• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Club Shop

#1 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:39 PM

Sorry... yet another thread on this subject...but..

The Mrs called in earlier to pick me up a new home shirt, no problem there, all sorted and I'm actually very pleased with the quality, so much better than recent seasons,.
But whilst she was there, she was having a bit of of a browse,(not too much as in her words 'there's sod all in') and what there is, is pretty much online order only, even smaller things like car air fresheners etc are online order, like I say I've not been, but if true, why haven't we got a touch screen in there, where uou can browse an even bigger online range, and also order stuff to be delivered to the shop for folk to collect on a matchday or at their leisure??

Just a thought... maybe shouldda used the fan forum email thingy..
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#2 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 07:21 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 01 August 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

The Mrs called in earlier to pick me up a new home shirt, no problem there, all sorted and I'm actually very pleased with the quality, so much better than recent seasons,.
But whilst she was there, she was having a bit of of a browse,(not too much as in her words 'there's sod all in') and what there is, is pretty much online order only, even smaller things like car air fresheners etc are online order, like I say I've not been, but if true, why haven't we got a touch screen in there, where uou can browse an even bigger online range, and also order stuff to be delivered to the shop for folk to collect on a matchday or at their leisure??

Seems to me, we're absolutely crying out for a root and branch review of all the club's revenue streams. It would also provide reassuring evidence to any doubters that we do now have some serious business acumen at the top table. When is someone going to take ownership of the growing portfolio of missed opportunities that CFC offers?

This post has been edited by Mac's Back: 01 August 2023 - 07:22 PM

We're on our way

#3 User is offline   Bluebelle 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 09:13 PM

There’s currently a Facebook post from the artist J K Mudiman, saying he’s approached the club about selling his prints etc in the shop ( with a cut going to the club obviously) but he’s been turned down. His prints of both the current ground and Saltergate are really good. Shame, another opportunity missed
"Its much more important than that !"

#4 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 01 August 2023 - 09:34 PM

In all honesty our club shop isn't very good and poorly stocked anytime of the season
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#5 User is offline   Taptonblue1 

• Trialist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:30 AM

View PostBluebelle, on 01 August 2023 - 09:13 PM, said:

There’s currently a Facebook post from the artist J K Mudiman, saying he’s approached the club about selling his prints etc in the shop ( with a cut going to the club obviously) but he’s been turned down. His prints of both the current ground and Saltergate are really good. Shame, another opportunity missed

I also own a small business and offered items at just about cost price but they are not interested. just makes you wonder if anyone within the club actually understand what fans want to purchase.

#6 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:35 AM

Is this another item for the fans forum
Have passport will travel

#7 User is online   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:50 AM

View PostBenno Spire, on 02 August 2023 - 08:35 AM, said:

Is this another item for the fans forum

I will bring this up on Thursday Ian.

#8 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:52 AM

Drove by yesterday and noticed that they were taking the "Technique" lettering down and replacing with SMH Group.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#9 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:57 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 01 August 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

Amazed there isn’t an online shop….we do seem a bit backward sometimes in the business & revenue stream acumen

It’s not all what’s on the pitch, it’s serving customers of it as well

#10 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 02 August 2023 - 09:30 AM

There is an online shop, it can be accessed via the official website or on this link --> http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/shop

Has sections for adult and kids replica kit, training kit (which doesnt have a lot currently as suspect they are awaiting it coming in for the new season), casual stuff and a load of random stuff classed as accessories which covers things like mugs and stuff. Not saying its the greatest but there is one there.

#11 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 August 2023 - 09:40 AM

I wouldn't advise anyone to buy anything online that is low in stock.

I bought a shirt and went down to collect it an hour later to be told they had sold it and they had none left. If you want anything thats low in stock, I'd suggest you go down and buy it in the shop.

#12 User is offline   Essex_Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 09:53 AM

The club shop is rubbish. It is only a slight improvement on the old porta cabin which we had at Saltergate, in terms of stock. The lack of items has never been addressed and is a massive financial opportunity missed.

This post has been edited by Essex_Spireite: 02 August 2023 - 09:53 AM

Essex Spireite

#13 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:07 AM

View PostTaptonblue1, on 02 August 2023 - 08:30 AM, said:

I also own a small business and offered items at just about cost price but they are not interested. just makes you wonder if anyone within the club actually understand what fans want to purchase.

Do you sell privately

#14 User is online   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:31 AM

View PostTaptonblue1, on 02 August 2023 - 08:30 AM, said:

Please contact me and I will discuss at forum meeting.
nigelgoodlad@rocketmail.com

#15 User is offline   Nickycw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:31 AM

View PostEssex_Spireite, on 02 August 2023 - 09:53 AM, said:

The club shop is rubbish. It is only a slight improvement on the old porta cabin which we had at Saltergate, in terms of stock. The lack of items has never been addressed and is a massive financial opportunity missed.

Especially with the momentum and feel good factor behind the club. Stuff should be flying off the shelf ready for the new season, and hopefully beyond if we’re going well in the league. We should absolutely be supporting local artists and businesses too.

#16 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:34 AM

View PostEssex_Spireite, on 02 August 2023 - 09:53 AM, said:

Remember at one time been able to get some stuff in the co-op in town but never really took off this was before online sales . Never really took merchandise forward as a club. The club badge etc is used by others I bought some t shirts from red bubble not best quality but ok mainly because the stuff the club shop had was not available in my size and asked when they were getting any was greeted with a shrug of the shoulders (last season)

This post has been edited by martatcross: 02 August 2023 - 10:40 AM

#17 User is offline   Taptonblue1 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:45 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 02 August 2023 - 10:31 AM, said:

Please contact me and I will discuss at forum meeting.
nigelgoodlad@rocketmail.com
unfortunately im currently not in a position to supply cfc at the moment but thanks for the opportunity to discuss i will keep you email address in mind.

#18 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:51 AM

Ironically I find the online worse where half the stuff in the club shop can't be bought online. I think there needs to be a few thoughts of different items, particularly non-season specific items with the club badge on etc.

One thing I think would do well merch wise is a Chester teddy, I know 3 of my bunch would have one (my youngest lad only comes to see Chester LOL)

#19 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:51 AM

View PostTaptonblue1, on 02 August 2023 - 10:45 AM, said:

unfortunately im currently not in a position to supply cfc at the moment but thanks for the opportunity to discuss i will keep you email address in mind.

It would be helpful to know what was offered and when, so that the board can say why the offer was not accepted. Your details can be kept private if you wish.

#20 User is offline   WEareSAILING 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 02:12 PM

Personally the club shop has been poor for years hasn't it? The people that work in there are lovely and very helpful but the standard of some of the things you can buy is horrific. Why haven't we yet started to sell the Puma training wear? Yet the club is happy to commission Union Jack shirts and leisure wear i wouldn't put my dog in nearmind a normal person. Agree with a previous post, the clubs revenue streams need a serious look over, Puma training wear would be a start and then look at other aspects of the club as a whole. I think the trust have done a great job in securing the clubs future but things do seem to be stuck in the past. You only need to look at clubs around us and across the NL and EFL. We are miles behind in lots of areas and that's being generous.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users