• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pr Season Tour Hungary

#41 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

I think by now we all realise that with Turnipe running this club we will lurch from one cock up to another. I'm guessing they sold less than 10 tickets lol. So rather than admit to another balls up they invent a winner who doesn't exist. I met up with 3 staunch spireites in Scarboro last nite. Season ticket holders for years. They are NOT going next season. Sad state of affairs.
#notapennymore

#42 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

Has Chris Turner gone to Hungary, and if yes, then why?
Have passport will travel

#43 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 09 July 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

I think by now we all realise that with Turnipe running this club we will lurch from one cock up to another. I'm guessing they sold less than 10 tickets lol. So rather than admit to another balls up they invent a winner who doesn't exist. I met up with 3 staunch spireites in Scarboro last nite. Season ticket holders for years. They are NOT going next season. Sad state of affairs.

I suppose it should be formerly staunch spireites

#44 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 09 July 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

I suppose it should be formerly staunch spireites

No they are definitely spireites and if anybody had told me these 3 had had enough I would of laughed and said never. They are particularly urine*d with the Ched Evans signing but that was the last straw. People will vote with their feet Turnipe better get ready!
#notapennymore

#45 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 09 July 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

I'd argue they aren't staunch Spireites then. Lots wrong but not going is not the answer. Better to be in the tent urineing out.
I'm as fed up with the joke that is management of our club as anyone. I was here before them, and I'll be here when they're gone, and in the interim I will champion their removal.
However in my opinion most of the ' I'm not going brigade' generally have a look at me mentality, or are using the issues at the club as an excuse for the real reason they're not going.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#46 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 09 July 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

No they are definitely spireites and if anybody had told me these 3 had had enough I would of laughed and said never. They are particularly urine*d with the Ched Evans signing but that was the last straw. People will vote with their feet Turnipe better get ready!

Hence former

#47 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 09 July 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

I'd argue they aren't staunch Spireites then. Lots wrong but not going is not the answer. Better to be in the tent urineing out.
I'm as fed up with the joke that is management of our club as anyone. I was here before them, and I'll be here when they're gone, and in the interim I will champion their removal.
However in my opinion most of the ' I'm not going brigade' generally have a look at me mentality, or are using the issues at the club as an excuse for the real reason they're not going.

Won't name them but staunch spireites. They have had enough of Turnipe. Many on this board will no them and would be as surprised as me that they are taking this stance! They sed enough is enough Turnipe and Co are taking the wewe. They will be back when things change and this totally inept board start taking notice of the true fans
#notapennymore

#48 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 09 July 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Won't name them but staunch spireites. They have had enough of Turnipe. Many on this board will no them and would be as surprised as me that they are taking this stance! They sed enough is enough Turnipe and Co are taking the wewe. They will be back when things change and this totally inept board start taking notice of the true fans

It's a difficult one. I know of two fans who, due to age, have been following the club for more years than me, and both have been regular season ticket holders since the move to the new ground, when formally they were pay on the day customers, both have now not renewed for next season and will pick and choose their games.
I think to say former Spireites is complicated, but don't underestimate the feeling of many loyal fans who know what's happening under Turner and co and refuse to fund what might be other enterprises.
East stand second class citizen.

#49 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 09 July 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

I don't think the bookies will be giving you odds on CT being in Hungary.

#50 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 09 July 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

to get him as far away from the club as possible?
perhaps we will have a few cock up free days.

#51 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 09 July 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

It's a difficult one. I know of two fans who, due to age, have been following the club for more years than me, and both have been regular season ticket holders since the move to the new ground, when formally they were pay on the day customers, both have now not renewed for next season and will pick and choose their games.
I think to say former Spireites is complicated, but don't underestimate the feeling of many loyal fans who know what's happening under Turner and co and refuse to fund what might be other enterprises.

So why walk away from something you care about?
Surely you stay and try and effect change through voicing your dissatisfaction?
It's people like that who allow football club owners to get away with murder...
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#52 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:34 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 09 July 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

So why walk away from something you care about?
Surely you stay and try and effect change through voicing your dissatisfaction?
It's people like that who allow football club owners to get away with murder...

That's why I said it's a difficult one. I've renewed best part of £1200 pounds worth of tickets, and I hate what Turner, and by association, LS are dragging our club through, but I love going. My mates are just as passionate but they have decided not to renew. Just because they haven't doesn't make them less a supporter. And believe me I know them.
East stand second class citizen.

