Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chairman Appeals For Fans Support - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chairman Appeals For Fans Support

#201 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

View Posth again, on 21 July 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

But if they budgeted for 7000 crowds and spent accordingly, then PC got the benefit of that last season when he managed to sign some big hitters, relatively speaking.
The clucking noise is the chickens coming home to roost. Fortunately his big signings will be quite good enough for L1.

He's a manager. Any of them, apart from Arsene Wenger, will spend what they're allowed to. Any benefit last season will soon be forgotten if things go badly.

#202 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 22 July 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

He's a manager. Any of them, apart from Arsene Wenger, will spend what they're allowed to. Any benefit last season will soon be forgotten if things go badly.

Some players heads' might drop but with Evatt and the new VC Sami in their faces, that won't last long. The captain and VC pairing is probably the strongest we've ever had in terms of focus and commitment. We'll be all rate.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#203 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

View Postdim view, on 22 July 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

Some players heads' might drop but with Evatt and the new VC Sami in their faces, that won't last long. The captain and VC pairing is probably the strongest we've ever had in terms of focus and commitment. We'll be all rate.

I hope so. It's just that expectations have been downgraded to the level where 20th place will be 'all rate'.

#204 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 22 July 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

I hope so. It's just that expectations have been downgraded to the level where 20th place will be 'all rate'.

Would take that right now even on goal difference
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#205 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

At the risk of being called a happy clapper, here goes

It is probable that some players read the forum and at the moment what they will see is a bunch of doubting thomases who do not think they are up to the job. I think this is unfair, the squad is far better than the last one in league 1 and I am sure they are more than capable of achieving a respectable position.

They are not fools either and I am sure they realise that as a group they need additional numbers in the squad particularly up front but to assume, as some are doing, they will get relegated before a ball is kicked is just plain demoralising.

I can understand the club's position, financial planning is a road full of good intentions but it is very easy to assume income from sources only to find it was over estimated. I have been setting sales budgets for years and still hit snags when customers make promises only to change their plans when their predictions have gone wrong.

Do we really want to go back to the Cox era when the club spent big, still failed and was probably the start of the club almost folding. Steady growth is better than instant gratification, do we want to be another Portsmouth.

Had my winge, will now pull down the baricades, put on my tin hat and wait for the abuse.

#206 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

My problem isn't with the quality of the players, just the lack of depth. We're already looking at not being able to fill the bench for the *first game* with senior players.

#207 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

I'm of the opinion the starting 11 is good enough, but we're no doubt going to have injuries, then that's when the trouble starts

As it stands at orient, we're not even going to have a full bench. If the players read this board then surely they'll understand that
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#208 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:cfc thats all

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostBrookie, on 22 July 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

It is probable that some players read the forum and at the moment what they will see is a bunch of doubting thomases who do not think they are up to the job. I think this is unfair, the squad is far better than the last one in league 1 and I am sure they are more than capable of achieving a respectable position.

They are not fools either and I am sure they realise that as a group they need additional numbers in the squad particularly up front but to assume, as some are doing, they will get relegated before a ball is kicked is just plain demoralising.

I can understand the club's position, financial planning is a road full of good intentions but it is very easy to assume income from sources only to find it was over estimated. I have been setting sales budgets for years and still hit snags when customers make promises only to change their plans when their predictions have gone wrong.

Do we really want to go back to the Cox era when the club spent big, still failed and was probably the start of the club almost folding. Steady growth is better than instant gratification, do we want to be another Portsmouth.

Had my winge, will now pull down the baricades, put on my tin hat and wait for the abuse.

Well said Brookie, and by the look of the car you are driving mate, I can see your sales budgets have been hit more than missed :-).

Realistically we are in debt, is it better that we have a chairman who is prepared to act before it's to late? I believe as others do that he has to balance that with creating a competitive team for this coming season. However I believe that we have reached a pivotal moment where what happens now could have major consequences down the line. In difficult circumstances, this is when the legacy of Mr Allen will be defined.
Non league refs WOW

#209 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

View Postneeddm, on 21 July 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Anybody who is complaining about the financial position of the club can if they wish give the club some money. Sure the club would more than happy to have any donations.

