Wealdstone Matchday Thread

#181 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 April 2024 - 10:58 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 13 April 2024 - 10:39 PM, said:

Bang on post. That will confuse the mouth breathers no end,

i think after 10 years of decline and dissapointment it is easier to see the downside, but we're on the up, captains kirk and cook will not be phased by the last 3 games even if a few internet posters are, because they are winners, they are professionals who want this club to suceed, sure the intent guarantees nothing but it goes a long way and plans will be in place for next season, the focus is firmly set on that.

#182 User is offline   ronpowellsbutler 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Irony

Posted 13 April 2024 - 11:18 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 13 April 2024 - 09:14 PM, said:

It’s not puzzling at all. Seen it year in year out with other teams who win promotion. Thing is we’ve probably done it earlier than anyone ever.

Might not be puzzling you but it is me.
I can understand missed chances but not making any takes some understanding after the previous goal fest,
Second half I can’t recall a shot.

#183 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 01:20 AM

Won league or not this is not acceptable by a long way . losing to a team who are one of only two part time teams in National league. who have played 4 games in a week. there should have been only one winner I know we missed Grigg and Colclough and had other players rested but should have easily had enough to beat Wealdstone. and to top it all Mansfield are all but up only need a point now to be sure. but it pains me to say it you have to give credit were it's due but that was a cracking result at Mk Dons . gonna have to wait a bit longer now before we can get to play are main rivals again sorry to say . will get my helmet.

#184 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 03:05 AM

View Postazul, on 13 April 2024 - 05:48 PM, said:

Apparently we have some big events happening at the final game to entertain the punters.

Hopefully it will involve a decent team selection and performance.

Cliff and the shadows playing ‘on the beach’ ?
God I hate this league.

#185 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:25 AM

View Postronpowellsbutler, on 13 April 2024 - 11:18 PM, said:

Might not be puzzling you but it is me.
I can understand missed chances but not making any takes some understanding after the previous goal fest,
Second half I can’t recall a shot.

No creativity in that team was there? Mandeville is knackered, Jacobs is lazy and Dobra runs like a crab. Plus you’ve got a donkey up front. Easily understandable.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#186 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:25 AM

View PostDIFH, on 14 April 2024 - 03:05 AM, said:

Good sponsorship opportunity for this lot

https://www.onthebeach.co.uk/

#187 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 08:17 AM

Best part about yesterday were the friendly hand gestures exchanged on thex1 between Town v Stags fans, everyone was having a laugh.
lindave

#188 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 08:39 AM

Imo there would be big problems if we had put in a performance like we saw yesterday if promotion had not be sealed

with matches left to play and bromley/Barnet were still breathing down our necks for the top spot

As it is lets just sit back hope for a lot better performance tomorrow night at gateshead and at home to maidenhead and then watch the playoffs in the knowledge that it looks like the champions elect in August will not even be in them lol

Also some other team will have to go through what we went through at Wembley against county whilest we will be looking forward to the release of the EFL Division Two fixtures next season

On that subject having read the publicity about the new EFL TV contract with SKY if i read it correctly then every match on the opening day of the new season will be available live on the SKY TV platform

#189 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 09:55 AM

View PostDIFH, on 14 April 2024 - 03:05 AM, said:

What song will they be playing?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#190 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 10:42 AM

Another game when we never exceeded 75% and while being frustrated at the time, I'll let them off there's enough credit in the bank, so I'll not add to the many credible whinges.

However having watched alot of football over 60 years I witnessed what would be first. Did we have a goal disallowed for offside following a corner when the keeper had palmed the ball off the line to Palmer who scored.? I'll not dwell on the keepers deliberate hand ball clearly outside the box directly in front of said lino. The abuse for chickening out of the handball decision may well have haggled his mind causing a brain freeze and not having a clue for the rest of the game.

Some years ago whilst having a stroll in a park on a Sunday watching a few kids game a mother was running a line in stiletto heels and fishnet tights and occasionly wafting a hanky, she may not have had the correct apparel but she had more idea than yesterday's incumbent( or should it be incompetent)
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#191 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 14 April 2024 - 11:18 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 14 April 2024 - 10:42 AM, said:

Another game when we never exceeded 75% and while being frustrated at the time, I'll let them off there's enough credit in the bank, so I'll not add to the many credible whinges.

However having watched alot of football over 60 years I witnessed what would be first. Did we have a goal disallowed for offside following a corner when the keeper had palmed the ball off the line to Palmer who scored.? I'll not dwell on the keepers deliberate hand ball clearly outside the box directly in front of said lino. The abuse for chickening out of the handball decision may well have haggled his mind causing a brain freeze and not having a clue for the rest of the game.