#53 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:35 PM

So we've got two keepers and one outfield player on trial then.

#54 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 09 July 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

That's why I said it's a difficult one. I've renewed best part of £1200 pounds worth of tickets, and I hate what Turner, and by association, LS are dragging our club through, but I love going. My mates are just as passionate but they have decided not to renew. Just because they haven't doesn't make them less a supporter. And believe me I know them.

I think it does. It's as clear as day to me. Not difficult at all.

#55 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:42 PM

Another trip update and still no mention of the lucky winner and his guest:

Source: http://www.chesterfi...mp-3177187.aspx

Saturday evening and the Spireites reached their base at Globall Sport Hotel in Telki, Hungary, ahead of their seven day pre-season training camp.

The 30-strong travelling group includes two goalkeepers and one other outfield trialist, and includes nearly all the non-injured members of the playing squad, as well as all five of the Spireites' summer signings to date.

It means, unfortunately, that Tommy Lee, Liam O'Neil and the still-recovering Angel Martinez have remained in North Derbyshire with a planned schedule for the week.

In their camp to the north-west of Budapest, Hungary's capital city, the Spireites will have daily training sessions to include fitness-building, increased ball work and gym sessions, all within a carefully monitored footballing environment, which includes set meal plans throughout the week.

The Spireites will take on Cyprian side Apollon Limassol in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Wednesday, with the recent Europa League qualifiers also in Hungary for a training camp.

The squad will return to the UK on Friday, with Sheffield Wednesday the visitors on Saturday (1pm kick-off) in the club's first Proact pre-season friendly. Tickets for which are available now from the ticket office or via this link to the online ticketing store.

Across the week, you'll be able to keep up to date with the progress of the squad as we deliver an exclusive tour diary on the official website, along with regular posts, images and updates on social media.

#56 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 09 July 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

Saturday evening and the Spireites reached their base at Globall Sport Hotel in Telki, Hungary, ahead of their seven day pre-season training camp.

The 30-strong travelling group includes two goalkeepers and one other outfield trialist, and includes nearly all the non-injured members of the playing squad, as well as all five of the Spireites' summer signings to date.

It means, unfortunately, that Tommy Lee, Liam O'Neil and the still-recovering Angel Martinez have remained in North Derbyshire with a planned schedule for the week.

In their camp to the north-west of Budapest, Hungary's capital city, the Spireites will have daily training sessions to include fitness-building, increased ball work and gym sessions, all within a carefully monitored footballing environment, which includes set meal plans throughout the week.

The Spireites will take on Cyprian side Apollon Limassol in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Wednesday, with the recent Europa League qualifiers also in Hungary for a training camp.

The squad will return to the UK on Friday, with Sheffield Wednesday the visitors on Saturday (1pm kick-off) in the club's first Proact pre-season friendly. Tickets for which are available now from the ticket office or via this link to the online ticketing store.

Across the week, you'll be able to keep up to date with the progress of the squad as we deliver an exclusive tour diary on the official website, along with regular posts, images and updates on social media.

Maybe it was Ryan

#57 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:45 PM

Looks like Benno here is your answer.....

#58 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

Considering we apparently don't have a pot to pi. Ss in, why have we gone to the expense of a trip to Hungary where we play one game ?

#59 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 09 July 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

Don't agree with that at all, I've been a town fan through thick and thin, stood on the terraces at random places on cold Tuesday nights, went to Cheltenham on the wishes of my dad whilst he was having a double heart by-pass, Carlisle in the petrol crisis, meetings to save the club, Thursday night trip to Brighton. Tattoo of the club, merchandise all sorts, 253 games in a row without missing one.

I'm not going as I said I wasn't ages ago and not going to be a hypocrite, the reason why because the people running the club don't give two shits about the fans, they have created a divide and left genuine hard working families out of pocket, can't divulge charity money and then try to put a stupid charge for stewards, numerous cock ups, get involved with dodgy business people and can't even coporate with the fans properly.

The clubs a shambles and they need outing as soon as possible for the safety and future of the club.

#60 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:57 PM

Some seem to be cutting their nose off to spite their face. I don't believe that staying away and not supporting the team is helpful but it's their money, and if they want to slink off its their choice.

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users