Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: How important is tuesday? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How important is tuesday?

#1 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

Not very, as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong it would be great to get a result, But a cup competition at this stage of the season could give rise to unwanted injuries ect. at an early stage of an important year.
As history tells us heroics in this competition, in beating higher league teams, does'nt help at the buisness end of the season and is quickly forgotten.
Our priority must be next weekends game!

#2 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

View Postdjs, on Aug 12 2007, 06:47 PM, said:

Not very, as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong it would be great to get a result, But a cup competition at this stage of the season could give rise to unwanted injuries ect. at an early stage of an important year.
As history tells us heroics in this competition, in beating higher league teams, does'nt help at the buisness end of the season and is quickly forgotten.

A couple of wins in this competition, and if luck is with us, we may get a big team and a lucrative pay out. Or a televised game, which again will help boost revenue.

I agree wholeheartedly that League should be priority but I think we can gamble after one league game. If there were only a few games to go 'til the end of season and we were pushing for automatic promotion/play offs/trying to avoid relegation then fair enough. Definately worth giving it a go I think.

This post has been edited by Doughnut: 12 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

#3 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

View PostDoughnut, on Aug 12 2007, 06:58 PM, said:

A couple of wins in this competition, and if luck is with us, we may get a big team and a lucrative pay out. Or a televised game, which again will help boost revenue.

I agree wholeheartedly that League should be priority but I think we can gamble after one league game. If there were only a few games to go 'til the end of season and we were pushing for automatic promotion/play offs/trying to avoid relegation then fair enough. Definately worth giving it a go I think.

Because of the opposition, massively important, nothing is better than stuffing any of the deedah teams.

#4 User is offline   cfc_77 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

i think tuesday should be a chance for the younger ones to judge if they need to go out on loan or not e.g. law, jackson maybe even smith! because after all if they can cop against a side like sheffield united then we know they can deal with league 2

#5 User is offline   spirette 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Spireite through and through

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

If we get far in the competition its more money, revenue, and exposure for the club

If we don't, we can concentrate on the league and not getting any injuries.
Chesterfield FC: League 2 Champions 2010-2011/2013-2014

#6 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

Seeing as i am going it is the most important game,any manager will tell you we should take one game at a time,if we progress it makes us money,i always want to win but if we cannot score versus Chester what is our chances of scoring on tuesday ?

#7 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

Personally I think Tuesday is very important! Imagine the confidence a victory over the blunts would bring to the players and fans alike! It would give everyone a huge boost.

#8 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Aug 12 2007, 07:09 PM, said:

Seeing as i am going it is the most important game,any manager will tell you we should take one game at a time,if we progress it makes us money,i always want to win but if we cannot score versus Chester what is our chances of scoring on tuesday ?

I'm sure you know, unless you're very naive, that football never works as simply as that.
Carson Out.

#9 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

View PostPositiveOmen, on Aug 12 2007, 07:45 PM, said:

I'm sure you know, unless you're very naive, that football never works as simply as that.

It depends which bit of my quote you are on about...

#10 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Aug 12 2007, 08:09 PM, said:

It depends which bit of my quote you are on about...

The last bit
Carson Out.

#11 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

View PostPositiveOmen, on Aug 12 2007, 08:11 PM, said:

The last bit

My last bit was based on last seasons failings and we have started with a blank,i really expected us to score a goal yesterday,now i am not so sure about tuesday...

#12 Guest_Dambuster_*

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

View Posthilly81, on Aug 12 2007, 07:44 PM, said:

Personally I think Tuesday is very important! Imagine the confidence a victory over the blunts would bring to the players and fans alike! It would give everyone a huge boost.

And followed by a 'After the Lords Mayors show next saturday'

Can't win can we :P

#13 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

Very important. It gives us a chance to progress, if we do progress, we generate extra income and give exposure to our better players. More importantly, it creates a 'feel good' factor about the team which should generate interest amongst the fan base.

#14 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 12 2007, 08:21 PM, said:

Very important. It gives us a chance to progress, if we do progress, we generate extra income and give exposure to our better players. More importantly, it creates a 'feel good' factor about the team which should generate interest amongst the fan base.

God I hope it does not do as much good as it did last season, can't afford to drop another league now can we? Feel good factor did very little for mour gates last season. The football was the main reason the crowds dropped and the way the club is being ran more and more fans are starting to see the light and no cup run will overcome these things
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#15 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 12 2007, 08:32 PM, said:

God I hope it does not do as much good as it did last season, can't afford to drop another league now can we? Feel good factor did very little for mour gates last season. The football was the main reason the crowds dropped and the way the club is being ran more and more fans are starting to see the light and no cup run will overcome these things

We'd better withdraw from the competition now then.

Get a grip man.

#16 User is offline   Comeonyouirons 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:West Ham United <br />Lager

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

Tuesday is massively important

PLEASE beat them , Please !!!!

In fact a spot of ritual humiliation wouldnt go amiss

Though if Town do win , beware , as McCabe may go to the High Court citing the illegal registration of Peter Leven ;)
THEY FLY SO HIGH , NEARLY REACH THE SKY , AND LIKE MY DREAMS THEY FADE AND DIE

#17 User is offline   skaw 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

Very important, we need all the money we can get and I think we will struggle to get promoted this season anyway. Mind you after the ridiculously small profits stated from last seasons run it might not be worth it......

#18 User is offline   spirette 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Spireite through and through

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

View PostComeonyouirons, on Aug 12 2007, 08:38 PM, said:

Tuesday is massively important

PLEASE beat them , Please !!!!

In fact a spot of ritual humiliation wouldnt go amiss

Though if Town do win , beware , as McCabe may go to the High Court citing the illegal registration of Peter Leven :D

:P ;)
Chesterfield FC: League 2 Champions 2010-2011/2013-2014

#19 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

Personally I'm not bothered about any 'rivalry' because one doesn't exist for me. Maybe those who watched us in the 80s when we played them regularly will disagree.

I can see them playing a virtual reserve side which should give us a reasonable chance. But I'd probably take 3 points on Saturday over a win at Bramall Lane.

#20 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Aug 12 2007, 10:47 PM, said:

Personally I'm not bothered about any 'rivalry' because one doesn't exist for me. Maybe those who watched us in the 80s when we played them regularly will disagree.

I can see them playing a virtual reserve side which should give us a reasonable chance. But I'd probably take 3 points on Saturday over a win at Bramall Lane.

poor home draw saturday. new manager whos got to win over the fans & convince them they are going forward. cant see robson risking cup defeat by playing a weak side.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users