Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: What Can The Board Do To Start Winning Fans Over? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Can The Board Do To Start Winning Fans Over?

#81 User is offline   CrossStreet62 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:Retired to my static caravan at the end of the drive.
  • Interests:My Family
    Living one day at a time for as long as I can
    Listening to the music that means so much to me

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

Bridges can be mended...trust can be recovered. Have to admit this catalogue of disasters are unprecedented and if addressed early enough could have been resolved.

•The club have to acknowledge what's happened what's gone wrong.
• Take responsibility and get to the bottom of the problem.
• Communication and Dialogue.
• Offer a Special Plan of action and recovery.
• Offer Incentives
• Appreciate the fans.

Having read Moondogs great efforts over the past few weeks and his dialogue with the club and I Applaud him for that....it has to be done in a better way other than arraigned meetings in coffee shop. AC is obviously the appointed rep to try and put a sticking plaster over this whole ugly bleeding sore of a mess. I just hope they don't leave things too much longer. The owner maybe stubborn but he is not stupid.
"CFC is in my soul" "It's a way of life" "Keep The Faith" "A Spireite Till I Die"

#82 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

View PostCrossStreet62, on 04 August 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

Bridges can be mended...trust can be recovered. Have to admit this catalogue of disasters are unprecedented and if addressed early enough could have been resolved.

•The club have to acknowledge what's happened what's gone wrong.
• Take responsibility and get to the bottom of the problem.
• Communication and Dialogue.
• Offer a Special Plan of action and recovery.
• Offer Incentives
• Appreciate the fans.

Having read Moondogs great efforts over the past few weeks and his dialogue with the club and I Applaud him for that....it has to be done in a better way other than arraigned meetings in coffee shop. AC is obviously the appointed rep to try and put a sticking plaster over this whole ugly bleeding sore of a mess. I just hope they don't leave things too much longer. The owner maybe stubborn but he is not stupid.

To be fair suggesting not meeting at the club was my request. There's no suggestion any future meetings will be held in a public place.

#83 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

View Postmoondog, on 04 August 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Keep these suggestions and comments coming and I'll ensure Ashley sees them with a view to progressing the viable ones.

It helps if we can keep suggestions on one thread, as its more manageable. So if you see something new or not covered on another thread copy and paste it here.

Let's try and keep this thread respectful and free of internal debate we can do this on other threads, let's keep this one for matters you'd like the club to consider and address.

Any observers not wanting to contribute but agreeing what's said or not wanting to duplicate a point then pressing the green button in support would help.

Mark,

I understand that Zorro recently asked AC two questions regarding the DC.

As a starting point, I suggest that you seek permission from both parties to post both questions on here and also AC's response.

#84 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

-Remove the surcharge for printing your own tickets.
-Remove the additional price for tickets bought on the day.
-Reverse the decision to not allow personal callers to have any choice of seat.

All of these are counter-productive and unhelpful in my opinion.

#85 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

I'd like reassurances that no employee benefits from commission on transfer income until fundamental company objectives such as trading profitably are achieved.
Call me cynical but I'm reduced to wondering whether there might be ulterior motives in the premature sale of any player.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#86 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 04 August 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

I mentioned this recently, but feel it needs reiterating, a re-hash of the much-criticised Fans Forum would be an excellent way forward IMHO.

Appreciate its a chunk of everyone's time, but maybe an hour or two, every other month isn't too much to expect? The meeting needs structure, administrating accurately and be a platform for everyone to have their say.

No offence to the people involved previously, but some of the fans involved were never going to ask serious questions or challenge the responses they got. Indeed one of the biggest 'wins' IIRC was the re-introduction of brown sauce on the concourse!

There is plenty of fans, who love this club, willing to commit time to help repair the damage of late, with constructive and valuable advice and opinions. The quicker the club realise and engage with them, the better.

There was an old saying in business that if a company needed a PR department, it had something to hide or needed spin. Also, when customers are included in the process, image improves - golf days, dinners etc. I do think a bit of positive spin would be soothing and I'm not advocating golf days because they are prob best for sponsors etc.... A fans forum two or three times a year would get people involved.BUT.. How many turned up to Saunders one - 100? Morgan 30 or 40? Is it the best way really?

#87 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

View PostElton John 1866, on 04 August 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

There was an old saying in business that if a company needed a PR department, it had something to hide or needed spin. Also, when customers are included in the process, image improves - golf days, dinners etc. I do think a bit of positive spin would be soothing and I'm not advocating golf days because they are prob best for sponsors etc.... A fans forum two or three times a year would get people involved.BUT.. How many turned up to Saunders one - 100? Morgan 30 or 40? Is it the best way really?

That's a god shout, we've had these pre-season previously and they've been a success.

Although, being involved in arrange such days myself, I know how much of a headache they can be!

#88 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:03 AM

Another area where the club can improve relations with fans is by getting our opinion on the propsed EFL changes, such as the whole game solution (4 divisions of 20 clubs) prior to next summers vote at the AGM and we know in advance which way our club is going to go and they know our views, same with EFL trophy changes etc.

