Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chairman Appeals For Fans Support - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chairman Appeals For Fans Support

#221 User is offline   spireite_lad 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

So its down to us again the fans is it Mr Allen,agents and high wages are the norm now in football.Yes you've chucked some dosh into the club you bought it funded the stadium and found that success don't come cheap .If the fans don't come out the woodwork to put money into the club whats the next step ?

#222 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

View Poststarsky72, on 22 July 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

If we were in League 2 then I'd say it was worth a punt, just not sure trying to turn someone into a lone striker while playing in a higher league is wise...

Point taken Starsky , if I was manager I'd like to sign Messi but as it stands we are going to have to make do. Which is why we need to look from within, and DG is a strong lad not easily knocked off the ball who isn't afraid to run at defenders and knows where the net is, who knows we might have a very saleable asset there.

#223 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 22 July 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Point taken Starsky , if I was manager I'd like to sign Messi but as it stands we are going to have to make do. Which is why we need to look from within, and DG is a strong lad not easily knocked off the ball who isn't afraid to run at defenders and knows where the net is, who knows we might have a very saleable asset there.

I agree! And I think that he will one of our success stories this season.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#224 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

View Postazul, on 22 July 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Your opinion of professional footballers is pretty low if think that they be offended by the concern people are rightly showing

The squad is not strong enough in certain areas and the numbers are too low, they will know even if you don't, give them some credit

I fail to see how you interperet my comments as having a low opinion of footballers, quite the opposite in fact, it was my attempt to offer them support in the light of many posters expressing the opinion that the squad was not good enough to stay up.

I think everyone, management, players and supporters recognises that the squad needs additional players, in numbers and strengthening in certain areas but I just feel the current players were not getting enough credit.

The size of the squad is a concern and while no-one from the club has categorically stated there will be no signings it is clear any signings made will have to be value for money and it could take a while longer to come to fruition.

This post has been edited by Brookie: 22 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

#225 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 22 July 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

The most positive steps we can take seen to be moving a current midfielder in to attack. Gardener and banks I feel are the only 2 players that might suit the role as long as we can get plenty of crosses in to the danger areas. Banks has the height while gardener has the pace to get behind the defence.
Here we go again!

#226 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

I think Dan Gardner is a great player, playing up top on your own is a different kettle of fish though, I'd hate to see him regress, thats my only fear.

We saw how difficult it was for proven strikers to adapt to playing the lone role.

This post has been edited by starsky72: 22 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

#227 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Quite right, it can be very difficult playing as lone striker, but out of our current squad I think Dan Gardner is the most suitable to make the transition, but I would not suggest making it permanent, just give the lad 3 or 4 games to see how he adapts. If he thrives as I think he will, great, if he struggles then at least he tried and we will know for sure.

#228 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

View Postdim view, on 22 July 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

Some players heads' might drop but with Evatt and the new VC Sami in their faces, that won't last long. The captain and VC pairing is probably the strongest we've ever had in terms of focus and commitment. We'll be all rate.

Add Hird to that list of players who don't throw the towel in. Whatever you think about his ability he doesn't sulk whereas some are 3 out of 10 players when things are not going well. Only a
friendly but I saw it at Lincoln.

#229 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

Hird was really pumped during the warm up at Alfreton, geeing the other players up and muttering positiveness to himself.

#230 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostBrookie, on 22 July 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

I fail to see how you interperet my comments as having a low opinion of footballers, quite the opposite in fact, it was my attempt to offer them support in the light of many posters expressing the opinion that the squad was not good enough to stay up.

I think everyone, management, players and supporters recognises that the squad needs additional players, in numbers and strengthening in certain areas but I just feel the current players were not getting enough credit.

The size of the squad is a concern and while no-one from the club has categorically stated there will be no signings it is clear any signings made will have to be value for money and it could take a while longer to come to fruition.

Well Turner has been saying with 2 or 3 additions we will have a competitive squad for L1 (although he is back tracking on that now). That suggests to me that he doubted whether it's competitive.

Cook has said exactly the same highlighting the striker positions needs addressed

And you think posters on here will demoralise professional footballers when the management think (and probably they do themselves) the same.