Some years ago whilst having a stroll in a park on a Sunday watching a few kids game a mother was running a line in stiletto heels and fishnet tights and occasionly wafting a hanky, she may not have had the correct apparel but she had more idea than yesterday's incumbent( or should it be incompetent)

We were stood right behind that idiot of a linesman and how he didn't see the goalkeeper catch the ball outside the area I will never know , it was there for all to see . I will have to see Palmers goal again but at the time I couldn't see anything wrong with it . These 3 defeats for me have just took the shine off our season , I really wanted 100 points but unless we win these last 2 that ain't happening. 61 goals conceded is also a concern but I'm sure Cookie will have this sorted for next season.

#192 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 14 April 2024 - 11:53 AM

View Post1978blue, on 14 April 2024 - 11:18 AM, said:

We were stood right behind that idiot of a linesman and how he didn't see the goalkeeper catch the ball outside the area I will never know , it was there for all to see . I will have to see Palmers goal again but at the time I couldn't see anything wrong with it . These 3 defeats for me have just took the shine off our season , I really wanted 100 points but unless we win these last 2 that ain't happening. 61 goals conceded is also a concern but I'm sure Cookie will have this sorted for next season.

From the TV it seemed to me that Palmer had initially left the pitch after winning the header so when he re-entered play he then scored the goal by returning from an offside position!
East stand second class citizen.

#193 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 14 April 2024 - 12:25 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 14 April 2024 - 11:53 AM, said:

From the TV it seemed to me that Palmer had initially left the pitch after winning the header so when he re-entered play he then scored the goal by returning from an offside position!

One of the officials definitely made the "returning from an offside position" signal but Palmer's momentumk took him off the field. My issue is when the ball was played there were at least 2 Wealdstone players on the goal line. A head scratcher for sure.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#194 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 02:03 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 14 April 2024 - 12:25 PM, said:

One of the officials definitely made the "returning from an offside position" signal but Palmer's momentumk took him off the field. My issue is when the ball was played there were at least 2 Wealdstone players on the goal line. A head scratcher for sure.

To say nowt of the first half disallowed goal. TV seems to show that it was disallowed cos the goalie had possession of the ball, but having one hand on top of the ball doesn't count as possession in my book.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#195 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 03:41 PM

View Postdim view, on 14 April 2024 - 02:03 PM, said:

To say nowt of the first half disallowed goal. TV seems to show that it was disallowed cos the goalie had possession of the ball, but having one hand on top of the ball doesn't count as possession in my book.

Yes, and guess what, no slow motion replay of the incident. It looked to me as though the keeper couldn’t hold the shot and it was bundled home. Can’t see it was ever in his possession.

#196 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 07:53 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 14 April 2024 - 12:25 PM, said:

If a players momentum took him of the pitch, he re enters. You can't be offside off the pitch and as you say players on the line therefore can't be offside on re-entry. The lino had a brain freeze IMO due to the well deserved abuse he got from town fans behind him, for not having the bottle to give the handball and resulting red card for the keeper.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#197 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 14 April 2024 - 09:32 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 14 April 2024 - 07:53 PM, said:

If a players momentum took him of the pitch, he re enters. You can't be offside off the pitch and as you say players on the line therefore can't be offside on re-entry. The lino had a brain freeze IMO due to the well deserved abuse he got from town fans behind him, for not having the bottle to give the handball and resulting red card for the keeper.

Why would that have been a red card for the keeper?
It was hardly preventing a direct goal scoring opportunity. Yellow yes, red, no way.
East stand second class citizen.

#198 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• World Champions 1934*1938** 1982***2006****
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 06:55 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 14 April 2024 - 11:53 AM, said:

Exactly this .
World Champions 1934 1938 1982 2006 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Euro Champions 1968” 2020”

#199 User is offline   SPM 

• Trialist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:11 AM

Wealdstone FFS :D Embarrassing.
What happened to "Lets smash Wrexham's record points total" :lol:

Well, we'll be in League One next season chaps, while you're struggling to survive in League Two. Such a shame we couldn't beat you to another title by 20 odd points.

#200 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:29 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 14 April 2024 - 09:32 PM, said:

Why would that have been a red card for the keeper?
It was hardly preventing a direct goal scoring opportunity. Yellow yes, red, no way.

It's all about opinions and mine, he had got himself in an awful position and potentially out of the game giving us chance of retrieving the ball and having a pot at goal all be it from a very acute angel a bit like Naylors goal against??? at the kop end. Just an opinion maybe influenced by spending 3 hours in Rickmansworth
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users