• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

York City Thread

#201 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 October 2023 - 09:34 PM

View PostPontePete, on 25 October 2023 - 09:19 PM, said:

Is PC a real person then Azul? And not just that geezer with the southern accent who does the press stuff, but wearing a grade 1 wig and putting on a funny voice just to stand in the technical area on match days?

I’m joking I’m joking!! before anyone piles on. PC can sit in the stand for the rest of the season for all I care if we play like we did the second half last night.

That question, re Cookie remaining in the stands, was asked of Ollie Banks in the lounge after the game last night!
East stand second class citizen.

#202 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2023 - 09:37 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 October 2023 - 09:34 PM, said:

That question, re Cookie remaining in the stands, was asked of Ollie Banks in the lounge after the game last night!

How did he reply? Mandy was asked similar after Borehamwood away, he sniggered and said “no comment” 🤣
Hater of all things Scab!

#203 User is offline   Hong Kong Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2023 - 05:11 AM

We have a top quality squad this season with several players who can and should be playing at a higher level. The fact that Cookie can swap and change players without us losing quality or our rhythm and that he has created such fierce competition for places shows just how lucky we are to have him as our manager and these players playing for us. Honestly, that midfield selection of Banks, Jones, Dobra, Naylor, Jacobs,Mandeville, Colclough and Berry is frightening for this level. All are top quality players who would walk into any other team in this league and probably most of the league above!

#204 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• World Champions 1934*1938** 1982***2006****
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2023 - 07:42 AM

View PostHong Kong Spireite, on 26 October 2023 - 05:11 AM, said:

We have a top quality squad this season with several players who can and should be playing at a higher level. The fact that Cookie can swap and change players without us losing quality or our rhythm and that he has created such fierce competition for places shows just how lucky we are to have him as our manager and these players playing for us. Honestly, that midfield selection of Banks, Jones, Dobra, Naylor, Jacobs,Mandeville, Colclough and Berry is frightening for this level. All are top quality players who would walk into any other team in this league and probably most of the league above!

Let’s hope nobody leaves in the January window
World Champions 1934 1938 1982 2006 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Euro Champions 1968” 2020”

#205 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 October 2023 - 07:45 AM

View PostPontePete, on 25 October 2023 - 09:37 PM, said:

How did he reply? Mandy was asked similar after Borehamwood away, he sniggered and said “no comment” 🤣

Very similar from Banks re the snigger and no comment saying “let you lot up here listen to him”, although he did add that “The boss is very superstitious, so you never know!”
East stand second class citizen.

#206 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2023 - 09:33 AM

View Postronpowellsbutler, on 25 October 2023 - 09:27 AM, said:

Barnet manager saying loads of muscle injuries due to the number of games played recently.
They can't have the same depth of players to see them through the season.

Returning to the Barnet v Solihull game, interesting to hear Barnet’s manager’s interview as above when he talked of Solihull’s tactics. Basically saying one team was trying to play and one with a plan to spoil and delay.
“Officials need to be managing minutes better, let the game flow. Referees need to understand the tactics of teams. Today one sat in, took ages over goal kicks, took time over everything, frustrating us. These are the dark arts, that Howard Webb sayis everyone is trying to get rid of, but I see dark arts all night tonight.”

#207 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2023 - 09:38 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 26 October 2023 - 09:33 AM, said:

Returning to the Barnet v Solihull game, interesting to hear Barnet’s manager’s interview as above when he talked of Solihull’s tactics. Basically saying one team was trying to play and one with a plan to spoil and delay.
“Officials need to be managing minutes better, let the game flow. Referees need to understand the tactics of teams. Today one sat in, took ages over goal kicks, took time over everything, frustrating us. These are the dark arts, that Howard Webb sayis everyone is trying to get rid of, but I see dark arts all night tonight.”

From Solihull? Surely not?
Hater of all things Scab!

#208 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2023 - 09:58 AM

View PostPontePete, on 26 October 2023 - 09:38 AM, said:

From Solihull? Surely not?

Know what you’re saying, but it’s good to hear a manager call out the club and the officials. As he suggests, do referees go into games knowing what’s likely to happen, or are they blissfully unanware.

#209 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2023 - 12:17 PM

Random thoughts on the York game.

We could have done without some of their chants.

We looked well off the pace in the first half. Mandeville struggled against their full back. There wasn't a lot of movement across the front and we looked laboured in midfield. Williams did well against John-Lewis in the first half. Horton was in control when he had the ball and when under pressure defensively. Jones tried to sort stuff out but didn't get far. They pressed well and defended well with their back 5. They were the better side in the first half.

In the second half we turned pretty much everything around. Much more movement, better passing forward, created lots of decent chances and generally finished well.

Grigg took his goals well. Jones and Naylor did well as usual both on the ball and (especially Jones) sorting stuff out off it. Loads of players did very well in the second half. Grimes looked decent as did Williams. Boot did well enough throughout. Mandeville did better. Whilst it's hard not to pick our Grigg for his goals and Jones for his allround game, I'd probably go with the excellent Horton as MOTM. Dobra blew hot and mostly cold, but otherwsie the second half was a good team performance.

A very good second half in fact. COYB

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users