• Group: Members
  • Interests:Seeing the mighty Spireites obviously

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

Where does this leave our team without Huddy, Evatt, McMaster, Dawson

New Keeper

Bailey Blathers O'Hare Shinner

Allot Davies Niven Smith/Logan

Tcham/Folan DeBolla

Looks fine to me! Chief next season has to be a bench player so does Muggs! Downes isnt quite ready and needs someone as strong as Evo to help him! Rather have O'Hare there! Hope Logan signs! Gaz would be good in midfield or SAMMY!
Come On Spireites

#2 User is offline   Chezza 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:59 PM

I think Mac has made the position clear to Logan its up to him to come and prove himself now. More off the pitch by the sounds of it.

If its true that Spurs are signing another keeper, then we can only hope in vain that they send Fulop out for some league experience. I know that it is a long shot but we can hope. :(

#3 User is offline   Sherman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:09 PM

david_cfc, on Jun 6 2005, 07:53 PM, said:

New Keeper

Tcham/Folan DeBolla

Looks fine to me! Chief next season has to be a bench player so does Muggs! Downes isnt quite ready and needs someone as strong as Evo to help him! Rather have O'Hare there! Hope Logan signs! Gaz would be good in midfield or SAMMY!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Badly in need of some midfield creativity and a finisher.

I think De Bolla has it in him to score plenty but he needs a bit of luck, a good start and the confidence which will come from an extended run in the team.

#4 User is offline   david_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Seeing the mighty Spireites obviously

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

Pray for someone with a slow defence on our first fixture, a good linesman(yeah right) and a decent ref! Perfect recipe for DeBolla to bag a hat-trick!
Come On Spireites

#5 User is offline   dannypearson 

• MBB Players player of the year
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:footy and beer.

currently addicted to ebay and on line poker

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

New Keeper

Tcham/Folan DeBolla

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As it stands currently the team I would like to see start next season is

Muggs
Allott Niven Davies Logan
Chief De Bolla

Looking at that side (all though they will all always put their all in for the cause) - we will be a little short in terms of out and out quality and unlocking defences.

A defender, a striker and some more creativity in midfield is needed (and I think Roy will deliver all)
This week, I have been mostly... drinking excessively

#6 User is offline   Sam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Then...Now...Forever a Spireite....

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

Gaz would be good in midfield or SAMMY!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gaz may be 'reliable' as most people describe him but he lacks any real quality for me and is just a cheap player who can cover a few posistions when we have injuries/suspensions ... just a stand in, we have far better midfielders who will always jump the queue ahead of gareth davies...no dis-respect to him just think he lacks skill.
Reach for the moon, if you fall short you'll still be amongst the stars...

#7 User is offline   spireite tom 

• joke town
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

sam, on Jun 6 2005, 08:38 PM, said:

Gaz may be 'reliable' as most people describe him but he lacks any real quality for me and is just a cheap player who can cover a few posistions when we have injuries/suspensions ... just a stand in, we have far better midfielders who will always jump the queue ahead of gareth davies...no dis-respect to him just think he lacks skill.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's great for when you need it cos he fights for everything but i'd add another centre midfielder and a new centre back in there,as i believe the spine of the team isn't strong enough!
Spireite til i die

#8 User is offline   The Doctor 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:26 PM

We still have a 'decent starting XI'

muggs

Super AB Blathers O'hare 'The Don' Shinner

Ad Smith 'Magic' Allot 'Bones' Niven 'The Sandman' Logan
Who's the more foolish - the fool or the fool who follows?