Accidentally plussed this post can someone neg plz. What a stupid thing to say.

#210 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

Agreed, were gonna have to build from within - unless the current players wanna give there bonuses back to find a striker :-D one of the midfielders is gonna have to move forward and practice shooting.

The squad depth is a worry and how so few players eat up so much (all) of the budget
Here we go again!

#211 User is offline   Mark-Valiant 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

Here's a good site for you. It tells you your average league attendance history, position, tier etc. According to this you last recorded an average of over 7000 in 1981, you finished 5th, level 3, with an average of 7331. Just click on your club. :)

My link

#212 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostTorto coruchéu, on 22 July 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Well said Brookie, and by the look of the car you are driving mate, I can see your sales budgets have been hit more than missed :-).

Realistically we are in debt, is it better that we have a chairman who is prepared to act before it's to late? I believe as others do that he has to balance that with creating a competitive team for this coming season. However I believe that we have reached a pivotal moment where what happens now could have major consequences down the line. In difficult circumstances, this is when the legacy of Mr Allen will be defined.

go on then, how do you know what car I drive

#213 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostBrookie, on 22 July 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

go on then, how do you know what car I drive

Waved to you the other week in Hasland mate and thought nice car. Wondered what you were doing post mining.
Non league refs WOW

#214 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostMark-Valiant, on 22 July 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Here's a good site for you. It tells you your average league attendance history, position, tier etc. According to this you last recorded an average of over 7000 in 1981, you finished 5th, level 3, with an average of 7331. Just click on your club. :)

My link

Exactly. All 6300 of the people that did attend ;) could have told you that budgeting for an average attendance we hadn't achived for over 30 years was lunacy. Unfortunately it's the loonies that are in charge.

This post has been edited by LuSiVe: 22 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

#215 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostTorto coruchéu, on 22 July 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Waved to you the other week in Hasland mate and thought nice car. Wondered what you were doing post mining.

Sorry, I think you might have wrong person, never been in mining, always engineering and nearest I've been to Hasland recently is on way to Matlock and Alfreton games

#216 User is offline   Hitit 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostMark-Valiant, on 22 July 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

My link

Really enjoyed this link, however, not sure about the accuracy. We are listed as level 2 1996 to 2000. Perhaps I read it incorrectly.

#217 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostBrookie, on 22 July 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Sorry, I think you might have wrong person, never been in mining, always engineering and nearest I've been to Hasland recently is on way to Matlock and Alfreton games

Oh dear, sorry. Definitely wrong person then. Anyway in regards to your post, I think you are spot on.
Non league refs WOW

#218 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Your opinion of professional footballers is pretty low if think that they be offended by the concern people are rightly showing

The squad is not strong enough in certain areas and the numbers are too low, they will know even if you don't, give them some credit
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#219 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

View Postnot_the_freak, on 22 July 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

Agreed, were gonna have to build from within - unless the current players wanna give there bonuses back to find a striker :-D one of the midfielders is gonna have to move forward and practice shooting.

The squad depth is a worry and how so few players eat up so much (all) of the budget

Unless I'm mistaken DA has said from the off , it was his intention to consolidate in league 1 ie. just avoid relegation then spend next year. It will be a very tough season for us, but I think we have a quality team IF we can avoid injuries we should just about stay up. Anyone else think it would be a good idea to train up Dan Gardner as a striker, the lad seems to have the right qualities for the job. We will have to get used to losing more games than winning but a true supporter will always shout for the lads through thick and thin no matter what. So come everyone lets get behind our team.

#220 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 22 July 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Anyone else think it would be a good idea to train up Dan Gardner as a striker, the lad seems to have the right qualities for the job.

If we were in League 2 then I'd say it was worth a punt, just not sure trying to turn someone into a lone striker while playing in a higher league is wise...

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users