#89 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 August 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

-Remove the surcharge for printing your own tickets.
-Remove the additional price for tickets bought on the day.
-Reverse the decision to not allow personal callers to have any choice of seat.

All of these are counter-productive and unhelpful in my opinion.

With you on these fella. I can't always guarantee being in the area on matchday as I work away. But if I am & make a decision to go to the match, why should I have to pay more to print my own ticket off? Why should I have to pay more for purchasing a ticket on the day?
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#90 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:16 PM

View Postash_cfc, on 04 August 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

With you on these fella. I can't always guarantee being in the area on matchday as I work away. But if I am & make a decision to go to the match, why should I have to pay more to print my own ticket off? Why should I have to pay more for purchasing a ticket on the day?

Agreed, probably standard practice though.

Picking your own seat was a ball ache for everyone else in the queue though.
JRID

#91 User is online   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 04 August 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Barely. They load up the seats anyway to select them for the tickets. Not sure How much harder it is to sit on Row H than it is on Row Q if you wanted too.

Another piece of nonsense in my eyes

This post has been edited by CFC91: 04 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

#92 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:44 PM

"Got anything row h near the middle"
No
"How about G?"
We have one in the middle.
"Ah, there's 3 of us"

"What about the Kop, have you got 3 together in the Kop"

Row B and C we have.

"Oh wanted to be higher up really"

Shouts his mate "they have three together Row C?"

Mate comes over, "anything any higher "

Queue is getting longer.....
JRID

#93 User is offline   semi130497 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 24 July 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

In the hope that AC reads this board, I have started this thread for fans to suggest ideas on what the board can do to try and get the fans back on side

I will start with

1/ only charge £3 to get into the Leicester game and give out a voucher for a free drink at the first home game
2/ Announce that CT has left the club to take up a different challenge in his career
3/ Allow Danny a few more signings
4/ Announce that there will be a pre season trip abroad very early and confirm that fans will be invited to be part of a sensibly priced club organised trip with maximum numbers on a first come first served basis

Please add your thoughts and ideas, try your best to keep them clean and sensible

There are only 2 realistic ways for bridges to be built.
1)CT to be sacked and a professional CEO to be appointed at the club
2) complete ditching of the so-called "questionable enterprise" as it is called on another thread, with no room for question if we still have some residual involvement.

Sacking CT and appointing a good new CEO alone may be enough, keeping him and ditching the "questionable enterprise" wont be. Anything else is just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.As CT almost certainly isn't going to be sacked as long as DA is here then trust will not be rebuilt until DA has gone.

For me now its just a question of waiting and hoping for a good new owner now, and going to a few matches when in chesterfield for the sake of supporting the team.

This post has been edited by semi130497: 04 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive

#94 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

This is one reason folk buy STS. At least you know where you are sitting and can go straight to gate from pub or wherever. Those not renewing have opened up a rare opportunity to get better seats than usually available for anyone still undecided about getting an ST if such people exist! I reckon the family stand ST take up won't be much down based on us being able to move to only very slightly better seats. Looking forward to seeing my first game of the season at the Proact and the infamous Ched in action.

#95 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

We should be encouraging people to come not putting hurdles in their way. Simple as that.

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 04 August 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Was it? Surely you say where you'd like to be roughly and you got as close as you could. Now I can see people taking longer to decide whether to accept what's on offer. I'd have no issue with it if we were close to selling out every week and could afford to dictate terms a little more in terms of supply and demand.

#96 User is online   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 August 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

We should be encouraging people to come not putting hurdles in their way. Simple as that.

Was it? Surely you say where you'd like to be roughly and you got as close as you could. Now I can see people taking longer to decide whether to accept what's on offer. I'd have no issue with it if we were close to selling out every week and could afford to dictate terms a little more in terms of supply and demand.

As an exile, it is impossible for me to get a face value ticket unless make a special visit the ground outside of a match day which is never going to happen as I'm two hours away. Shambles.

#97 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:26 PM

View Posthilly81, on 04 August 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

As an exile, it is impossible for me to get a face value ticket unless make a special visit the ground outside of a match day which is never going to happen as I'm two hours away. Shambles.

Unless you have someone get you one in person ahead of the day. Which shouldn't be necessary.

Good point though - an exile travelling on the day cannot purchase a ticket at face-value at Chesterfield FC. How can that be right?

#98 User is online   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 August 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

Unless you have someone get you one in person ahead of the day. Which shouldn't be necessary.

Good point though - an exile travelling on the day cannot purchase a ticket at face-value at Chesterfield FC. How can that be right?

Exactly right. Someone has to be inconvenienced for me to be able to get a face value ticket. It's wrong in this day in age.

#99 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

I really don't get this...why charge more for printing your ticket at home?? No admin cost..its my paper my ink...i should charge that back to CFC

#100 User is online   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

View Posthilly81, on 04 August 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

I really hope Mr Carson is reading this thread and shaking his head at this one. Absolutely crazy way to treat fans who are willing to travel the lenght of the country for a game

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users