have to. :P

#6 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:19 PM

I heard Dave Rushbury was the favourite for the job

#7 User is offline   The Doctor 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:31 PM

No offence intended but just trying to put thing into perspective.

Burley has obvously been told to reduce his wage bill and playing staff because of their debt but I'll 'speculate' that DC's wage bill will still be above average for the division.

To even sign a player of Raziak's pedigree must've taken some financial clout!

Should he have got on with the job or was he right to jump ship. Was it time to go or did he jump ship!?
Who's the more foolish - the fool or the fool who follows?

#8 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:37 PM

I heard Dave Rushbury was the favourite for the job

Thnking about it. Jim Smith could make a return to the Rams. he's out of work at the moment!!

#9 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

I can't see Roy going there - he's already had a crack at that job once, and even though it's his spiritual home, i don't expect him to leave.

There's definitely something going on behind the scenes at PP - the BBC reports seem to suggest Burley and his assistant had fell out. Either way, i can't see them repeating last season's effort again.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#10 Guest_spireiteblue_*

The Doctor, on Jun 7 2005, 02:31 PM, said:

No offence intended but just trying to put thing into perspective.

Burley has obvously been told to reduce his wage bill and playing staff because of their debt but I'll 'speculate' that DC's wage bill will still be above average for the division.

To even sign a player of Raziak's pedigree must've taken some financial clout!

Should he have got on with the job or was he right to jump ship. Was it time to go or did he jump ship!?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the BBC web site it states that they sold Huddlestone behind the Burleys back so he isn't being able to manage Derby,thats why he quit.

#11 User is offline   BITColour 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:41 PM

spireiteblue, on Jun 7 2005, 02:37 PM, said:

On the BBC web site it states that they sold Huddlestone behind the Burleys back so he isn't being able to manage Derby,thats why he quit.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is that, and also my mate whose a Derby fan said that the board had asked the players to observe and report back on the amount that Burley was drinking, which he obviously wouldnt like. That would explain the internal enquiry that had taken place.

#12 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:46 PM

BITColour, on Jun 7 2005, 02:41 PM, said:

There is that, and also my mate whose a Derby fan said that the board had asked the players to observe and report back on the amount that Burley was drinking, which he obviously wouldnt like.  That would explain the internal enquiry that had taken place.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I'd heard allegations about his drinking too (not proven as far as I know). So whether it was boozing or players keeping tabs on him, it would hardly foster a trusting relationship between the board and the manager would it?

#13 User is offline   BITColour 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

McG, on Jun 7 2005, 02:46 PM, said:

Yep, I'd heard allegations about his drinking too (not proven as far as I know).  So whether it was boozing or players keeping tabs on him, it would hardly foster a trusting relationship between the board and the manager would it?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definitely not! Derby though seem to have shot themselves in the foot because Burley (be him an alcoholic or not) had steadied a sinking club and took them to the verge of the Premiership. I definitely think they will struggle next year.

#14 User is offline   Cabbage22 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

Roy wouldnt't leave Chesterfield his heart lies here now.

#15 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:35 PM

McG, on Jun 7 2005, 02:46 PM, said:

Yep, I'd heard allegations about his drinking too (not proven as far as I know).  So whether it was boozing or players keeping tabs on him, it would hardly foster a trusting relationship between the board and the manager would it?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is allsorts of rumours from that club, reading rivals about 2 weeks ago somebody from the club had being sleeping with Marcus Tudgay's Missus!

Sounds a dodgy club to me!! Maybe these things have just added up to burley leaving, Drinking-Affairs-Board Problems, I wouldnt want to work there put it that way!!

It will take some doing to get them to the hefty hights of the premiership again!

And we thought having no signing was bad /\ !!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#16 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:40 PM

ash_cfc, on Jun 7 2005, 04:35 PM, said:

There is allsorts of rumours from that club, reading rivals about 2 weeks ago somebody from the club had being sleeping with Marcus Tudgay's Missus!

Sounds a dodgy club to me!! Maybe these things have just added up to burley leaving, Drinking-Affairs-Board Problems, I wouldnt want to work there put it that way!!

It will take some doing to get them to the hefty hights of the premiership again!

And we thought having no signing was bad /\ !!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is Dream Team set on Derby County then? Harchester are meant to be a Midlands club afterall. Hmmmm.... (rubs chim) Makes you think.

#17 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

McG, on Jun 7 2005, 04:40 PM, said:

Is Dream Team set on Derby County then?  Harchester are meant to be a Midlands club afterall.  Hmmmm....  (rubs chim) Makes you think.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol it wouldnt suprise me!! They have everything on that programme (awesome show btw) !!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#18 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

McG, on Jun 7 2005, 04:40 PM, said:

Is Dream Team set on Derby County then?  Harchester are meant to be a Midlands club afterall.  Hmmmm....  (rubs chim) Makes you think.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And when was the last time you saw a derby fan take the club over some so called rich millionaire get killed with a blow to the head from a bottle or half the team wiped out TWICE i might add by a bus?

oh and saw them in the champions league?

good program though.

#19 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

Alex Green, on Jun 7 2005, 04:47 PM, said:

And when was the last time you saw a derby fan take the club over some so called rich millionaire get killed with a blow to the head from a bottle or half the team wiped out TWICE i might add by a bus?

oh and saw them in the champions league?

good program though.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Theres always next season! :blink: If they saw the end of the series then they might want to be careful of disgruntled former managers and definitely not let Burley park near the team bus!

#20 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:55 PM

McG, on Jun 7 2005, 04:50 PM, said:

Theres always next season!  :blink:  If they saw the end of the series then they might want to be careful of disgruntled former managers and definitely not let Burley park near the team bus!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its suppost to be set in birmingham. the ground switches between Everton and Chelsea. the squad is based round Millwall. the players if not famous are from a non league club.

i think some of it was based round chesterfield come to think about it. they've taken a bit from every club.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users