• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

£6 Million Quid.

#1 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

Did I hear correctly that that is the sum that Championship clubs will receive 2015/16 season. Add to that parachute payments.............

If so the costs of The Championship will rocket with agents and players reading that.

With that in mind could promotion this time be a viable option for us or does it just make the prospect even more remote.

Would you take a one season hit to stabalise finances.

God I hate this league.

#2 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 09 March 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Did I hear correctly that that is the sum that Championship clubs will receive 2015/16 season. Add to that parachute payments.............

If so the costs of The Championship will rocket with agents and players reading that.

With that in mind could promotion this time be a viable option for us or does it just make the prospect even more remote.

Depends how shrewd we are with the money. In terms of player recruitment I think we are quite shrewd. However, we need players who will buy into out progressive playing style and reputation for blooding young players rather than those who are constantly chasing the dollar.

#3 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

I take it you mean one season at that level, with the squad budget staying the same and the TV money paying off the debt?
A new hope.

#4 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

One of the difficulties with a one-season hit would be player retention, as far as I can see - Agents will be asking for better terms for players reaching the end of contracts. Would we allow the squad to break apart as all the star players looked for better deals?
It would be a hard sell for the fans - "we're gonna get promoted but probably come straight back down, so buy those season tickets folks"
It could start a spiral of decline that hurts in the following season

This post has been edited by Phil V 72: 09 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#5 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 09 March 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

One of the difficulties with a one-season hit would be player retention, as far as I can see - Agents will be asking for better terms for players reaching the end of contracts. Would we allow the squad to break apart as all the star players looked for better deals?
It would be a hard sell for the fans - "we're gonna get promoted but probably come straight back down, so buy those season tickets folks"

We’re going to lose the likes of Morsy, Tendayi in the near future anyhow, so if we came straight back down it's not a biggie from me. They can have a shot at the championship with us and IF they impress at that level then we can expect many more ££'s knocked off our debt than what we'd surely receive for them at this level. Combine any transfer money with the FL money and we could well wipe most of our debts off in one hit. Even if we did come straight back down and lose half the squad we'd be in a far better position to add the right players and go again, especially IF we still had our prize asset with us... Paul Cook. We’d also be far more likely to compete with teams like Preston for players like Daniel Johnson as well. Not a chance we could have forced things a little as we stand now, but clear our debts and we could have given them a good run for their money even if it meant we still missed out. I’m guessing as it is now, we couldn’t even think about it financially, which isn’t good for the long term building of our squad and for luring more fans in etc.

ME?? Give me a crack at the championship with minimal spend any day and let's remove the noose around our necks! (or at least slacken it considerably).

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 09 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

#notapennymore

#6 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

Yes,a season in the Champonship would realise my ambitions.
lindave

#7 Guest_mikethespire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 09 March 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Exactly. Look at yeovil

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users