#9 User is offline   The Doctor 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

The Doctor, on Jun 7 2005, 12:26 AM, said:

muggs

Super AB          Blathers                      O'hare          'The Don'  Shinner
  Ad Smith      'Magic' Allot          'Bones' Niven        'The Sandman' Logan
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oops!

muggs

Super AB Blathers O'hare 'The Don' Shinner

I I I I

Ad Smith 'Magic' Allot 'Bones' Niven 'The Sandman' Logan

I I

The Chief Debolla 'The Kid'

Subs
'Mad Dog'T'cham
Downes
Caleb
Davies Gaz
Yth Keeper (No diff. in experience than Richmondo)

+
Fox
Jubb
Lancaster

+
4 or 5 new players

Paul Hall
Larkin
Clingan
Keeper?? Russ Hawoth (Tranmere)
Chris Day ??
Anthony Elding from Srevenage
Martin Keown! :lol:

#10 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:45 AM

david_cfc, on Jun 6 2005, 09:11 PM, said:

Pray for someone with a slow defence on our first fixture, a good linesman(yeah right) and a decent ref! Perfect recipe for DeBolla to bag a hat-trick!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now before we go any further lets make a note DAVID was the first to slag off the officials and not spireiteblue,i will give them the benefit of watching them first then i will go for there jugulars,it will take all of 5 minutes of the first game i see :lol: .

#11 User is offline   The_Magic_Man 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:33 PM

New Keeper

Tcham/Folan DeBolla

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To me, that team looks very weak. Losing Evatt takes away a lot of strength from the defence. O'Hare is a good player, no doubt, but he can be easily shoved off the ball.

The midfield has been dodgy for a while. As Sam said, Davies is only a squad player. He lacks the skill to become a first team regular. Smith and Logan both have skill but may lack the experience to be consistant enough for regular starts.

Up front, we have potential. DeBolla can score, but it's obviously down to confidence with him. Same with Tcham...he is our best striker in my opinion. Folan is too frustrating for me. He is caught offside much too often and can't score when he starts (what's that all about!?) Maybe if he had a decent run, he will improve. Allison is going to be there for morale more than anything I hope.

New Keeper

Bailey---New CB---Blatherwick---Nicholson

Allot---New CM---Niven---New LM

New FWD---N'Toya/Debolla

So, in my opinion, we need 5 new first team players to have an improved team on last season. But can we afford this? I think so, we have Evatts wages, Hudsons wages, McMasters Wages, Dawsons wages, Innes' wages, Richmonds wages and maybe some of the transfer fee from Evatts transfer, this should give Roy the money he requires.

#12 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:38 PM

The_Magic_Man, on Jun 7 2005, 02:33 PM, said:

To me, that team looks very weak. Losing Evatt takes away a lot of strength from the defence. O'Hare is a good player, no doubt, but he can be easily shoved off the ball.

The midfield has been dodgy for a while. As Sam said, Davies is only a squad player. He lacks the skill to become a first team regular. Smith and Logan both have skill but may lack the experience to be consistant enough for regular starts.

Up front, we have potential. DeBolla can score, but it's obviously down to confidence with him. Same with Tcham...he is our best striker in my opinion. Folan is too frustrating for me. He is caught offside much too often and can't score when he starts (what's that all about!?) Maybe if he had a decent run, he will improve. Allison is going to be there for morale more than anything I hope.

New Keeper

Bailey---New CB---Blatherwick---Nicholson

Allot---New CM---Niven---New LM

New FWD---N'Toya/Debolla

So, in my opinion, we need 5 new first team players to have an improved team on last season. But can we afford this? I think so, we have Evatts wages, Hudsons wages, McMasters Wages, Dawsons wages, Innes' wages, Richmonds wages and maybe some of the transfer fee from Evatts transfer, this should give Roy the money he requires.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didnt it say on Peak they are waiting on a reply from Larkin??

#13 User is offline   The Doctor 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:42 PM

I'll bet he's not short of offers - And been offered mor money by other clubs than us but he won't have to uproot very far (sure he'll be a better player for us if he's living in our N.Derbs paradise as opposed to the vile shantie town in N Notts that is mansfield and sutton).

We shall see.

