• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Setanta Sports

#1 User is offline   SpireKop 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, Gym, Bit more football.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

I have a digibox and i'm trying to unlock the Setanta Sports. On the site it says something about a viewing card number associated with the set-up box. Anyone ideas on where i get this? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Blue Army, Blue Army!

#2 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:55 PM

View PostSpireKop, on Aug 13 2007, 06:36 PM, said:

I have a digibox and i'm trying to unlock the Setanta Sports. On the site it says something about a viewing card number associated with the set-up box. Anyone ideas on where i get this? Any help is appreciated.
Cheers

:angry: Have you got the type of box that accepts a top up card,if so yo need a top up with Sentanta.
Many a good tune

#3 User is offline   SpireKop 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Gym, Bit more football.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on Aug 13 2007, 06:55 PM, said:

:angry: Have you got the type of box that accepts a top up card,if so yo need a top up with Sentanta.

It has no card :angry:

This post has been edited by SpireKop: 13 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

Blue Army, Blue Army!

#4 User is offline   benbow 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

View PostSpireKop, on Aug 13 2007, 07:01 PM, said:

I has no card :angry:
Cee tan Tar :angry:

#5 User is offline   spirette 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Spireite through and through

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

Why did they name it after a famous guitar legend? :angry: :angry:
Chesterfield FC: League 2 Champions 2010-2011/2013-2014

#6 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

Cheers

Are you signed up at £9.99p a month ?

#7 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

not much help but as I understand it you need a top up card to encode the subscription which you can subscribe to channels like Uk TV etc try the electric retailers like Currys or Sky
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#8 User is offline   antony hawkins 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

There are 2 types of freeview boxes one with a card slot to view top up tv channels like setanta and the other box is without a slot you just get the basic channels like BBC 3,4 & ITV 2,3,4.

#9 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

View Postmartatcross, on Aug 13 2007, 08:51 PM, said:

not much help but as I understand it you need a top up card to encode the subscription which you can subscribe to channels like Uk TV etc try the electric retailers like Currys or Sky

Setanta is part of freeview but you have to pay to unlock it at £9.99,they are having 46 prem games over the season,but of course Sky will have the better games.

#10 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Aug 13 2007, 09:02 PM, said:

Setanta is part of freeview but you have to pay to unlock it at £9.99,they are having 46 prem games over the season,but of course Sky will have the better games.

I still think it needs a top up card to activate the chip to encode though mate
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#11 User is offline   antony hawkins 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

View Postmartatcross, on Aug 13 2007, 09:07 PM, said:

Correct i have a old freeview box and i can't get setanta sports.

#12 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

View Postmartatcross, on Aug 13 2007, 09:07 PM, said:

I went on Setantas web site and it asks which type you have,a satellite or freeview or cable,then country ie GB,NI or ROI,then your done,it looks immediate to me,i would imagine they give you a code to unlock it as i haven't bought it.

#13 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:27 PM

Cheers

As I heard on the radio today- only a majority of the boxes allow Setana: about 700k out of 12m. Sky is fighting with the broadcast watchdog to be allowed a limited service on freeview and want to use a different system. Few new boxes will be sold until this battle is resolved.
Peter Whiteley

#14 User is offline   Scampi 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Aug 13 2007, 11:27 PM, said:

As I heard on the radio today- only a majority of the boxes allow Setana: about 700k out of 12m. Sky is fighting with the broadcast watchdog to be allowed a limited service on freeview and want to use a different system. Few new boxes will be sold until this battle is resolved.

You can now buy freeview boxes with Setanta cards already in, with one free month.

#15 User is offline   Spindle 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

Cheers

We got it Saturday. On ours the slot is built into the tv so we had to buy a CAM from Setanta for 30 quid which is what the card slots into. Then you have to pay £10 one-off subscription fee and then pay for your first 2 months at once. When you ring them up it took me 30 minutes before i spoke to anyone and i had to listen to the worst music ever. Its very hard to understand what they are saying because you can hear everyone in the background and the woman i spoke to had a really broad scottish accent. Another thing about it is that their are about 3 different instructions each telling you to do a different thing. Once its up and running though its pretty good (if you have'nt got sky like me).

This post has been edited by Spindle: 14 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

#16 User is offline   brianjacks 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:04 PM

Yep, you need a card to watch Setanta on freeview and a compatible box as not all with the slots do the trick.

A guy at work tried the other day and was told he needed to buy a Thomson make of box to be able to have Setanta, don't know how much of that was them trying to get him to buy one as they also said they had loads of motorsport on, which is what interests him, so was about to order but having had Setanta for some time i was able to tell him that wasn't the case.

They told him they had Superbikes etc when in fact the only motorsport i've seen on there is highlights of the BTCC and an irish magazine programme.

#17 User is offline   Scampi 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

View Postbrianjacks, on Aug 14 2007, 03:04 PM, said:

Yep, you need a card to watch Setanta on freeview and a compatible box as not all with the slots do the trick.

A guy at work tried the other day and was told he needed to buy a Thomson make of box to be able to have Setanta, don't know how much of that was them trying to get him to buy one as they also said they had loads of motorsport on, which is what interests him, so was about to order but having had Setanta for some time i was able to tell him that wasn't the case.

They told him they had Superbikes etc when in fact the only motorsport i've seen on there is highlights of the BTCC and an irish magazine programme.

on freeview setanta am i right in saying you only get one channel whilst on satellite and cable you get full lot of 9 channels for same price!

#18 User is offline   Spindle 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

View PostScampi, on Aug 14 2007, 03:14 PM, said:

on freeview setanta am i right in saying you only get one channel whilst on satellite and cable you get full lot of 9 channels for same price!

Yeah you only get Setanta 1 but thats what has something like 46 live prem games 60 scottish games and loads of blue square premier matches.

#19 User is offline   brianjacks 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

From what i've read on their website you get the following

Sky - 9 channels (Setanta 1 & 2, Setanta Golf, NASN, Celtic TV, Rangers TV, Liverpool TV (NEW), Racing UK & Racing World). Plus you often can get the programmes on Setanta Ireland as well as a 10th channel, depending on what it is.

Cable (Virgin media) - 7 channels

Broadband - 3 channels (Setanta 1 & 2 + Setanta Golf)

Freeview - 1 channel (Setanta 1) Although they way i read it, it seems the Setanta 1 on Freeview is different to the same channel on other platforms as it merges the 'best' of all Setanta 1,2 + Golf programming on the one channel.

Still seems a bit steep that you pay £9.99 on Sky for 9 channels and the same price on Freeview for one channel albeit with a 'best of' selection on it.

Although it doesn't mention it on their website, if you have it with Sky and want a dual subscription on another Sky box thats another £5 a month. But to do this you need to speak to Customer Services at Setanta as you can't order the dual subscription via web ordering or the automated order telephone line as i found out a couple of weeks ago.

#20 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Aug 13 2007, 09:02 PM, said:

Plus Scottish premier league and various international and european games.

Also rumours going round that they will be getting highlights from every football league game before any other channel.........

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users