If they get upset under these circumstances, as you think they will, they are immature at best. That is where my assertion came from
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#231 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostLuSiVe, on 22 July 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Hird was really pumped during the warm up at Alfreton, geeing the other players up and muttering positiveness to himself.

That smacks of Schizophrenia, oh good we've got a Psycho on our hands now! :windup
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#232 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

View Postazul, on 22 July 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Well Turner has been saying with 2 or 3 additions we will have a competitive squad for L1 (although he is back tracking on that now). That suggests to me that he doubted whether it's competitive.

Cook has said exactly the same highlighting the striker positions needs addressed

And you think posters on here will demoralise professional footballers when the management think (and probably they do themselves) the same.

If they get upset under these circumstances, as you think they will, they are immature at best. That is where my assertion came from

Not immature, just ordinary people who prefer a pat on the back and a little encouragement and not critisised before we see how they perform in league 1

#233 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

View Postazul, on 22 July 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

What gets me about this budget m'larky - or lack of it - if Richards and Smith had accepted the contracts they were offered, does that mean we would now be looking to ship people out because we couldn't afford to pay everybody. Smith was replaced by Jones (alas Smith and Jones) so you might argue a similar salary, but there is no way you can say that Raglan is on the same money as Togwell or Richards and neither is Dawes. If winning the league doesn't actually count for anything why was DA so adamant that we had to get promoted?

#234 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostRadders, on 22 July 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

What gets me about this budget m'larky - or lack of it - if Richards and Smith had accepted the contracts they were offered, does that mean we would now be looking to ship people out because we couldn't afford to pay everybody. Smith was replaced by Jones (alas Smith and Jones) so you might argue a similar salary, but there is no way you can say that Raglan is on the same money as Togwell or Richards and neither is Dawes. If winning the league doesn't actually count for anything why was DA so adamant that we had to get promoted?

Why did DA want us promoted, for his ego maybe? Certainly wasn't due to financial benefits of being in L1 with all these all alledged bonuses he's having to pay out. Perhaps DA didn't know about these bonuses, the more fool him in that case.

Personally I think it is more complex than bonuses, attendance projections or failed concerts.

This post has been edited by azul: 22 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

#235 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostBrookie, on 22 July 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

Not immature, just ordinary people who prefer a pat on the back and a little encouragement and not critisised before we see how they perform in league 1

They aren't being criticised, end of story

#236 User is offline   fadedblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

View Postazul, on 22 July 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Personally I think it is more complex than bonuses, attendance projections or failed concerts.

Actually it's even more simple than that, it's only about one thing...............................Money!

#237 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostRadders, on 22 July 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

What gets me about this budget m'larky - or lack of it - if Richards and Smith had accepted the contracts they were offered, does that mean we would now be looking to ship people out because we couldn't afford to pay everybody.

You can only assume the contracts were insultingly low and/or not expected to be signed at all.

#238 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

View Postazul, on 22 July 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

They aren't being criticised, end of story

Agreed, truce

#239 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

View Postazul, on 22 July 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Why did DA want us promoted, for his ego maybe? Certainly wasn't due to financial benefits of being in L1 with all these all alledged bonuses he's having to pay out. Perhaps DA didn't know about these bonuses, the more fool him in that case.

Probably more political than complex
A new hope.

#240 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

View Posth again, on 21 July 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Oh give it a rest. Mr. Allen is paying for the dramatic reduction in land prices that meant we got millions less for Saltergate than we would have done three years earlier.
A drop in land prices that was foreseen by nobody, and for which even such a biased source as you can't possibly hold BH responsible.
Nasty cough you've >ahem< managed to pick up. If you've got something to say then say it, and spare us the Beano stuff.

Oh give it a rest.

It wasn't me who held BH responsible, for the £1.8M CFC lost because the contract he signed turned out to be so much bog roll or for any of the other shortcomings uncovered in the Autumn of 2011, it was DA.

But then speaking of "Beano stuff", we all know that pretty much sums up your version of those events.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users