#14 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:43 PM

The_Magic_Man, on Jun 7 2005, 02:33 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd suggest that Logan and Smith are both quality young players and between them could probably fill that left sided position. They may not be consistent yet but we are in a position where we can't afford quality and experience in every position so we are left to nurture young players and hope that they can turn in to the ones that we need. I'd be happy to start the season with the two of them fighting for that one position anyway.

I have to agree that we need someone else in CM, if only for the numbers as we are very short there at the moment.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

#15 User is offline   The Doctor 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:47 PM

Lee Roache at Burnley and 'Bomber' on free's - Bomber a good replacement for Evvo?

We shall see.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

#16 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:51 PM

[quote name='The Doctor' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:47 PM']
Lee Roache at Burnley and 'Bomber' on free's - Bomber a good replacement for Evvo?

We shall see.
[right]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Bomber will be hard pushed to get fixed up in the basement. I think that Leilani bird must have worn him out...

#17 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:53 PM

[quote name='Majorca Mac' date='Jun 7 2005, 02:51 PM']
[/quote]

Bomber will be hard pushed to get fixed up in the basement. I think that Leilani bird must have worn him out...
[/quote]

Still, what a way to go!! ;)
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

#18 User is offline   Sam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Then...Now...Forever a Spireite....

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:27 PM

The main gap now obviously is the one in which Evatt has left us and the vancancy in the middle of the park.

Between O'Hare and Downes at the moment the choice for me is O'Hare he is a little more experienced although I feel as I know others do that his natural posistion is at left-back. The only thing I believe O'Hare is lacking in at CB is some more meat on his chops... he just needs to bulk up a little more this is where I feel Downes earns more points however I feel at the moment O'Hare is the safer option, he is more reliable.

We do need something fresh in midfield whether we need experience or a young head in midfield I'm not sure. Whilst experience is maybe what we need we also want pace in the middle too someone who can lay the ball off well to the strike partnership and someone who can chip in with a few goals every now and then too.
I still wait for the day when Allott is pushed in the middle to shine and the fan's will then see what a hard-working skillful player he really is.

I'd think about the option of getting a new wide player for Allott's 'posistion' and throw him in the middle.

One more striker too and I think we'll be set generally here i believe we have the skill with DeBolla and Tcham and the pace with Folan target man in the Chief..... maybe just someone else I guess in the same calibre as Allison bout maybe a better passer of the ball.....
Reach for the moon, if you fall short you'll still be amongst the stars...

#19 User is offline   Sherman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

sam, on Jun 7 2005, 05:27 PM, said:

The main gap now obviously is the one in which Evatt has left us and the vancancy in the middle of the park.

Between O'Hare and Downes at the moment the choice for me is O'Hare he is a little more experienced although I feel as I know others do that his natural posistion is at left-back. The only thing I believe O'Hare is lacking in at CB is some more meat on his chops... he just needs to bulk up a little more this is where I feel Downes earns more points however I feel at the moment O'Hare is the safer option, he is more reliable.

We do need something fresh in midfield whether we need experience or a young head in midfield I'm not sure. Whilst experience is maybe what we need we also want pace in the middle too someone who can lay the ball off well to the strike partnership and someone who can chip in with a few goals every now and then too.
I still wait for the day when Allott is pushed in the middle to shine and the fan's will then see what a hard-working skillful player he really is.

I'd think about the option of getting a new wide player for Allott's 'posistion' and throw him in the middle.

One more striker too and I think we'll be set generally here i believe we have the skill with DeBolla and Tcham and the pace with Folan target man in the Chief..... maybe just someone else I guess in the same calibre as Allison bout maybe a better passer of the ball.....
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good post - bang on with all of that, especially moving Allott into the middle where he can use his range of passing. Makes room for a flier on the wing who can beat his man and put a good cross in.

#20 Guest_Mr. Motivator_*

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

I personally think that our forwards will shine next yearif they are given a chance.. because when youlook back at all these top players in our league who scored 20 goals last season you will find most will have had the same sort of season as tcham e.t.c

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users